$2000 to $500,000 with penny miners.

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by Wy So Lo, Mar 20, 2016.

1. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

BYR - another vehicle for enriching management and cunning traders, with shares hyperinflated from 45m to 935m over the decade. Will pm with how I look at its chart, fwiw.

2. olifrated

olifrated Active Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for sharing information on here it is much appreciated for a beginner like myself
    That hc forum there is some very opioniated people on there that seem to spout a load of bs for their own agenda ........ How to sort the wheat from the chaff ?? Are there any people on there that anyone follows for tit bits ( I know you still have to do your own research ) also any other forums worth a read up on ........ Cheers

3. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

Have you got a plan and some companies on a shortlist yet, I want to make a change this week but i will wait for my money to come through, i think.

4. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

Code Qty Curr Cost Basis Date Acquired Last Price Change ($) Gain/Loss ($) Market Value News & Tools Trade
    ARU 4,300 AUD 0.049 29/04/2016 0.048 -0.002 -4.30 206.40 23/05/2016 1:08:48 PM Buy Sell
    AZS 13,500 AUD 0.045 06/05/2016 0.038 -0.002 -94.50 513.00 23/05/2016 9:59:48 AM Buy Sell
    EXU 16,200 AUD 0.038 28/04/2016 0.060 0.000 356.40 972.00 23/05/2016 11:25:26 AM Buy Sell
    Took another hit today , mainly AZS but i was happy considering the smash in prices of metals. Still up about $170. If my money ever arrives i will ad some other micro to the mix.

5. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

Account is holding up real good despite the metals price smash. I expected a hit from the last 10 hour metals hit, but it opened , up $20, unreal!!.

6. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

Code Qty Curr Cost Basis Date Acquired Last Price Change ($) Gain/Loss ($) Market Value News & Tools Trade
    ARU 4,300 AUD 0.049 29/04/2016 0.050 -0.001 4.30 215.00 25/05/2016 5:18:39 PM Buy Sell
    AZS 13,500 AUD 0.045 06/05/2016 0.036 -0.001 -121.50 486.00 25/05/2016 2:15:55 PM Buy Sell
    EXU 16,200 AUD 0.038 28/04/2016 0.064 0.006 421.20 1,036.80 Buy Sell
    EXU saves th day again . Gives me great encouragement, when a miner rises while metal price falls This project is really going to fly. I will have some more cash next week to get my next position.

7. scrooged

scrooged New Member

I've had a bit of a read up on AZS and it looks ok heading forward albeit most information going over my head.

Be good if Finicky could run it through the time machine and see if it spits out anything?

8. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

paging Finicky, paging Finicky.

9. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Lol, very nice thankyou, but bit sick of shares - silver and gold more so

10. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

WE are burned out, hey. It has been a hard long road, that has been made a little easier because of people like you. Thanks Bro.

11. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

Placed order for 24000 ARD @.025 .. If not filled by tomorrow, or if price runs up i will raise my bid. Last trade was .026

12. hussman

hussman Member

The wealth of information and participation is amazing. Special thanks to Southerncross and Wy So Lo and everyone else.

You have given me the confidence to play around with $3,000.

Will be opening up a Commsec account in the next few business days, and activating my international trading account.

In the meantime, im keen and eager, what is some good reading to do over the weekend?

13. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

Thanks Hussman. I am trying to have a slight bias toward silver miner/explorer as opposed to gold. If you are able to enter the market while the gold/silver price is in correction phase, as we are seeing now, you have a great advantage. You can determine how the company has responded to the recent price, the volumes, and still able to enter at a fair price. I am trying to get a slice of ARD because of several reasons. Projects are all in Australia, they are all within reasonable driving distance of each other, they are on significant volume resource volume, giving a cheap open pit mining option. There seems to be a fair chance of further exploration discovery, and their main focus is silver lead zinc, with a sniff of gold thrown in. The drilling work results are coming soon, and it will only take a great result in a small area to stimulate excitement. At .025c -.027c they are a cheap lotto ticket IMO. And as worthless as this sentence is , i have a good feeling about this one. Yea i know i probably just sent them broke LOL.
    I expect you are familiar with these sites and channels but i will give you some of my favorites just in case you have not seen them. https://www.youtube.com/user/BrotherJohnF https://www.youtube.com/user/CrushTheStreet https://www.youtube.com/user/jsnip4 https://www.youtube.com/user/WallStForMainSt https://www.youtube.com/user/FinanceAndLiberty https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrRuSWt2mNNtSRdz-P3XdTA https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPe_oKuUv9PYACjay_Eztcw https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJrY_w-Oan9eb-NfACJfZMQ These are all silver maniacs so i love them. Jim Grant is amazing and believable, and has some of the best financial quotes i have ever heard Ie. Gold is not a hedge against a global crisis, it is an investment in it, LOL. If you want to bounce any ideas, we are a good group to natter with. I am also stunned by the visitor view count on this thread. I hope my performance is as good as my topic header selection, lol.

14. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

ARD to chase or not to chase. I can get a fill at .027 according to market depth. I see no sign that the metals are going to pick up any time soon, so i expect that we will get a visit to .025 or less. Still once i have made up my mind on a stock i get restless. see how i feel at 3:45.

15. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

Was not watching the current holdings, because i was watching my new order for ARD. Got a massive shock when i saw how well EXU went today. All this with subdued price of metals. very happy.Code Qty Curr Cost Basis Date Acquired Last Price Change ($) Gain/Loss ($) Market Value News & Tools Trade
    ARU 4,300 AUD 0.049 29/04/2016 0.049 0.001 0.00 210.70 Buy Sell
    AZS 13,500 AUD 0.045 06/05/2016 0.038 0.001 -94.50 513.00 1/06/2016 6:20:43 PM Buy Sell
    EXU 16,200 AUD 0.038 28/04/2016 0.068 0.010 486.00 1,101.60 1/06/2016 8:27:31 AM Buy Sell
    Moved order for ARD up a tick and there was one trade at that price earlier .026.

16. hussman

hussman Member

Nice work!

I've transferred $3K into my Commsec ASX account today.

Looking to get into something.

17. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

Well you got all weekend to make a selection now so you will be more confident on monday.

18. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Penthouse :) just for the articles of course !

Seriously though there is a lot of info to be had for free at places like HC and here, whirlpool, etc.

Are you going long term or short ? Sorted out using the platform on Commsec ( I still can't find an available to trade amount there)
    Minerals, Tech, Med, ? All in one basket or a spread ?

Don't get caught up in FOMO, Ramping, and buy in just because a stock looks like it is flying and will keep doing so. Also don't be afraid
    to lock in some profit along the way.
    BGS, PSC, CNJ, PIO in that order, are all good buying at the moment (IMO DYOR) but it depends on what your interests are as well, Gold and Silver, Tech, Lithium, renewables, etc
    If you know a lot about a certain tech etc and a company's edge potential over that of it's peers, then you might be more comfortable heading that way over investing
    in something you know bugger all about.

Good luck and let us know how you go. :)

19. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

Yust a few thoughts. The price rise in Gold and silver has seen the smaller gold producers really launching. They are still so far below their 2011 high, that they can go 5x current value and still be reasonable. Some of the smaller miners have had more spent on exploration programs than what they are worth, many times over. What we would expect to see in a young bull trend, is big money hitting on the big GOLD miners first, then the best silver miners, then junior gold explorers, followed by junior silver miners then lastly the silver explorers. My aim is to get roughly a 25/25/25/25, spread between Gold and silver, miners and explorers. Making sense of the technical data and the share structure takes a bit of work, but i try to establish mainly what are the known, and potential deposits scope in ounces. This information will be important as the semi smart money follows the bull market trend. These investors will be a little more discerning than the dumb money that completes the parabolic mania phase of a bull market turned bubble. The late to the party dumb money, are those that got stung in the Tech bust, the young that are long on optimism and short on experience, and are ultimately those that will be buying what i am selling. They will give no regard to ounces inferred, any more than the dilution level of the share issue, and as such will be the final bagholder when there is no one left to sell higher to. This will be a substantially higher peak than what we can imagine, because this time around, we have a trillion Asians that have money and access to the markets. Chinese are known for their gambling attitudes so it is going to get very real very soon. The Chinese wil be disclosing the number of tonnes of gold that they hold, as a condition of entry in to the SDR, and it will be at least more than they are admitting to at the moment. If this number is say 10,000 tonnes, that will wake up the smart money around the globe, and i expect gold to rise very sharply as a response. My logical process tells me that this is the perfect PM storm, that can only be resolved by a savage rise. The US debt clock has got a section on the lower right, showing what gold and silver should be worth today, from 1933 values, and it is jaw dropping. Add to that the fact that the easy gold and silver deposits are long gone , and the picture becomes very clear. More thoughts to come. Please remember my disclaimer, WTHDIK.

20. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That how the gold mining rallies generally work. Money flows in the large caps downwards to the juniors and the explorers. Of course it goes the opposite way as well when a bull market is ending as money leaves the juniors and explorers first a good 6 months or so before the spot price hits its high.