1ST COIN OF NEW SERIES ( "Lunar Skulls" )

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Luker, Nov 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatito Bandito

Gatito Bandito Active Member

Um, who's to say that FCC simply isn't the other *international* half of the equation, that son-montuno has already mentioned early on -- info which has already been shared way earlier in this thread..?

First Coin Company, Inc's main concern is to provide their clients with a wide range of coin styles in significant quantities. First Coin Company, Inc. specializes in supplying numismatic coins for retail and wholesale in great volume. Our retail clients also provide customers with several thousand points of sale worldwide. Our clients are provided with the most favorable costs because First Coin Company, Inc. is an authorized direct distributor/dealer of more than 25 mints from around the world.

http://firstcoincompany.com

Do you have reilable & verifiable info that FCC, should they indeed be the other international half, are holding onto every single coin that's theirs?

Or, perhaps, are they distributing some of their 250 proofs & 1K BU's to *their* non-US clients/dealers?

You're acting like this is some sort of con-job.

Why is this? Did you get shut out or something & now bitter about it? Not that there's anything wrong with it. :)

2. db23

db23 Member

I never said it was a con-job. In fact one of my previous posts indicated that I believe both of these sellers have reliable reputations.
    Can't get shut out if I never asked either of them to begin with.

I have zero doubt that FCC (who I'm 90% positive is originally from Poland) is the international connection.

It's very easy to say that only 50% of something is going to the US market, but the bottom line is that a lot of what is meant for the non US market is redirected right back to the US market anyway because the German sellers know they can make more money shipping here because of the 19% VAT over there.

I'm not denouncing them or their methods, but simply making observations. You sure are defending like you have some skin in the game though. :rolleyes:

3. Gatito Bandito

In fact, I do.

2 proofs & 2 BU's, to be exact. :D

Sure, some of FCC's stock might be staying in the US.

Just as some of SM's stock might be heading out of the US via eBay. Apparently they do ship worldwide (with some exclusions), per their listings. And not everybody might be aware of FCC. eBay provides much greater worldwide exposure at the retail level, due to their long-term recognition / popularity & gajillion country sites -- and also potentially offers an extra level of protection/comfort that some might feel they wouldn't get by going with FCC.

Not to mention some eBay Bucks, which may be equal to or greater than any of FCC's discount codes.

Anyway, seeing the Ghana's relative initial popularity, would you now consider inquiring with either/both if you could get your hands on some? Why or why not?

Honest, no-strings-attached question.

4. db23

db23 Member

The popularity isn't with Ghana, it's with the design of the reverse, which as I said previously is a winner as long as the finished product looks as good as the CGI.

I will not be contacting either of them for these as I am concentrating on other projects at the time.

5. Luker

Luker Member

6. Gatito Bandito

Interesting pricing, even when including VAT.

Then again, any coupon codes and/or free ship?

Going, going, gone.. LOL

7. magickookaburraride

magickookaburraride New Member

Poland ?

FCC contact information...

http://firstcoincompany.com/S/index.php?route=information/contact

The First Coin Company, Inc.
    5255 Stevens Creek Blvd #200
    Santa Clara
    CA 95051
    USA

I drive on that Stevens Creek Blvd at least once or twice a week, after Thanksgiving...I will drop by and check out the place.

8. db23

db23 Member

There is a 100% chance that you will be visiting a UPS Store if you go to that address. :lol:

The UPS Store #2762
    5255 STEVENS CREEK BLVD
    SANTA CLARA, CA 95051
    (408)243-1855

9. magickookaburraride

magickookaburraride New Member

It's #200 , not #2762....probably just a small space in a cookie cutter type industrial building complex.

10. Gazza79

Gazza79 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Something told me to stay away from this coin.
    You could say "I had a feeling in my plums" :)
    Might be a winner or might be a total flop, will have to wait and see.

I hope things go well for all those concerned.

11. Gatito Bandito

#2762 is the UPS Store # (they all have them).

If you check out the street-view on Google Maps, yes, there is a UPS Store there.

It also looks like there are other smaller multiple storefronts in the same building.

Photos from Jan 2014.

12. db23

db23 Member

#2762 is the UPS store number at that location, #200 is his box number at that store - like a PO Box. :rolleyes:

Perhaps a link to the website with CA UPS Store locations will help, search for that address on this page...
    http://www.theupsstore.com/Pages/TUPSS_Locations_California.aspx

13. Gatito Bandito

Or simply a suite # that shares the same multi-storefront building as the UPS Store. ;)

14. db23

db23 Member

Not how it works, it would have a different starting street addres, the ste number is his box number. How do I know this? We have the same setup.

15. Gatito Bandito

Multiple suite #'s can, indeed, share the same street address.

There appears to be a small storefront or two between the chiropractor & the UPS Store.

However, in this case I believe I stand corrected. Different box #'s with different names of companies keep pointing to the UPS Store.

I suppose somebody in Poland who does business in the US could use a UPS box. :D

16. Gatito Bandito

Ah, I think I'm getting how it might work. :)

I've purchased in a similar fashion before. In that case, money went through a financial intermediary in California, who I believe could be providing a similar service for FCC -- as I recall the same name popped up in a Google search. The reason that occurs, from what I understand, is that it's not so simple to send USD to that part of the world, like it is sending USD to AUS, for example.

My govt-issued coins were then shipped from Eastern Europe, as that's where they were minted.

They were legit, and it was a smooth transaction. I'll probably do business with them again in 2015.

Curious, db.. Why do you say Poland? Ruskie living in Poland? Or is it just a close-enough guess?

If you have info you'd rather not post publicly, that's fine.

17. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

And does it actually even matter if the address is a UPS store or not? I don't see any reason why it would matter so long as they run a fine business of fulfilling orders on time.

Seems clear to me that the First Coin Co. has a very good reputation for filling orders. I have ordered several times in the recent past from FCC and I received excellent service. In fact, how do i know most sellers or dealers I buy from don't have an address that is a box address? Could very well be. Come to think of it, if I were selling coins with a few partners involved filing orders, I'd probably choose to have a box as well...why would I want to pay for the unnecessary expense of a brick and mortar establishment when the business of selling coins can be easily done without a store front these days.

18. Gatito Bandito

Obviously it doesn't really matter, at least in this case.

It was 1st brought up in post #267, questioning the claim that FCC is most likely based in Poland.

From what I can tell, anyway, there's definitely some sort of Russian / Eastern European connections.

I've ordered stuff from all over the globe. No biggie. Though you do want to do some vetting first, obviously.

19. db23

db23 Member

Absolutely not, lots of companies in this business do this, very common for security reasons. I'm pretty sure JM Bullion's address is a UPS Store also.

Gatito, I think you missed where I said originally from Poland, as in used to live there but now is in California.

20. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Got this email from FCC:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.