Yippee Ki-Yay eats humble pie

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Bargain Hunter, Jul 22, 2012.

1. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

^^ Lets hope so

2. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

Any evidence to support this? :p
    We nearly got to $50 last year, what makes you think we can surpass that? it would take something pretty incredible to get through $50...

3. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^^^ No. Wishful thinking about 'to the moon' is grasping at straws.
    Especially when your stack is in the red and silver is downtrending.

4. Aureus

Not really sure where you're going with that one mate.
    I would love nothing more than for Silver to go to the moon but it's just a dream, and will be until we have a real shortage decades from now. I'm not even convinced we'll reach $30 before we see low 20s.
    You can make good money with Silver if you constantly buy and sell at the right times, the real losers are those who are holding long term and doing nothing with their stack hoping for a miracle that's not coming. I think it's a terrible way to invest, but whatever floats your boat.

At the end of the day I don't really care, I take comfort in knowing there will be people to sell to when Silver get's back in the high 30s and beyond.

5. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

We can surpass that by alot on this move, both technically and fundamentally speaking.
    Silver fundamental and Debt Crisis, i guess most of us in here already knew and that's probably why we are here i guess.

If i take it a step further, i think not many of us would understand or prepare to accept exponential. Silver price DO NOT behave linearly, it behave EXPONENTIALLY.
    Suppose i have a magic eye dropper and i place a drop of water in the middle of your right hand, the magic part is this drop of water doube in size every minutes. At first
    nothing seems to be happening, but by the end of the minutes, that tiny tiny drop is now double its size, After another minute, you now have a little pool of water sitting on
    your right hand that is slightly smaller in diameter than a dime. After six minutes, you have a blob of water that would fill a thimble.

My point is $26, $30, $35, $50 or $65/oz are actually nothing compare with what is coming. Things will speed up towards the end. That is exactly what was going on in the 1980s where
    gold increase your wealth by 24 times silver 36 times.

If you DO NOT think silver will break $50. wait a while. i am guessing this event will happen when everyone pay least attention to the market. Just like approximately over a month after 9/11, China was finally admitted to the World Trade Organization (WTO) after being considered for 15 years.

Bunkle up and Stack up my friends. We are in for a breathtaking ride.....

6. Aureus

I don't believe in Silver fundamentals, at least not the ones being thrown around in recent times. I think it's a very valuable metal but I'm primarily in it due to the volatility, to flip in and out if you will.
    The financial issues are something very important however, and you're right, that's why I'm here and why everyone should be. They are what drives the price, not the countless fairy tales about JPM and mass manipulation.

Don't mistake last years parabolic move as something that is healthy and normal, I'm not saying it couldn't happen again but the end result would be the same.

7. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

I guess different people are here for different purposes then, traders , collectors etc.
    Market behaves up and down, trapped in wealthcycles. How long it stays up and how long it stays down defines where wealth will go.
    I personally invest for the long term in commodity not limited to PM.

8. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Everything that grows at a constant rate grows exponentially.
    It is a natural characteristic of percentage compounding. See here http://forums.silverstackers.com/to...erupt-july-18th-2012-by-egon-von-greyerz.html
    If I left fiat in a bank account, it would also grow exponentially.
    Permabulls love to use exponential charts to convince and bedazzle.

I bet your right. But how long is a while? :|

9. Aureus

Sounds like you have Silver fever my friend.

I guess if you love what you do then taking a fiat loss really wouldn't bother you, unfortunately for me I hate my job so I do my best to make my investments work for me. I wasn't having a dig at anyone, just get concerned when I read comments from people who have bought into permabull lies. I want to see people learn from the past, I want us all to make money, we're all investing in the right stuff afterall so it should be possible with a little common sense.

10. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Roman ya might want to go and check out what the US geological survey have to say on the future of silver. Nine years or so at current rates of extraction.

11. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I bin lub ya long time lady :) :) :)

12. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Can't be. Post are far too short. Makes too much sense. Not standing on a soapbox. Nah.

:D :p

13. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

So, Yippee made a wrong call, as we all do from time to time. No biggy. Last time I hinted at a prediction I managed to inspire a response that could easily be termed rabid - at least from a small no. who attempt to display a delusional moral superiority; needless to say the ones that barked the loudest were nowhere to be seen or heard from when I was proven totally correct.
    Go out on a limb and make a call; if nothing else it inspires some debate.

14. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

What post was that? :)

15. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

The background and motivation behind the recent murders of a Rabbi and his children and I think some others in France.

16. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

A while means as earlier as year end 2012. By 2016-2020 probably mania stage in GOLD.
    If you have a look at the oil price and euro. This gives me signal that the market are not sensing the fed is going to do stimulus. We are in deflation impluse, disinflation...
    The fed sense Inflation is starting to kill jobs. They know that production and export is really the truth way out of this.

By Year end if the central bank do not coordinated and do some kind of stimulus program. we will experience another type of 2008 crisis. Except this time is alot worse.
    Hold Liquid commodity and real asset.

Holding USD (short term) might actually make you gain when the the interest rate in US start to rise. So buy USD is short term play, Liquid commodity and PM for long term.

You are right. Everything behave exponentially. Population growth. Deforestation. You name it. :)
    My point in this case of exponential is if the mass thinks "Yippee Ki-Yay eats humble pie" which translate to silver will only stay for the $25-$35 range.
    You might be overlooking an opportunity....