Yippee Ki-Yay eats humble pie

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Bargain Hunter, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Right,here we begin blaming the scapegoat Yippee. Let us blame Yippee for the fact that you have no brain to think for yourself. This is a free world (or sort of) to think for yourself. Do not blame others for your indevidual stupidity. This blame game is very ugly and we cannot control where it ends. People here on SS who were fed by greed expecting silver to hit $100 are now chastising 1 indevidual - Yippee. You are right there is 1 person at fault - yourself. Stop behaving like politicians and blame others when the fault lies within yourself. Grow up.

2. Ag

Ag Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well said Ronnie!

<in Yippee's memory> "OK YOU'LL NEVER BUY PAMP 1KG UNDER $15"

3. Ag

Ag Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:lol:

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent

The problem with any level of prediction is that when it doesn't happen (regardless of the foundation for the surmation), you lose credibility either as an individual or a concept.

Fact is, the fiat paper game and market manipulation is lasting a lot longer than it rationally should, but this honestly can be brought down to the level of control the market manipulators have over the system.

Personally, I don't like even discussing the fiat value of future metal because (and I say this time and again), the metals markets are some of the most heavily manipulated commodities markets in the world today, criminally so. Even if you are fundamentally correct in your line of logic, the criminals in charge can change it with the flick of a switch.

Sure, it goes against all levels of sane action to continue down the path of destruction, knowing where the end of the road lies - but it has to be said that the people who are rigging (and profiteering) from the markets either have no concept of this end or simply know they cannot do anything to reverse what's already in motion and will just keep taking more drastic actions until they cannot.

But I will leave you with this as a final thought.

What's an ounce of gold worth in Zimbabwean dollars today?

When you start thinking like that, then the concept of gold's 'value' in fiat really ceases to be a relevant arguement & fiat price points are nothing more than a measure of trade at any one point in time.

Think long people.

5. Aurora et luna

Aurora et luna Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The hostility towards gold always amazes me.
    I caught up with some friends last week. They all knew that I am a gold bug and during dinner I made another futile attempt to convince them of the wisdom of owning some gold.
    Because they are all retirees I even illustrated my arguments with a supposedly true story of a Zimbabwean public servant who sold his property for $750,000 when he retired hoping to live out his old age comfortably on the proceeds.
    At that time 20 years ago, one Zimbabwe dollar was comparable to $US1
    Invested in gold, a sum of money like that would probably buy over 2000 ozs at the time he sold his property.
    Fifteen years down the track, gripped by hyper-inflation, $750,000 Zimbabwean dollars wouldn't even buy you a quarter cup of coffee.
    I was expecting a more robust argument from a retired teacher, not just "hyperinflation wouldn't happen in Australia". :rolleyes:
    Looks like she's going to take her chances with her allocated pension.

6. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A big thank you to all the white knights rushing in to defend Yippee but he really doesn't need it!

Not seen any posts from Yippee recently but for the newcomers to the forum who might be puzzled about why people are attacking him...Yippee enjoyed trolling and making outrageous statements, he isn't some poor put upon member who made just one prediction that hasn't come true, he said things to provoke a reaction and it usually worked.

He deserves all the good natured abuse that is coming his way and hopefully he will be at the next Brisbane stackers meeting so we can further discuss his predictions.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

The best arguement is from the horse's mouth I think :

8. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

I may as well make a CALL now... silver will NEVER dip below $28. Ever!! If it ever did (but it won't), I'll be forced to eat some of that delicious strawberry tart made by the french baker down the road. Strawberry tart served with chocolate ice-cream.

9. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

buzz the humble pie. what is the price? :lol: so who can feed our Yippee. :)

10. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

The Pie isn't cooked yet! I hope that this post does not deter SS members making predictions one way or another...

The only prediction you can't make Is I am not always right but I am never wrong.

My only prediction is that fiat currency will collapse and if I'm right then I will be thankful that I own silver and not pieces of toilet paper or an electronic number in a bank.

If I'm wrong, then I suppose that my wealth in fiat will be greatly reduced!

Place your bets and ride it to the end just like the banksters do.

To be a true silver stacker you must listen to all but trust your own assessment.

Even Stellar Concepts who made a very good call when silver was pushing $50, has in the current market started to buy once more when he had previously stated that he though it would go below $20. Do I still take notice of what he predicts? you bettcha! Why? Because he told us and he warned us but here on SS at the time we were on cloud 9, counting our fiat money before the dealing was done.

I will keep stacking silver because I know time will prove me right.

Regards Errol 43

11. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Humble pie usually has a caramel based filling, mixed with caramelised pecan nuts, served with whipped cream. Gee, its going to be awful for Yippee. Hopefully he'll invite a few of us around so that we can assist him in eating it :D

[​IMG]

12. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Was Yippie the one that kept saying "savvy" all the time?

13. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Yes. SAAAAAAAAVIEEEEEE?

Anyway I don't recall YKY saying you can never buy kg bars under $1000 again. He said many things but don't think this was one of them.

14. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Yeah, he did.

http://forums.silverstackers.com/message-121347.html#p121347

15. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Thing that sticks in my mind the most is that post of an Italian soccer team and someone circled your relative in the crowd rbaggio. Now that was funny!! Do you have that image? And back on topic silver to da moon!! :lol:

16. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Ha yeah I remember it, don't remember where it was. Pretty sure hiho was involved!

17. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

so i've just logged on here for the first time in at least two months...
    i have to admit that i'm truly humbled by all the attention ;)

yes - time has shown me up to be wrong on this one statement I made.

I'm just curious though - how much silver will it take currently to purchase the average family home on the Gold Coast? (or in any other large/capital city in Australia).
    Is it much more silver than it took say 3 or 4 years ago? Or does it require less silver??

THIS is the way in which I believe that gold/silver bullion should be valued... (because i'm secretly a property lover :lol: )

18. malachii

malachii Well-Known Member

Well according to the latest spreadsheet on this http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-5157-assets-and-consumables-in-ounces-page-4.html It costs 1000 ozs more silver to buy a house in melbourne now than in Dec 2010!

malachii

19. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

ah okay... i just had a look.

in Jan 2011 it cost 21 305 ounces
    and in May 2012 it cost 22 235 ounces

so you're technically correct.

Call me stubborn, but i dont believe in the longegevity of the current silver price. It could be this depressed perhaps for another year or two perhaps but i certainly do believe that the price will do more than recover...

In fact I'm holding on to my silver for the day when i can pick up an average home for around 1000 ounces of silver. I dont believe that is too long into the future either. Certainly i'll be around to enjoy that

20. Cinvalo

Cinvalo Member

I dont think Yippee Ki Yay eat humble pie. silver's next boom is going to experience 'no slowdown' like it did in 2011, potentially making a lot of people very wealthy.