When SHTF

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by footycard, Apr 27, 2012.

1. footycard

footycard New Member

I have always thought about a game plan if ever SHTF, say like a natural disaster of some sort.
    aside from collecting cards and now a junior stacker, my main interests are growing organic fruit n veg'.
    Ultimately I will move out of the city and onto a farm and try and live a semi self sufficient kind of lifestyle.

if SHTF I have always thought that being in a self sufficient situation, I would be the target of the not, the ones that never prepared,
    probably most people left alive.
    if I have a field of pumpkins, and everyone else doesn't, you can bet that they will be jumping the fence in order to feed their family,
    but I will still need to feed my family, I don't have a gun, against the law, so basically I got no chance of defending my pumpkin patch.
    they will take the lot.

I'm thinking could this be the same if I was to have silver when everyone else is poor and using banknotes as fire starters.
    it will be plainly obvious I have silver if I'm walking out of the meat works with the side of lamb and the butchers daughter on special for a 1/2oz panda. I'd have to throw 'em in the back of the ute and take off like a bat outta hell.

speaking of cars, having worked for an armoured van service, that will be the first place I will go, to an armoured van depot,
    find the keys and take a van! it should be on everyone's list, then you can ram through the nearest gun shop and clean it out,
    then hit your favorite coin dealer and take that coin he's been teasing you with for so long, infact, add your own premium and take everything!

Next day i'd be looking at camping stores and army disposals for survival stuff, good boots and steel ammunition boxes for the silver, then hit the supermarkets and take all the bottled water, canned food, tim tams and cigarettes, don't forget the pet stores, at least let the animals out of their cages!

third day hit the chemists, take everything medicinal, tobacco stores as smokes will be good trade bait down the track, alcohol ect.
    keep ramming through gun shops as it's better you have them then some nutcase.
    networking, you couldn't do it all yourself so form a trusted network, set up a base, preferably a industrial site like a cold store, many have large underground cool rooms, depending on the disaster, but if it was a nuke then you want to be away from fallout for a while and it would be deep enough to be sealed from satelight view if you were being pursued.

keep stacking, the yanks are coming, law and order will be restored, cities will be rebuilt, maybe not adelaide, they'll just move them back to tasmania, but things will come back, you survived, you hand back the guns, the baked beans and start afresh, maybe buy a town, change the name, erect a .999 silver statue of yourself in the main street and enjoy.

2. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Your drinking the same scotch i am only more!

3. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

:lol:

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Many people aren't thieves so would not do as you'd suggest. Many people would kill thieves.

I'm no thief.

5. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

This thread should be in general discussion (which is now closed).

What's this got to do with "precious metals discussion" ??

6. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

Kool! looks like ya got most things covered, good idea taking a break between rammin gun shops and camping stores, only so much you can do in a day, but you might risk having other well prepared guys like yourself beating you to the loot! the last thing you want is a stand off in a gunshop!get there first and you're in charge! don't forget to grab a flamethrower, cause zombies can take a heap of bullets but a blast from a flamethrower and there toast! and keep a close eye on that garden! you can't live on pumpkins so grow other stuff as well. but remember vegie patches can be dangerous, i tripped in mine and squashed my collies.

7. DanDee

And a beret! you'll need a beret, most colours will do, except beige.

8. QLDSILVER

QLDSILVER Member

Just wait and watch someone whos just accomplished everything youve stated........shopping trolley.....use your brain.

9. Nedsnotdead

Nedsnotdead Active Member Silver Stacker

I think you should just keep it simple champ. Stick to growing the pumpkins and see how that goes. You are getting a bit ahead of yourself.
    I take it you might live on the gold coast currently?

10. silversardine

silversardine Member

Actually there is a very long thread on this in the defunct GD - archives I guess.

11. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

12. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

:p Does this mean it will be undefuncted??????

13. silversardine

silversardine Member

Don't like the chances.....I thought it could still be accessed to search and read.

14. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Based on what happened in the one thread moved out to retain somewhere to keep a GD thread going, it's not coming back.

15. Gold Kiwi

Gold Kiwi New Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for the LOLs footycard.

16. Rinchin

Rinchin New Member

Beauty... WHEN.

I disagree on a couple of points.

Armoured van = wonderful rampaging around the city but not so practical in the country, get a hilux

who wants to live in the city with the feral hordes of losers just itching to mug you for your shoes before the s even gets near the f.

smokes, guns etc yip yip. but I am more interested in growing my own tobacco = income stream. I shall pay my workers in silver, tobacco and home made liquor. Arm them to the hilt and they can guard the pumpkins while they're at it. (maybe something better tasting)

Yanks are coming? I assume the second wave of s hits the f, not exactly order restored? I'm not too keen on the order they restore when they send their military in.

Home made weapons might also be a go. I'm thinking firing frozen onions from a potato cannon for a good start.

17. Ag-ness

Ag-ness Member

Sounds like someone who has read an article about SHTF on the interwebs... but only one, and only once.

18. DanDee

frozen onions are a different calibre, you need a purpose built custom job. I call mine " The Onionator"

19. Au-mageddon

Au-mageddon Active Member

20. Dogmatix

Dogmatix Active Member

If you choose to abandon a moral compass when SHTF, by stealing guns and coins, then don't be surprised if you become the victim of some with even less morals than yourself.

I'm surprised that anyone agrees with you on here - and ashamed that USA-styled immorality has spread this far into Australia.