When and how did YOU discover silver?? Share your stories!

Discussion in 'Silver' started by lynsilverbullion, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Silverbullet08

Silverbullet08 New Member

hahaha i wouldnt have a clue... but im guessing u need a few industrial loaders and alot of secrurity lol
    400k at those prices :-\ good on him i said... a true stacker hahahaha

in saying that, another good mate, has 14 properties and 250k of silver.... wish i was a high end stacker lol :lol:

2. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

capitalism at its best .

3. fosinator

fosinator Member

My mate showed me maloneys video in November 08 (i think) and I thought very interesting, I must get some. Unfortunately I never actually did anything till feb last year,kicking myself now but at least I've started. It was about to tip over $30 so I grabbed a couple of hundy oz Perth mint bars then watched it move up fast. I knew it was gonna drop so wasnt disheartened when it did(and while it still is) Adding slowly but surely. It's a pity when friends switch off when you try to enlighten them.

4. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

I was a member of message board related to hi-tech company I was following for 4 years when one of the members brought my attention to silver. It was August 2010 when silver was around $18. I was very skeptical and didn't buy my 1 oz of silver till October that year after doing some research. I was accumulating pretty fast up until March 2011. Then I was too busy escaping the disaster and both had no time to buy and had no time to sell for almost half a year (I wanted to sell some commemoratives at the level). I started again late September last year, added some gold to my purchasing habit. Since then buying, buying, buying ...

5. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

How did I discover silver?

I was thinking to myself in 2008/9 I really should start to invest.
    I had been listening to Financial Sense News hour for about a year
    And Dave Morgan sold me on silver as an investment.

6. Rad Dood

Rad Dood Member

My thoughts are much the same as all above posts. PMs being such a real tangible asset.
    Still trying to imagine what a million dollars worth of binary code feels like in the hand,not as cool as a couple of kilos of Silver that's for sure.

7. JoelAG

JoelAG New Member

Hey all! Joel from the USA here (please be gentle) and I'm new to Silver Stackers and stacking in general.

I found silver last year when I accidentally stumbled across the Discover Australia 2011 Dreaming Great White Shark. Just a stunning coin and I was not (and am not) a coin collector, so I was curious as to that the cost. That got me looking at silver and gold and trying to make sense of the charts. :) Since then I bought a few rounds here and there, when I thought the price was good ($40) and just kind of watched and paid attention. The drop came in September, had a baby in November and disgruntled and overwhelmed, I missed the January buying opportunity.

A few days ago, I found Silver Stackers (while frantically looking for information on what was going on with the white metal) and was impressed with the buy now, buy later attitude. I am looking at the long term (15 years) so it was reassuring to see some say that tho I bought at 40, some buys at 27 and 30 and 35 will balance all that out.

Plus, you guys seem so darn nice, despite your differing opinions.

So I never bought the Shark coin (tho I am still tempted) but now have started my own stack.

Hiya!

Joel

8. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Welcome JoelAG..Your right! A great site and great members. Best of luck with your baby..Remember to buy him/her a silver coin. Something they will treasure for a life time.

Regards Errol 43

9. JoelAG

JoelAG New Member

Errol 43, thank you!

He got 1, 2011 Silver Eagle for being born (Daddy got 10) and (will get) 2, 2012 Silver Eagles for his birthday. I play to keep that up, years old +1 of the current year until he goes to college. If silver hits $1000 an ounce by then, I should be able to afford a trade school that teaches ditch digging :)

10. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A few silver coins in my bugout kit seemed a great idea at first. But not now that I have a couple of wheelbarrows worth. Nothing but problems now.

Where do I fit all my bugout "life saving necessities" with silver taking up all available space???!!!

How do I push two wheelbarrows at the same time?

How do I hide my silver when pushing my wheelbarrow full down the road (forgetting the second barrow for the moment)?

With Silver so cheap, I've started filling a third barrow but havent yet figured out how to push the second one at the same time as the first, let alone the third.

:( I thought this survivalism gig was easy!

11. wa22a87

wa22a87 Member

Hello everyone

I think my discovery of silver is quite amusing.

So, here it goes.. I work for a company that builds, moves and installs Modular buildings, you know the ones of backs of trucks, classrooms, portable buildings, site sheds ETC.. So there I was, working away at a primary school splitting this complex that had a deck on the front of it. Remove the deck first so we can crane the rest of it out. Easy done.

The good thing about decks is that all the kids loose their lunch money down the gaps. Looking through all the debris for loose change, found a few dollars here and there (for the 6-pack on the way home). All good fun when I see this large silver coin. One of the other blokes sees it and we both pretty much dive for it, but he was too slow, so I got it. Picked it up and here is an EF-AUNC 1937 Crown.. WINNING! Some little kid has brought it in for show and tell and lost it down the gap...

So on ebay i go, to see how much its worth $40-$80 at the time. Meh, nothing massive. Took it home, wash the dirt and stuff off it, (dont worry, i didn't "clean it" just tidied it up and in the coin collection it went. So i tell some friends about it and find out one of my best mates has been stacking silver for almost 18months, so he tells me all about it, i do some research and within a few weeks, I buy 60oz of various weights from BullionBurse.

Ive been slowly stacking since then, hopefully it will buy me a house someday..

12. Fykus

Fykus Member Silver Stacker

hahaha poor kid, i bet his parents werent happy when he didnt bring it home. :p