The global economic collapse still hasn't happened...

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Aug 14, 2016.

1. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

^ definitely a CPC sock puppet.

129 Chinese companies? LMAO, they're mostly all owned by the same people - The State, and the majority are controlled by the same people - SASAC. 129 different company names maybe, but not 129 independent companies.

Lol at the banks too, over $13trillion in "assets". And by "assets" does it really mean leveraged liabilities? $13 trillion in "assets" like unused airports, empty shopping malls, giant statues, over 6billion square meters of empty floor space, highways to nowhere, zombie corporations, ghost cities. "Assets" obviously means something different in China. :D

Screen Shot 2019-10-11 at 8.56.10 pm.png

2. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The stock market is really unreal, or is it the effect of passive investment? Incidentally, the s&p today is higher than a year ago when the economy was much better!

Totally nuts!

3. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

I've read Jim Rogers' "A Bull In China" book and loved his expertise. Great knowledge and experience.

But, I maintain my opinion: Jim Rogers keeps repeating himself and he doesn't seem to keep pace with what happened in the past 3-5 years. It might be age-related or just lack of documentation. However, I do appreciate him.

Yes, he lives in Singapore. I adored Singapore (was lucky enough to have visited it several times on business). I can see why he's living there and not in mainland China. He would get shut down very fast in China if he's open his mouth too wide. :p

sgbuyer likes this.
  4. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Jim Rogers knows China very well, better than any one of us here. If he is going to North Korea and Russia, it means it is time to move on.

Singapore is the best place in Asia to bring up kids.

5. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

very similar to situation in Syria, US had abandoned the city in a hurry. they overstayed there with minimum resources for too long. now they are gone....the oil link to the usd is fading. as OPEC + no longer need to deal in usd. with just one mortal landed in front of their way....Syrian Arab Army is everywhere north of the Euphrates ...we can face a very sudden situation in usd trades...will be no longer wanted
    yesterday they were there, today not anymore.