Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Aug 14, 2016.
^ yawn, its been "coming" for 20 years
But it feels like it's a heck-of-a-lot closer now!
What's creepy and gives me goose bumps is that:
1. now mainstream news is talking about it
2. the "madness" concentration in the world has hit 70 % (it's been growing since around 2000-2001, especially since the 911 events)
3. the trends and events in the world show "small" collapses happening here and there: Europe's migrant crisis, the Venezuelan economy's collapse, the Greek crisis etc.
4. watch food prices: they're rising
5. global industrial slowdown: China, Germany etc.
6. trade wars
7. even more national banks are buying and repatriating gold (it's been an accelerating trend since around 2012, 2013)
8. the "Detroit syndrome" is spreading - more and more cities turn to slums and/or the slums are spreading: USA, Brazil, Chile, France, Germany, Austria - the big cities are decaying (also due to the decreasing industrial production, automatization of processes, decreasing population in the West)
9. dramatic rise of crime and violence around the world (Italy, Spain, Germany, Austria)
10. the world is slowly shifting to a multipolar world: the rise of China, re-emergence of Russia (more modestly, this is not the Soviet Union, remember), the rise of Turkey
11. watch what you're eating: more artificial content, more soy, more sugar, more condiments, less REAL FOOD
12. real estate bubbles have been increasing around the world - they will pop! (new home prices in Hungary have doubled in only 4-5 years)
13. decomposing world: EU is cracking (Brexit, initially Greece was about to leave), perhaps Nato as well (problems regarding Turkey)?
14. countless countries are rearming: arms race (this worries me a lot)
15. low interest rates and negative interest rates (in Europe it barely makes sense to keep your money at the bank): you pay to keep the banks alive
16. more ordinary people are saying they "heard" that another crisis is coming (because nowadays mainstream media is literally "promoting" the crisis), so the awareness is becoming general
17. trends point towards cashlessness (Sweden, India and Israel are among the top anti-cash societies)
18. businesses going bankrupt all around
19. the recent rise of gold is signaling something (tremendous rise in years): NEW BULL MARKET!
20. joblessness rising: USA, Europe (while the EU is letting millions of migrants in - most of whom will live on wellfare/on the wallets of Europeans)
21. food quality is poorer (I don't think it's just me, but groceries, fruits all look worse, are tasteless - worse than 10 years ago)
22. the RV industry crash signals a lot: richer people used to buy RV's (now I see RV's at 30-40 % of the "normal" price), this will happen to many other industries (as far as I know, there is declining interest towards the latest iPhones)
23. fuel and energy costs are rising (I'm experiencing this on my own skin)
24. credit bubbles: not just the major banks, but people themselves/families are over-borrowing
25. some countries are taxing the pensions
26. overfishing: watch documentaries (YouTube is full with documentaries about overfishing in Greece, around China and other Asian countries)
27. ecology is being used as a pretext for overtaxation: you'll have to pay if your car pollutes more (some EU cities are banning or taxing diesel cars), many EU countries put taxes on plastic bags (obviously that doesn't help clean up) - it has nothing to do with nature, just greed for more money
28. there is no positive direction for the world: almost no-one is focusing on "good relations" or "peace", they're all at each other's throat
29. the world is more dangerous for travel: try to find a peaceful region on the map or a peaceful/safe country for a vacation: you can, but it's a lot harder than even 5 years ago! (more dangerous than before: Mexico, Spain, France, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Austria, Belgium, the USA, Sri Lanka, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey, Greece, Ukraine, Hong Kong, the UK, South Africa, Brazil, Argentina...) - you can still go to New Zealand, Hungary, Poland, Japan... I don't really know where else.... Russia? It's probably much safer than the US!
30. dictatorial atmosphere: censorship, forced alliances (watch the EU: they can't stand each other, but they're somehow forced together in a constraint-driven Soviet-union-like "alliance") and false accusations spread all around - the "iron fist" mentality: don't dare to have a different opinion, don't even dare to be yourself...
...the list could go to 100 easily
"What's creepy and gives me goose bumps"
Can I Have a guess?
Is that Joe Biden?
All can easily be explained in a single sentence.
Welcome to globalisation.
Doesn't at least part of this video sound like what we've been discussing on SilverStackers?
It was shown in Batman years ago...
Panic In Emerging Markets! 7 Signs Of The Imminent Economic Collapse 2019 Stock Market CRASH!
Post number 2 for the whingers.
Just came across that video today, before you posted it.
It's odd how most people seem to just "keep going" and they're clueless. Despite mainstream media spreading the news.
Now "mainstream economists" are stepping up and talk about collapse.
It's odd that REAL economists who have been talking about collapse for years (e.g. Peter Schiff) were laughed at and pushed away.
I'd love to see Ben Bernanke or Janet Yellen now Powell is fading in the background... but the Yellen and Bernanke could be great actors.
Yellen: "the simple message is... the economy is doing well"
Still hasn't happened? WOW, Gerald Celente says "it's coming, buy gold (or something like that).
sounds good to me, & don't forget the silver.
Gerald Celente - Greatest Depression Worse than Great Depression. with Greg hunter. 36 mins.
they should deeply investigate about a hunter in Ukraine and roast him with green pepper, use Russian gas to do that
Dutch MPs Call For Investigation Of Ukraine’s Role In MH17 Tragedy
AMSTERDAM – The Dutch Second Chamber intends to launch an in-depth investigation into Ukraine’s involvement in the MH17 crash that crashed in Donbass in 2014, reports NOS.
According to the portal, Dutch MPs demanded that the government find out why the Ukrainian authorities did not close airspace over the region. The initiative was supported by eight political groups.
However, Dutch Foreign Minister Stef Blok said he saw no “legal basis” for conducting an investigation. According to the FM, the difficulty is that this will require “cooperation not only from Ukraine, but also from Russia”.
The scariest thing that Celente keeps repeating is: "guns, gold and a getaway plan".
I don't know if it's really going to get bad. I hope not.
I think it's always good to live peacefully in a stable community. Perhaps Europe is safer, but the in the US it surely looks like things are slipping out of control.
His Gold, Guns and a Getaway Plan was first quoted around 2009 from memory, so I don't think it's super urgent, though it's a great slogan. Gerald cranks up some beauties. Another one I like is 'when people have nothing left to lose, they lose it'.
I really like Gerald Celente but his predictions past a one month timescale are like everyone else. Dart throwing.
Celente is in the Schiff, John Williams camp and the “doomsday predictions sell” type of analysts. Like Schiff, he is a good orator. 2010 he predicted a financial collapse (this is when I first started tracking his predictions); https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEjhz8cTNUw 2011 Collapse: It’s Coming! Are You Ready? http://archive.lewrockwell.com/celente/celente71.1.html Dire Predictions For 2012 http://disinfo.com/2011/12/gerald-celentes-dire-predictions-for-2012/ Gerald Celente on 2013, Gold and Silver and WW III http://usawatchdog.com/2013-more-of-the-same-but-worse-gerald-celente/ 2014 he predicted a financial collapse; 2015 The Great Panic Of 2015 Is Now On http://kingworldnews.com/gerald-celente-great-panic-2015-now/ 2016 “The Panic of 2016 Has Begun”
Im just gonna come out and say it.
Celente, Schiffe, Williams et al...all knob heads making money off spruiking GUESSES that are more often wrong by a large margin than right .
Take what they say not with not just a grain of salt but a handful.
If you follow what they say religiously well then I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.
The worry is the sheep who take their investment advice from these spruikers.
The absolute winner in this hocus pocus of stabs in the dark would be "Mr Gold" Jim Sinclair who, after calling the top in the last bull run was running his mouth after 2008 telling all and sundry that the system was about to collapse, and using his reputation to hold seminars explaining how to go to cash and gold and "real" assets. Many took his advice "get out of 401k, pay early exit penalties etc". Ensuring that those poor people not only paid out savings but also lost out on the massive stocks run of the last 10 years.
This Chicken Little approach to economic theory and predictions hurts real people.
A fool and their money are soon parted Julie
also the uneducated are soon parted from their money!
Fixed it for you.
In this day and age with so much QUALITY & VERIFIABLE information readily at hand only a fool remains uneducated.
US stocks are a bubble but people play stocks knowing that there are risks and it is possible to lose all your capital. It's like cryptos, all buyers know they can lose it all or go to the moon. There's no false hopes. If it crashes, you can blame no one except for bad luck/bad judgement.
This is not the case of the Asian property bubble (scam) where people expect the price to only go up. When the scam ends, the fallout is nothing that we can even imagine at this point of time. HK is just the tip of the iceberg.
Separate names with a comma.