Substantial rise in silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by evansr33, Jan 22, 2012.

1. phillis

phillis Member

2. No1joey

No1joey Member Silver Stacker

3. Ag

Ag Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Perhaps for 2011 but not for other years. Rather hold a ticking time bomb then banks shares. Same basic end result but you atleast know when the bomb will go off. Silver was out preformed by multiple investments for 2011 - actually anything which was red beat it , but most silver miners out preformed the Banks considerably,AYN for example

Sorry Ponzi but Bank shares would have to be the highest risk to be holding currently - being the continued toxic 2008 international CDO exposure and bubbling local Real Estate ready to pop. Are you hoping the Gubberment will throw the life line to the banks like in the US?

You must be Russian and enjoy roulette?

4. Kawa

Kawa New Member

Westpac at the moment has an 8% yield.Depending on your tax rate the additional benefit of the fully franked dividend ( of which they are) effectively yields nearly 10 %.

I too hate the banks however one way to get revenge is own a bit of them.

There are smaller banks like Wide Bay Bank based out of Bundaberg that are listed and will likely be take over targets soon as was the Rock Building Society that was recently taken over by MyState from Tasmania.

That play yielded a 50% increases on the Rock price after the announcement overnight.

The Bank stocks are sensational buying and should be part of any good portfolio IMO.

5. OneGoldKiwi

OneGoldKiwi New Member

Might be for now, but something doesn't look right....Gold seems to have lead feet and hasn't broken out as yet and has some strong resistance on its head as well....Silver could be a false break out.

Then again technical is just technical and at the moment manipulation seems rules the markets more!!

6. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Silver is trying to claw back at the GSR :)

7. BlackSheep

BlackSheep Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The GSR is well worth keeping an eye on IMHO - will be interesting to see just how low we go on this leg of the journey :)

Platinum has been performing like a champ as well!

8. No1joey

No1joey Member Silver Stacker

1:10 within next decade 'bet ya

9. pmbug

pmbug Active Member

10. samboyellowsub

samboyellowsub Member

11. JayStacks

JayStacks New Member

Well thankfully I can survive without selling and i'll hold on just incase it does take off, thanks for the offer I know where to go to shed my stack. My strategy was and still is long term but I'm just disappointed, thats all. :/

12. Recalcitrant

Recalcitrant New Member

This has been the single most stupid choice of my life. I need the $$ now or my family goes without a home. I'll never risk anything again , I'm almost at the end of my tether :(

13. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

Rule number one- don't believe everything you hear, especially if someone is promising you the world. Whether it's bank shares, gold, or a business venture. Those who are rich are often extremely savvy. The ones who are richest have exploited people. Ask yourself who you want to be. This is not a question of making a dumb decision. It's a question of making a dumb decision based on greed eventually at the expense of others.

If silver and gold skyrocket at some point, I think as an empathetic living being, you should take the time to think of all of those who will be suffering as a result. Many people will lose homes, be without food and struggle paying the power bills...

Let's not just focus on our own greed. The dalai lama says once you reject your self cherishing ignorance, you will be free to assist others and pursue lasting happiness. Volunteers are the happiest people in the workforce.

Just my two cents

14. DanDee

DanDee Active Member Silver Stacker

What has?

15. Au-mageddon

Au-mageddon Active Member

After hitting 30.20 and 1579 last night (ugggh) .. both metals have shot up nicely overnight !!

silver 31.45
    gold 1615

i think mr market has been teasing us .. trying to see if they can scare us enough to get a few coins on the cheap.

PS Sorry to hear your having a hard time Recalcitrant - hopefully things will start to look up soon. At least if you need to shed some of your stack .. you know that you will get fair prices here.

16. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Judging by his trade dates, he bought in April 2011 when Silver was in a bubble.

And looking at his comment, looks as though he poured in money that he couldn't afford to lose.

17. overdraft3

overdraft3 New Member

Weird tempting spontainious thoughts to sell the house in the last coupler weeks have been percolating in my mind ... Pt looks intuitively sweet.

18. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

Hey sorry to hear that, maybe you could sell some and keep some , eventually I think the price should go up at least to what you paid . What kind of coins or bars did you get anyway? Hang in there!

19. Silverbullet08

Silverbullet08 New Member

Agreed!... I dont know bout any others here.... but with youth still on my side, im looking only at long term investing in silver, so all these small brackets of $50, $70, ect dont phase me too much.
    I plan to buy proberly up2 $150-$200 per oz. .... and sell around $500.... and thats if i need the money. Silver 1 day will do what gold has done... even if it takes a decade or 2.

20. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You didn't risk anything. Sounds like you just misjudged your affordable allocation and timeframe.