Stellaconcepts sold his investment portion of silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by heartastack, Apr 27, 2011.

1. hennypenny

hennypenny New Member

oh dear, i don't get it, mr bob chapman put "world government" and "planned collapse" in the same paragraph.

listen dudes/dudettes, conspiracy theories offer the comfort that somebody somewhere knows what they're doing but elites have no interest in a world goverment.

aside from the fact they'd have to cooperate with each other rather than compete (and competing is of course what alpha chimps do best), why go from being huge fish in a pretty big pond to being a pretty big fish in huge pond?

and as for a planned collapse, why the hell take the risk of collapsing a system you're already an elite in?! elites might be short-sighted but they aren't that stupid.

my major concern with investing in silver has been the number of fellow travellers who have the ethics as your average bankster but don't seem bright enough to make it with grownups. (uh huh, the USA's financial problems will be solved if there's a republican in the white house, more tax cuts and less health care...?)

cheers.

p.s. i didn't sell my silver in the recent spike but expect, unlike Tim Foyle-Hatt et al, to successfully dump it before it collapses (touch stack).

2. Load of Bullion

Load of Bullion Well-Known Member

I'm sure John has suitable plans for the fiat. The money is probably invested elsewhere now. Perhaps 'an ideal house' is for sale that takes his and his wife's fancy. It is not my business though and I don't really care. He made a profit that he is happy with, and still maintains a "core position" in silver.

Once some of the punters here quadruple their silver against fiat, maybe they will sell some silver too?.

For those whom are waiting for silver to reach $500 or $1000 dollars an oz.........sure..........but what will it buy when the time comes. Where will other prices be. Those prices could be 15 years away from now.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

What ? Never seen one tribe or country cooperate to take out the neighbours ? If you can profit from a planned collapse and already exist in a world that pay's no heed to an existant government maybe even have god forbid a financial stake or control in "government" (see Soros' contributions to Obama's election fund) where is the harm or negative gain to you?

The point you seem to be missing is that those with a vested interest already have all the money they could ever use, it's not the money Dude, it's the power. (and not the kind produce by Coal).

It's not about dollars for them it's about dictating how we live and exist along the lines of their belief system, Think Hitler or Stalin was interested in the Money Dude?

4. Skyblues

Skyblues Member

not sure what the big fuss is all about, one sells another buys, in a bull market this occurs even more so as it is hard for people to hold on to the horns of the bull...good on him if he can put the fiat in a good investment, jump starting spotmex would be worth it all...He must have felt the need to focus on his cash flow asset...However, it needs to be underlined that him selling does not mean anything...

I agree that in the next 3 months there will be a pull back, but he will be proved horribly wrong in saying that there will be a downtrend afterwards...I would rather listen to and take the advise of Chapman, Faber and Rogers over anyone including Maloney and Schiff...

5. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

A WHOLE LOT OF REAL ESTATE ...

6. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Maloney and Schiff are on the money. They, along with Chapman and Faber .... are all contrarian and of the Austrian school of econonomics (the only true economics) and are in agreement for the most part

7. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

Because they have been the Elite since at least the end of WWII - and its not enough for them

why be Elite if you can be Pharaoh

8. PerthStack

PerthStack Member

Reading some of the comments on Stellas video and some on here regarding his sale, I can guarantee that a lot of stackers will go broke investing in silver.
    Stella has probably made 2-300% on his investment in a couple of years and then realised his profits, yet some think he is crazy.
    At the end of the day, investments need to be bought and sold without emotion.

9. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

If "going broke" includes swapping out silver for the most amount of real estate possible then yes - a lot of people here will be "going broke"...

Controlling assets of tangible value - such as real estate and businesses - to my mind is what it means to be wealthy. Both these types of assets will continue to get cheaper relative to silver.

Selling out large chunks of silver at this juncture would only undermine the goal of obtaining the biggest chunk of the above mentioned asset classes UNLESS one could obtain more silver down the line with the same amount of fiat - which i think is a very risky strategy and highly unlikely.

10. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

TF is a good read and seems to call things pretty well though I've never bothered trying to trade in and out. I read him often these days. Hope he doesn't spend too much on his website.

David Morgan has sold his speculative positions as well.

11. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

I don't believe John has claimed to make 2-300% on his investment in a couple of years and his trading record the last year would not seem to support that claim. I am sure he has done well, but I don't think too many people made over 100% in 2010. And 2009 would need to be averaged with 2008 to get a true investment claim. We should all do well in pms, but I haven't seen any of the gentlemen who have web sites or make videos retire. I am not a trader, but I follow the short term guys to get an idea of when to time the investment of client funds. And Turd Ferguson definitely has the hot hand in calling pm price movements.

12. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

13. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

Don't stress people. He expects a pull back and has therefore sold a percentage and wants to 'get back in' at 27-33. Although I doubt it'll drop that low who knows. Steady drop the next few months would have me very very happy and a very very determined buyer.

14. intelligencer

intelligencer Active Member

Yes the numbers are slippery. Lots of revisions etc.

I know he once told me he had around 4000 ounces around 9 months ago before he sold that part at around $23. He was hoping to re-enter at $21.50 and never could.

So if that was 15% it was around 600 ounces he offloaded.

Now he offloads another 72 Kg or around 2300 ounces.

He's got about 1100 left according to my estimates. A nice core I guess.

15. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I somewhat support your view HP but a conspiracy of self interest is all that's needed. I don't see a bunch of fat old lizard featured kingpins sitting around planning the world but I can easily see a bunch of alpha chimps seeing their self-entitlement and power assured in certain circumstances. After all it's only about power and the golden rule is - got the gold so I make the rules.

Alpha chimp to OverLord is a short trip for some of these types and if you've ever mixed with some of these coked up excuses for humans you'll see that their self-interest is without morality and that's all that is required of them. At least the real elite has some noblesse oblige, the current crop of pretenders are best thrown into landfill.

16. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

I was thinking about this potential pullback actually. One of the reasons Silver is doing well now is the weakness in the US Dollar. A pullback means the dollar strengthens which will negate some of the losses in silver in Aussie dollars. How much by is the question, because if you sell, ideally you want the most severe drop possible. It seems likely it will be worse in US dollars than AUD but by how much? One of the reasons why I'm currently looking at this long and hard. That is, I'm thinking long and hard whether I should drop some of my position or not.

17. white-metal-man

white-metal-man Member

what john does is john's business.....only he can make that call!
    seems too many people still rely solely on john to help them make their own calls..................his information is interesting, informative etc....but dont rlet that rule your life.....you will be disappointed
    -good on ya john!!!! .....if it works for you buddy - good on ya!

18. bsides

bsides Active Member Silver Stacker

all these fancy silver spruikers selling their stashes is very bullish.

i'm guessing no big pullback, just onward and upward to $100 for now. if you're not in, you're not in.

[edit for spelling]

19. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You are one of the smartest people here! :)

20. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker