Stellaconcepts sold his investment portion of silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by heartastack, Apr 27, 2011.

1. kilo

kilo Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The farm is going very well thats why the bus driver can divest a proportion of the farm and diversify.
    This thread is here because a member sold a bit of silver and shared his descison to do so.

2. stellaconcepts

stellaconcepts New Member

What a winning idea!

3. Slam

Slam Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for the wise hint,

I have been assessing the market for the last 6 months, I research and assess all news daily. For each days up and down, I look for the news and apply logical reasoning to mirror these moves.

So far all the ups and downs are explained, I have no reason to freak out. I believe there is more upside to go. I do have an exit plan in place and will be taking profits to fund other things (that I deem worthwhile) in the near future.

The point is everyone has different goals and may take more or less risk as deemed necessary. Theres no right or wrong, do your research and make your own decisions.

I appreciate John's insight and his move to take profits. I respect this and I wish him all the best. Good luck to buyers, sellers. We live in interesting times, these are historic times. We will all look back one day and tell these stories to our grand kids.

Slam

4. atsaki

atsaki New Member

"Bob Chapman - Wont ever call the top"

Hahaha...

5. kram

kram New Member

Congrats John.

Profit secured

6. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

Yep, along with stories about the biggest property boom, sharemarket boom etc etc.

It's just another cycle to me.

C

7. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

well said

8. Slam

Slam Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It will be another cycle, if the current USD / AUD and all fiat currencies survive for the next 30-50 years.

This is what I mean by historic, no one knows for sure whats going to happen. It may just be another cycle and we ride the current PM bull and make a truck load of extra fiat. Or it could be one of the biggest transfers of wealth in history if governments are forced to go back onto a sound monetary system that involves physical PMs.

This is why its historic in my opinion, we are in uncharted waters.

We need to see how the following plays out:

- Is the USD an asset where people seek safety?

- Will the EURO survive with the sovereign debt issues in PIIGS?

- What is China planning? Surely they have a few things they are working towards. I find that everything they do is very strategic. They have learnt from history. It doesn't surprise me they are executing plans that may be been drafted up 20-30 years ago. Obviously they plan way ahead and dynamically adjust as needed. They have think tanks that will ride this through. They know the situation in the US and the world, they have been preparing. Lets see what trump cards they have up their sleeves. You only just need to look at the national railway network they are building. Here in Sydney, we can't even get a train line happening to Castle Hill.

Slam

9. trader10

trader10 Member

Hi John,

IMHO, there is never the right time.....but there is the signal time....or times....

Fundamentals, technicals, gut feeling, and all the guff.....

Yeap, I also agree with you that most of their great team will not get right but surely will take some decent profit.....

The most interesting thing IMHO is that it never repeats at the same way or rate.... and boy we've got a bag of goodies here !

- Fiat printed money like never seen before( and not from only 1 country but from many)

- The power of people that has never been so influencial as now (thanks in part to the internet era)

- Great minds and eye openers like Bill Still, Ron Paul, Alan Grayson, Elizabeth Warren and so many others.....

- Individualists and interesting investors like the ones mentioned by me and you before.....

Yes, its all makes so much more interesting..... the possibilities.... the possibilities.....

Nothing is certain in life that's for sure mate.....

I'm not looking to take profits at the top of a market because it never ever works IMHO..... it's only a lucky charm for us smaller investors..... Big investors make the moves and trigger the sell offs always..... It doesn't mean that it will be a crash thou....but a signal to be taken in consideration IMHO ;)

So, I'm looking for a combination here...... big player moves, fundamentals, technicals, gut feeling and all the sort.....

The most important thing is take profits ALWAYS......no matter how small they are....

Anyway, hope you are doing well mate and using those funds for a great future ahead....

cheers

10. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am in since 2005. ;)
    Actually my core position could completely miss out on double digit silver. :lol:

11. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

Watched a couple of your videos and have to say that I think it is perfectly reasonable. I got in just over 2 years ago now and ideally would like to be out and have made a good profit before the mania sets in. I would imagine it would be nerve-wracking. In saying that more and more I'm thinking I will be sticking around for it. Just hope I don't get too greedy.

In saying that, I am looking whether it might be worthwhile taking some profits soon and maybe hoping for a decent correction to get back in. It's an ongoing assessment at the moment. I don't think I will be too stressed if I have to ride any correction but might be quite disappointed if I sell and one doesn't eventuate. Decisions, decisions....

I've also taken small profits here and there. I could have kept it all and waited for the big payoff, but you just fret more I think. You need to take some along the way to help you sleep.

12. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

Absolutely agree with John that taking the emotional attachment away from any investment is probably a smart mindset. The downside is that it becomes plain hard work & most of us are involved at the hobby collector/investment level because of emotive factors. There is a really clear divide between numismatics and bullion investment. Personally I'm involved with the former. It's a lot less clinical, potentially as or more financially rewarding and for my two bobs heaps more fun !

13. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

14. silverfunk

silverfunk Active Member

Nothing wrong with taking profits, Ive done so my self sold over from 25-45aud. what annoys me about silver investors is this hardcore element associated with them, i.e. crash jpm buy silver campaign and all these other knob jockeys calling for 50 billion dollar an oz silver.

15. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Dude. It's Gold and its $50k ;)

16. silverfunk

silverfunk Active Member

haha nugget.. yes mate.

Or what about the kids with stacks of like 100oz who think they will become like bullionares once the system crashes, seriously some major douches have hijacked silver.

17. grinners

grinners Active Member Silver Stacker

Some pent up anger issues coming out hey silverfunk? :)

For a lot of people, it will be their first investment, and they are understandably excited, no harm in that.

Atleast they have left the iphone debt herd.

18. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

lol - yeh i loved that one as well!

John has a great sense of humour :lol:

19. silverfunk

silverfunk Active Member

no grinners, just a dash of realism my friend :) not an angry person.

Of course I was excited when I first started out as well, its only normal.

But I have seen with silver that their is quite a few douches associated with the investment.

Dont diss iphones, they come in handy with this kinda stuff you know oh and even those in "debt" are still pretty savvy with investments, the masses are slowly waking up.

20. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Seems as if you're calling the PM cycle as close to done ... judging by your having sold out half your stack already