Stellaconcepts sold his investment portion of silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by heartastack, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Actually i'm completely dependant on Hobo's blog telling me when its time! :D

Ok, not quite... but thats not too far from the truth. I will use his blog as well as other sources to tell me how gold and silver is doing relative to property and shares...
    I'll know when the time is right thats for sure. Put it this way - those here who reckon that the "window of opportunity" for silver will be measured in hours or days - just like it was in 1980 - are a couple of cans short of a sixpack ...

There will be plenty of time to swap out. Things are diametrically different from 1980, but many here dont seem to understand that

2. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

lol - he's saying the exact opposite of what many here are saying! Personally i'd stick with what Mike is saying...

3. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

I'm also waiting for that GFC2, but that's out of my own beliefs :cool:

Never even read what Mike Maloney has to say tbh @_@

I feel that I get the overall sentiment from everyones posts here rather than directly from the usual crowd (e.g. that Bob Chapman guy and Maloney).

4. justin007

justin007 Member

The fundamentals are still here today, just like they were yesterday.

Nothing's changed.

John has dumped his stack for his own reasons. He may have seen something that will outperform ag in the near term. Good on him if this is the case.

The market was always going to get scared at $50... if the 80's high was $100 we would see the same thing at $100.

I believe Adrian from GATA recently said that the $50 mark will be eratic, only to become the 'cork in the volcano'

Recent charts demonstrate clear evidence of BIG players going long on silver.

These people have far more money than you or me to spend and they have thrown it into silver.

'step back' and observe the big picture...

The fundamentals of silver investment remain incredible.

.....just my 2 cents worth

cheers

5. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

big mistake! These guys know what they're talking about

6. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

Silver is not a slow moving beast like the property market. It behaves like the sharemarket. The peak of the mania stage will be just that....mania. When fear finally replaces greed....look out.

I wouldn't rely on Mike Maloney to tell you when to get out. No doubt he'll quietly close out of his position in plenty of time but he'll still be furiously selling silver to masses of maniac followers.

You certainly seem to be in the mania stage Yippe.

C

7. justin007

justin007 Member

Thumbs up on that on Downunder..

These blokes have alot to lose and have done their research.

Worst case (paranoid) scenario........If they turned out to be snakes 'cornering' the silver market like the Hunts the price of metal adjusted for inflation would be far, far above $150.

This is a clear no brainer in at least the medium term.

8. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As I understand it Mike Maloney runs a subscriber advisory service. He'll tell his subscribers but not those looking to him for a free ride ;)

9. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I dont need Maloney to tell me when to get out. I can work that out for myself. We'll just have to see about how volatile silver gets. i stand by my prediction that the value of silver will remain pretty steady - even at many times its current value.
    It will not tank anything like in 1980. Thats my call and i'm sticking with it

10. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

So I'm guessing this "cool, calm and collected high" stage must come somewhere after the mania stage.

These predictions are really breaking new ground.

C

11. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

i'm not really big on all these fancy terms being flung around like "mania stage" ...

What i do know is i'll continue to assess the true value of silver by comparing it to other tangible items. At present i am very cool and calm about silver because it doesnt take a genius to figure out that its still hopelessly undervalued compared to just about everything else.

The fiat dollar price of silver doesnt mean diddly in my considerations.

12. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

While you're quietly sitting down to assess the true value of silver, your profits are in the hands of the maniacs.

It's the maniacs you need to assess.

C

13. justin007

justin007 Member

Above ground supply of silver vs Gold vs actual use of both metals.

It kind of bothers me that almost every mint in any country cannot provide the product on demand even though it's in their financial interest to do so.

Having run a business in the past and viewing the current conditions of demand it would seem obvious to poor as many large bars as possible 24/7 while the market wants them.

Going in the opposite direction and actually cutting large bars from the list (while losing potential revenue) does not make any sense..

14. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

Tell me this fellow SS members. Was it possible to buy bullion silver in 1980? If so,where did you purchase it from? Did the RAM mint any 1oz silver coins in 1980?

Was it just a paper silver bubble in the USA in 80.? If you wanted to stack silver prior to 80 in Australia where did you buy it?.And don't tell me it was 66 fifty rounds or junk silver.

Maybe the silver price hike of 1980 was completely different than what has happened recently.

Regards Errol43

15. justin007

justin007 Member

Cheers for that info.. scincerely appreciated.

The thing is that withholding supply can only suggest a geniune shortage of metal or a perceived capital gain by holding out on production in the belief product will gain extra yield by doing so.

In any scenario it would seem the people in the know (mints) are placing bets on upward pricing and hence holding out on production?

thanks again

16. stellaconcepts

stellaconcepts New Member

Talking about mania phase....

1. I can currently join the "Silver Liberation Army".
    2. I can buy "Got Silver?" t-shirts on ebay.
    3. I can sell my silver to apmex for a huge premium, so they can resell at an even bigger premium.
    4. A guy I was telling about silver at $19 wants to know where he can now get some at $50.
    5. There has never been greater shorts on the USD.
    6. CNBC is visiting coin shows interviewing people who buy silver in the morning and "flip" it in the afternoon.
    7. I can buy rounds with max keisers face on them.
    8. The car salesman saw my other website on the back of the car (topstocks.com.au) and asked if I was into investments... he gave me the hot tip... guess what shiny white metal he said (this is not a joke - happened 3 weeks ago)

Having said all that, I am a silver bull long term. I do think silver will clear $100. But I don't feel comfortable in this market at the moment. If I miss a double in the price from here - I'll live with that... I'd rather get out before mania phase takes hold protecting the gains I have already made, then be too late and risk losing them all.

If I see this market quieten down (even if the price is higher by then) I will get back in... right now - sidelines for me... and there are other investments one can make....

17. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

The few times I called Gainesville before last week, I was immediately routed to someone or never more than 5th in line. They are obviously doing some business and it is definitely affecting their operations.

As Turd Ferguson wrote yesterday. When has there been a market top in anything with so many people screaming top, Never.

18. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

^^^^
    And I thought Dominos pizza's queue was bad @_@

19. argophile

argophile New Member

I work part time in a call centre while studying, and every second person is buying silver - even had a trade take place the other day.

20. Skyblues

Skyblues Member

yea mate, there are good reasons for your concern and your concern is shared, I am hoping, as one of the youtube guys call it, 'correction through time', hoping that silver will stay in this $45-50 range for a while, or take its time for every dollar after $50...Hoping for a calm week this week.