Stellaconcepts sold his investment portion of silver

Discussion in 'Silver' started by heartastack, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

John's recent "No doe in Numismatics tube vid" made me laugh. Maybe he should've bought these instead? Older vid here, they are all 1ozt Pandas just triple the values the guy is quoting.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=012QesEVXbA[/youtube]

2. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So much waffle & poor advice to wade through... Turd summed up the current situation brilliantly...

"And, regarding this "topcalling nonsense". Since when has any market topped while everyone was telling you to sell. I'll tell you when...NEVER! Markets "top" when the last buyer has bought...when there is no fear and no perception of risk. Is that today's silver market? Hardly! The fact that so many douchebags are trying to convince you to sell your silver is simply a sign that silver will trade even higher. "

One of the greatest money making opportunities is here. Most of you will miss it!

3. hem9

hem9 Active Member Silver Stacker

"The fact that so many douchebags are trying to convince you to sell your silver is simply a sign that silver will trade even higher. "

Mate you gotta tone the language down, no one is telling you to sell anything and certainly no one is calling the top of this cycle. John is just telling people what he did with the speculative portion of his stack. That is all he did, he did not tell anyone to sell anything, he just told people what he is doing. Use your mind if you wanna follow him or not.

4. SilverSale

5. hem9

Mate we are talking with in the contex of this thread thus it is about the reason John sold his investment stack and the people attempting to make sense of his reason. I fail to see what the above post has to do with the title or subject of the thread

6. SilverSale

hem, I'm not getting into an argument... suffice to say, I warned others not to pay attention when John sold at $23 (looking for a correction). I warned when John advised the chart looked toppy at $30. I warned when John announced silver would drop at $38. I am warning now.

This market is going higher.

7. hem9

You can give all the warning you want that is your right. But right or wrong it is johns decision to sell when he wants for whatever reason he wants as that is his right and it is his stack. As he never advocated selling, he only told people what he was doing, thus you don't have the right to criticise him.

8. SilverSale

ROFL - you do realize John started a 'paid tipping' service. Anyone that asks for money for tips better provide some bl00dy good tips... or accept the criticism. :)

9. SilverSale

Yep, I've announced the 'market is going higher' on numerous occasions. Feel free to criticise me if/when I make a mistake. :)

10. Clawhammer

Clawhammer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I predicted sub-$US19 at the end of last year's options cycle.

Still picking the egg off my face. :(

11. SilverSale

It's alright Clawhammer, you only get talked about if you are vocal. ;)

hobo is still a little upset about my accurate short term predictions. I don't think he liked my whip-saw prediction which took place precisely as expected :D

12. hem9

Exactly what I was thinking, if he just gives advice on what he is doing then you have no right as it is your choice to follow or not. Even if he did give advice, it would still be up to you to follow him or not. If you paid for his service then I believe that you would have a right to flame him and only if the call was so far off as to account for human error.

13. stellaconcepts

stellaconcepts New Member

Its hardly a tipping service... we mainly buy and hold long term prospects - mid caps.

Here's a free one - ASX:TRY... Tell me in 2 years how you do.

also - selling 15% of my stack at $24 was about the only thing I can say I did wrong throughout this whole bull market. (apart from not exploiting every possible line of credit available to me at the time) I rebought what I sold (and more) at $29 - so I can live with that $24 sale.

As for my TA calls... I offer what Im seeing in the charts and possibilities surrounding that - TA is at best right 60% of the time (at best... I actually think its not even right that much). I've been pretty good on my TA vids I have to say (especially when silver was <20) As I stated before - in breakout mode - all TA bets are off....

As for selling at $45(Aud) its not about calling tops its about realizing profit. You might be right and silver goes to $100 in this move... but if it doesn't, and goes to $20 (not that im predicting it will) you've realized nothing since it broke out. All the hyperbole and arm waving means zip nada naught.

I have two basic investing mantras:

Investing is about realizing gains, not picking tops and bottoms.

and

don't invest even 10 bucks into something you wouldn't bet the house on.

Right now, there is no way I'd sell everything I owned and put it into $50 silver... so my mantra is complete - realize profits.

If silver breaks out above $50 - you can bet I'll be trading it on paper anyhow - I'm not going to let this market run away on me ;)

14. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

Are we fighting over silver price predictions? Lemme ad 'im! lemme ad 'im!.. puddem up..puddem up ;)

Can someone very briefly tell me why John is any different to you or or selling 25% (I mean 15%) of our stack and giving a reason? Why the big debate?

love and peace! and shiney stuff too!

15. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Hobo - to be fair though, i believe you guys are coming down a bit hard on SilverSale. Sure he didnt give a specific timeframe or limit but i dont see a problem with his call though as the way i interpret it is that the silver market is going higher based on what we currently know.

If and when there are signs out there which indicate that silver is about to tank, then i'm sure there will be many here ready to trumpet that to the heavens...

For now though, i fully agree with SilverSale that silver is on the way up with NO SIGNS at all of any long term changes in its direction.

Comparing his statement to predicting that Australian housing will move up is rather silly i think because there are no signs to show this movement. On the contrary...

16. stellaconcepts

stellaconcepts New Member

silversale... when are you realising profits in silver? Going Higher is pretty blanket stuff mate... care to elaborate... whats your sell point/ratio/value (or whatever metric you use)....

17. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Guys - get a grip!

Since when are people here not allowed to air their views???

John even mentioned how different the commentary was here compared to on his site - where it was more like "hate" messages. Here some of us dont agree with his predictions of where silver is going over the next few months, but so what? Its still been all civil from what i can see.
    I dont want to pretend to talk on John's behalf, but i dont believe that he sees this thread as only a place where praises can be left on his decision. I'm sure he doesnt mind other people here stating that they dont agree with his view and why ...
    I thought that was the idea of this blog ... to debate and differ with each other and perhaps pick up some new knowledge in the process ...

18. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

What SIGNS will you be looking for to know when the direction has changed?

A huge reduction in price?

C

19. SilverSale

Peace guys.

I'll let you know when I sell. Aiming for 70-80% of the move... :)

20. Atomic79

Atomic79 New Member

I have to say that I have been a little nervous when reading this thread. And confused. What to do? I wasn't expecting all this parabolic talk so soon. From reading on this forum, it seems that a lot of people are anxious about losing their gains...anxiety is catching!

I certainly will keep my gold, and shift more to a position of buying gold. I intend to sell a bit of silver to lock in some good gains made. Having not sold before, I need a test-run to see how easy/difficult it is...But I don't think at the moment I will sell all of my silver and certainly not from my SMSF.

Overall, though, I would have thought that silver has further to go...? I've been expecting this BIG thing to 'happen' in the US market...a spectacular crash of some type. Surely, it's only a matter of time. DJIA is 12800 and going up (to accommodate the devaluation of the dollar).

I'm struggling to get my head around all of this!

I wonder what Mike Maloney is saying about silver and gold...?