So where are all the modern China medals finding homes?

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by Gatito Bandito, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Yes.

Actually "every" hobby can be quite expensive. This maybe "force" you to spend less on other things and try to save some money, and buy some nice medal as a "reward".
    People appreciate different things. Some go out every day to drink something and complain that they can go only for a short holidays. For some travel is everything and they work hard th whole year to go on some travel, etc.

Really interesting collection must be one that spans through different generations. I think smbdy was mentioning in some post in forum that his friend got collection of PM from his father, and his father from his father.

2. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

^ Right, imagine my parents passed down to me a nice coin and medal collection. Also, I need to think these days as I surpass the half century mark, what can I leave to the next generation of mmissinglink's....crappy stories about me wasting money on gambling, getting drunk, and buying tickets to stupid movies I don't even like?....or passing down tangible assets that may have both aesthetic value and monetary value? It's kind of a no-brainer question of course.

That's why I spend money differently today than I did 10, 15, 25, 30 years ago.

Some collectors who claim that un-official medals are not worth buying can believe whatever they want to believe but I am confident that when I buy un-official medals like the Xi-Shi Holding a Pearl (or other remarkable medals) I am not wasting my money.

In other words, I'm good with buying the Chinese medals I have, even if some of them are un-official.

3. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

To be frank I not even notice xi shi before you are bringing out in the forum. I know it os unofficial mints medal. However it is nice and full of story of xi shi. In the end I decide to get one silver even without box and Coa. I want be part of it and look at the real medal on my hand. It must be cool even the price will not up much.

I wear 2 hats collector and seller. I buy xi shi with the hat of collector

4. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

wow :) hey guys I love medals too ............:) and collect them!! my last purchase was the heritage set (i have not graded it ) the whole purpose of the conversation is to bring up the discussion of how some of these medals are being produced and how if at all it effects there value

5. jc888888888

6. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is MS not PF.

I have the whole set 1 oz gold PF68. 3.3 oz silver PF68, 2 oz silver PF69 and 3.3 oz gold gilded PF69.

Let me double check when this weekend and I take better photo.

This anniv medal price has down min 20 -30 % as compare to few years ago. The hotter one is the common one which is 2 oz. All ebay items are overpriced due to ebay fee.

As the 3.3 oz many fake NGC. I nearly bought one fake. Rumour the mould of the medal has been smuggle out.

This medal cost around USD1K in ebay. Cost less than 1K in china.

You have listed it in ebay for a while if I am not wrong.

7. jc888888888

yes I sold a few and kept a few yes that is the ms version

8. picturefun

picturefun Member

Goat Panda is the #1 issue in this series, correct?

I checked Taobao, the price already goes up 30% from that in about 2.5 months ago. Only 2 sellers, each one has only 1 in stock.

9. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Hello Picturefun. Yes, the Goat is the first with a mintage of 299. The monkey design is being worked on. I believe they are also working on a wooden box to house the 12 lunar pandas. As mentioned on one of my videos, they will be changing the design of the panda every year the lunar animal changes. And last, rumor has it that there will be other metal types added to the series. NOT a ton. Perhaps a lower mintage Antique Silver (99) and possibly an even lower gold one (10'ish). These are just 'rumors & speculation,' probably more just my dreams when counting sheep. lol. We will find out more soon enough. Oh, and I believe it will be retroactive to the goat too..again, just a rumor. :)