Silver 1 oz panda coins today prices...

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Mi lao shu, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Diablo21

Diablo21 Member

Thanks.

I also bought some Australian Koala's a couple of weeks ago, those are gorgeous too. I guess to me anything looks good as long as it doesn't have the maple leaf ;) :p

2. ninteno

ninteno Member

Hi,

do not know if i was discussed anywhere here.
    The mintgae of the 2011 was changed from 3.000.000 to 6.000.000 pcs a few days ago.

Ninteno

3. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks Ninteno,

where did you hear that?

Thanks.

4. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

5. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

yennus, where are they selling in the $90s? Looking on fleabay, I see most sales are in the $50s. I exclude the graded coins as there is a lot of cost for the grading.

6. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

;)

TO THE MOOOOOOOOOON

7. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

8. yennus

Hi dccpa, even after the big hit in silver over the past couple of weeks, they haven't gone down in price at APMEX. As of today, they are still $99USD.

http://www.apmex.com/Product/48441/2009_1_oz_Silver_Chinese_Panda___In_Capsule.aspx

Graded coins are more.

Fleabay probably isn't the best place to go shopping for genuine pandas.

http://www.apmex.com is probably the most convenient place for Americans.

9. yennus

I imagine most of the increase would have been consumed before export. It wouldn't take a lot for all 1.5million 1oz silver pandas to be consumed by a very small number of elites.

I believe that only a very small percentage of silver pandas get exported (low supply), keeping overseas demand high, and thus keeping prices very healthy.

As more people get into Pandas and get more familiar with them, it makes sense that the demand for older and rarer pandas will increase.

2010s in my opinion are a fairly good place to put park your fiat.

10. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Yennus, Apmex is not a good price comparison in my opinion. They only have 14 2009 Pandas for sale. I have noticed that Apmex, Gainesville, etc., substantially raise the prices of their items when they only have a few in stock. I look at ebay as the high price for items and their prices are $40-50 lower than Apmex. I bet if you tried to sell those same Pandas to Apmex they would offer you spot and might negotiate up to spot + $4. If you notice, Apmex isn't even advertising that they want any Pandas other than the 2011s. For me, the real price of a coin is what I can sell it for.

11. fishball

APMEX charges $350 for a proof dog...enough said lol ;)

12. yennus

Thanks for your comments dccpa, I disagree.

1. APMEX and Gainesville are fantastic places for us Aussies to compare prices. Their prices are substantially less than our major dealers in Australia (E.g. KJC, Ainslie, ABC Bullion, etc). Group buys from Australia have often been organised to buy from them. Americans are blessed to have easy access to cheaper silver and gold than we do. It makes good sense for us Aussies to compare our prices with APMEX/Gainesville/etc.

2. Of course APMEX/Gainesville will raise their prices when their stocks on premium items (eg. pandas) are running low... it's called the Law of Supply and Demand.

3. I wouldn't even be selling my Maples/ASEs to APMEX/Gainesville/etc. Very few people in these forums would sell back to their bullion dealers, they would rather sell here in the forums, or through personal contacts. Many here, I imagine, would also avoid selling on Ebay.

4. If you want to look at the real prices that 2009 and 2007 pandas have sold for in Australia just 3 days ago, look here:
    http://forums.silverstackers.com/topic-11135-syd-sell-1oz-silver-2007-2009-pandas-low-price.html - very similar to APMEX/Gainesville pricing. Sold out in a few hours.

5. Ebay is not the recommended place for buying/selling pandas. If you want to buy pandas, but them from reputable dealers (like APMEX/Gainesville). If you want to sell pandas, sell them here or on other coin forums (or on ebay if you have an established reputation) or privately through different collectors.

You can see the evidence for yourself that there are many places where the 2009 1oz Silver Panda goes for around $90. These are all real and actualized prices.

1. Your country (America) sells the 2009 1oz Silver Panda for around $90s. APMEX/Gainesville, etc.
    2. My country (Australia) sells the 2009 1oz Silver Panda for around $90s. Silverstackers, etc.
    3. The country (China) sells the 2009 1oz Silver Panda for around $90s. The Bank of China (or almost any other bank), the Shenzen Mint (when they have stock), etc.

13. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

I agree with you on all points raised.

What is unusual however is that I'm a member of another forum in the States whose main interest is Chinese numismatic coins and their recommendation for the best place to buy coins is on ebay! I think it's not necessarily a price related recommendation though - but rather availability.

14. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

how come there are no full time panda dealers in Aus?

15. yennus

I dunno... it's a good question... No distributor yet I suppose.

But KJC offers the Panda silver monster boxes and Downies sells the Panda coins individually and at auctions.

16. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

hmmmm, must be an opportunity for someone with ties to the Chinese market, I mean there's certainly a captive audience here on SS

17. petercamperdown

petercamperdown New Member

Downies do sell them but at $58.00 for 2011 panda, they can keep them.

18. fishball

Ouch...

Wouldn't pay past $45 for one haha.

19. petercamperdown

petercamperdown New Member

they have never nor will they ever be a dealer to buy from at good prices. well that is anything worth getting.

20. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

yennus, Gainesville is selling 2011 Pandas for around $40-41, but they don't have any 2009s. I haven't seen any Pandas selling here for $99, but I don't check all the sales. My point is that I don't see any sales for $99 but I do see a lot of confirmed sales in the $50s. And my point about Ebay is that I consider them the high price. I don't recall seeing coins selling for more than ebay pricing.

For example,

nwtmint.com has 2009 Pandas for about $52.40 and about $64.89 with 24k gold plating. I am sure I could find other sources with similar pricing if I was interested in spending more than a couple of minutes.