Shipping between Oz and US.

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by TomD, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Teh silvers

Teh silvers Member

I just sent a package to the US with auspost.i used pack and track service .cost is about $23.and takes from 3 to 10 days,it also has a tracking number.

2. heyimderrick

heyimderrick Active Member

Per the NGC FAQs, and it is in the fine print of the coupon as well I believe.

"Q. Can I submit additional coins on the same invoice as my free grading submissions?

A. No. When using your free grading award, we ask that you submit no additional items."

http://www.ngccoin.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=2200#membership13

3. heyimderrick

Save up enough coins that you don't think require conservation services and then use the coupon. Standard World can be used for any world coin valued $3,000 or less. Maybe use it to have some spares graded that you intend to sell later.

4. heyimderrick

5. El Bullion

El Bullion New Member Silver Stacker

Yeah, might do that for some gold coins. Silver coins benefit more from conservation I think. Thanks.

Thanks, I will consider that as well. Has your package arrived at its destination yet? Speed isn't as much as a concern for me as guaranteed delivery at the receiving end. Cheers.

6. Teh silvers

Teh silvers Member

I sent the package this morning.so I don't know .lol.

7. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

If you take a coin for 30/40 above raw valu and is a ms69 ngc is a bargain
    Now i have the oportunity cost.
    Thank you very much for the data

8. comeaux

comeaux New Member Silver Stacker

El Bullion I apologize for diverting off topic and for not considering GST but just substantiating that the option is available for multiple submissions if desired.

It was long ago when I used my free grading coupons but looks like the FAQ says you can't submit simultaneously with other coins as derrick pointed out. As he stated just use them on lower value coins you don't want to conserve.

I have the premium membership and back when I signed on I got the five NGC coupons and two NCS conservations but don't know if they still do that.

Now that all I do 100% of the time is send to NCS, I will more than likely just re-sign next renewal with the "associate membership" because for $22.50 it's worth it for me to just get all coins conserved (if needed) and scratch free holder. On a side note that's kind of "BS" come on a scratch free holder? Why would they sell anything other than that? Who wants scratches??? Marketing chicanery :rolleyes:

I have been looking at the "Photo Proof" service and I really like it for some of the higher value coins. Although it doesn't add any monetary value and is more a novelty item in my view, I will try it out and post up some of the pictures.

Anyway I would recommend that it may be a good idea just to go with the $39 associate for anyone that will just utilize NCS.

9. heyimderrick

I second both of these comments. My guess is that they want to try to profit off reholder services and upgraded holders for a little while since the scratch-resistant edgeview holder is relatively new.

Also, before recently joining Collector's Society (NGC, NCS, etc.) I pondered the different levels. For me, knowing that I would have some coins sent in that I wouldn't send for NCS services, the Premium level with the 5 free submissions was a no-brainer since the submissions basically pay for the membership. But like Cx said, if you are only going to use NCS, then just go with the associate level for $39.

10. heyimderrick

Please note that USPS has increased their rates.

11. badhop55

badhop55 New Member

Excellent thread with invaluable information. Thanks to all for sharing and I agree this thread should be saved for future use and update. I don't intend to sell any time soon but it's always good to be prepared.

The information is much appreciated!