Patriot Act, Gold and Silver confiscation

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by chimpanchu, Feb 7, 2011.

1. PerthStack

PerthStack Member

You need to go to china and have a look. If you think they are skimping on spending for infrastructure for the future after a visit, then I suggest a visit to the shrinks office is in order.
    Even china realise the good times don't last forever, so, unlike Australia and the US, when the money is coming in, they spend it on trains, renewable power, roads, schools, you name it, they are investing in it, Howard just pork barreled it to make his numbers look good and GW spent it all killing people.
    As for poverty, China has raised TWO HUNDRED MILLION people from poverty in just twenty years, sure there are a lot left still impoverished, but that is massive. The US have more people slipping into poverty every day, and no end in sight. FFS, they don't even supply free health care to the most needy, in supposedly the beacon of the the West. The Chinese don't just farm their elderly into retirement homes, they look after them, and would continue to even if they could afford western style nursing homes. Shit, we don't even want to care for our own kids apparently, with many people earning less money going out to work, than they are spending on childcare whilst at work.
    When the economic system crashes shortly, china can send most of the unemployed back home to the farms to continue with their subsistence farming ways of life, our unemployed will just be standing on the street, with a massive debt, rubbing their hungry growling stomachs, thinking WTF.

2. aus2014

aus2014 New Member

Good or bad is a matter of perspective. I'm certainly much happier living here in Australia than I would be in either China or the US, from either a social or economic perspective.

3. happyjoelucky

happyjoelucky Member

Hi everybody, new to the forum,
    There was a YT vid on gold confiscation by Maloney and Morgan today.
    Interesting perspective.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnmqMEE6CLc&feature=feedlik

I should add, at any rate, silver imo is a less likely confiscation target, but who knows what govt will decide to do if they think it encourages the banking debt money system and therefore banksters as well as pollies grip on purchasing power?

4. aus2014

aus2014 New Member

It's been said that supplies of silver will become extinct by 2020. Whatever the US government does or doesn't do we'll have to see. Silver has many industrial applications, so a rationale for them to seize silver stockpiles would be for strategic military reasons.

5. benjamind2010

benjamind2010 New Member

I would not surrender any PMs, and would instead keep them somewhere hidden at a relative's house. Wait for the government to rescind the laws, and then sell the PMs at their new super-duper prices.

The chance of this occurring is about the same as winning the $20M lottery.