Patriot Act, Gold and Silver confiscation

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by chimpanchu, Feb 7, 2011.

1. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Dont they own half the world already tho ?

3. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

Well, maybe it's the conspiracy theorist side of me peaking through... :)

I think you make a good point about trying to prevent unrest. Whatever happens, it's going to be interesting.

4. Stacks On

Stacks On New Member

It gets better :)

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA_PATRIOT_Act: "The title of the Act is a contrived three letter initialism (USA) preceding a seven letter acronym (PATRIOT), which in combination stand for Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001"

5. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

mmm looks like a wedge politics sort of event to me.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

LOL you mean the TPE-OTP act.... the pointy end of the pineapple , and they dont even give a subsidy for vaseline.

7. aus2014

aus2014 New Member

America is the only country that I know of that has had precious metals confiscation/nationalisation in each century of it's recorded history, war of independence, civil war and 1933. It's not possible to predict what the future will be, but I think there's a good chance of history repeating itself in this century. How would the US repay it's debts if their currency collapses?

I think the objective of China in promoting precious metals ownership is to improve the wealth of it's middle class and their purchasing power. They can't always rely on americans to buy their goods, if the world economy worsens.

8. hawkeye

Chinese govt good, US govt evil?

9. errol43

errol43 New Member Silver Stacker

This is what I think the USA might do. Issue a decree that all gold in the country must be surrendered to the treasury by say the end of June. Your country needs you to this to save the financial needs of our great nation. It is your patriotic duty to do so. From the first of July it will be illegal for any citizen to own gold or silver. However all citizens who surrender their gold and silver by June 30th will be paid at the rate of $1600 per oz for gold and $40 per oz for silver. Anyone holding gold or silver after 1st July will be charged and the court will be able to fine you $10000 or two years jail if you refuse to surrender PM/s.

The government will then build up their holdings of gold and silver and in January of the next year rescind the ownership laws and again make it legal except that the price of gold has been readjusted to $64k per oz and silver to $1600. Introduce a new currency backed by gold and silver and pay back the old fiat debt and start again.

There are probably many flaws in this scenario as I'm speaking strictly as a lawman but for the love of me after listening to all the financial experts I have yet to hear how the USA is going to pay back the $13,000,000,000,000 debt . Maybe a default is another possibility or maybe another war.

Will be interesting to hear from other SS if this scenario is possible.

Regards Errol43

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Charter boat ??? what charter boat.....OOP's, Damn that cyclone (insert name here), Damn you to hell climate change and all those Bushfires, Tornado's in Australia do happen you know....Flash flooding..., Muggings on the way to the bank, You step out for a few minutes to buy a bottle of port and your house get's trashed and really Who would insure Silver of all things when a Plasma telly is worth sooo much, Yeah I did buy some but it went like hot cakes at the local markets when it reached $40.00 an Oz.....funny that...

What are the first signs of old timers disease??? Oh shit I forget what happened to that....We were out fishing and I'd just hooked this huge Barra and then this metrosexual on a jet ski came flying by and well i managed to land the fish but everything else.....nearly all of it went on birthday and chrissy presents....

Phhaa..... I dont see it do you?

11. Guest

Guest Guest

It's also quite amazing what you can find with a metal detector after a boating accident as well. :D or a Cyclone ....lots of stuff just washes right up upon the shoreline once things settle down.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I lolled.

13. PerthStack

PerthStack Member

China may have a few faults of varying sizes, but they have maintained a society for thousands of years. They make plans that span a century, where we are lucky to have plans that last one election cycle.
    Think of china as the rich family putting a bit away every week so that the family fortune continues in the future, America is the family living paycheck to paycheck, using the credit card to pay for holidays and luxuries.

14. hawkeye

Sorry, but that's complete nonsense. Look after their people? Just over a decade ago the vast majority were in poverty, still a significant amount still are. What's the average wage compared to the West? Had a bloody revolution not so long ago too. One-child policy? That was a real good idea, wasn't it? That's really planning for the future where you have a huge mismatch between males and females. Not to mention running them over with tanks if they complain?

The idea that China looks after their people and plans for the future is complete nonsense. You have a dictatorial regime running the country and I wouldn't be surprised to see a revolution there sometime in the next decade when the promises they have made the people prove false. As Chimp said, the encouragement to buy Gold may be an attempt to forestall this, though I don't expect it will do any good ultimately.

15. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Why after everything that has happened recently would anyone question any government stealing it's citizens' gold? I agree that they would probably offer to buy it fairly and then have fines etc for not selling.
    They already stolen trillions of dollars of fiat and given it to the elite, why wouldn't they do the same with real money?

16. PerthStack

PerthStack Member

For starters, read my first sentence.
    Where did I say china looks after everyone? I said they maintained a SOCIETY, very different. If you don't think China plan for the future, then I'm afraid you are beyond help.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

I can think of two reasons straight away actually.

1 - Logistics. The moment you tell people you're taking their gold, they'll do everything they can to hoard it, hide it, bury it and keep it out of your hands because every media outlet across the globe will go straight back to the first event in the 30s and people will know right away that the confescation will be relatively short lived, followed by a massive explosion in wealth for those who held out.

2 - Subterfuge. The entire point of the fiat game is one of confidence. The establishment has taken steps to relegate gold to the annals of history as a defunct monetary standard of a bygone age. What do you think people are going to do if suddenly the gubmint starts roping this supposed 'irrelevent relic' through confiscation?

The sleeping sheeple are meant to stay asleep. Start alerting them with such a move will simply bring about the crash quicker than you can imagine.

The G word (Gold) is something the government sorely wants to keep out of the minds of the every day debt slave, that I can assure you.

18. hawkeye

What does maintain a society mean? If you mean maintain a country and keep it together by any means possible, quite often violently killing many of your own subjects then yes, China "maintains" it's society in a superior way to the West. I'll take the Western way, with all it's imperfections, personally.

As for China planning for the future you're falling into the same trap as all those who believed in China's economy going onwards, upwards forever. It's another mainstream myth and it too will be exploded soon enough. How do I know? Simple, human society does not and never has worked that way. Except if you think decades of poverty is "planning ahead". It's static thinking in a dynamic system.

19. pmfiend

pmfiend New Member

Yes, there will be gold hoarding but most will hand over their gold. Look at how easy they took our guns.

They could do a similar "Problem -> Reaction -> Solution" operation to rid the populace of gold. Maybe some hard-line muslim sheik funds a shopping center bombing paid for with gold....we always knew those sultans and arabs had a lot of gold...clearly thats how the terrorists are funded. If you buy or hold gold you could be supporting terrorism.

"If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns". If you hold onto your metals post-confiscation, expect to be reported to ASIO by the sheep next door.

20. col0016

col0016 Active Member

No, they mainstream media would support the government ridding us of our PMs. Because the people who own the media are the same people who own the governments.
    Sadly most people don't read alternative media sources which would no doubt warn us months in advance.