Northern Star Resources (NST)

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by bazz1000, Nov 9, 2011.

1. GOLDPIRATE

GOLDPIRATE New Member

B
    Well! Howz 1.515 for today's high so far sound ;)

2. GOLDPIRATE

GOLDPIRATE New Member

Challenged & broken out!

1.555 high already for this morning. Sitting @ 1.545 now @ 10:45 woohoo......

3. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Getting to critical level now - old top. I'd imagine a lot of short term money has entered, and will they pull the pin and take their scungy profits, lol. I'm feeling more relaxed now that it's made its move, and so strongly, and could handle a pullback. But that's all it is - a feeling, and holders could be further tripped up by the gold price which is also vulnerable at this level of course.

4. GOLDPIRATE

GOLDPIRATE New Member

Unfortunately, true. The ol' POG is always in the background. You may have a good company in your sight. Well n good! But it's healthy to keep it all in perspective. We await gold to rise but it may fall.....

5. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm not convinced the rally in the POG is the one we all want to see. It looks like a repeat of what happened at the beginning of the year. A mixture of short covering, geopolitical conflict and poor US corporate earnings IMO is combining to push gold higher. I would need to see a weekly close above $1420USD before starting to show interest in gold. Good for scrungy profit takers like me but I don't short-term trade gold stocks. I do like NST though

6. GOLDPIRATE

GOLDPIRATE New Member

1.645 - Up 4.11% in first half hr of trading....

7. finicky

Hit I.70 before lunch but now pulling back. Vertical looking, overbought on indicator, and ignored old top.
    I mechanically mention old tops but I remember the T/A guy on Financial News Network, Garry Glover, expressing doubt at the usefulness of the 'double top' idea. It's a bit hit and miss - one of the reasons I got out of M2 Telecommunications (MTU) was that it was approaching the old $4 high but MTU then pretty much steamed through that level for a few more dollars per share of gain. Did my interim divvy to get out too.

8. finicky

Shootin' star on the daily.

Shootin' star

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/1893_nst_daily_3_mths_july_11.gif][​IMG][/imgz]

9. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Don't know what a shooting star is but I thought they had run up just a little too fast so I got out today

will buy back in if it comes back down - I might be wrong tho if there are some institutions taking up large positions

10. finicky

I hyperlinked an easy visual lesson! Choosing the 'web' tab off the same 'images' page would have given this succinct description ..

"The shooting star is a type of reversal pattern presaging a falling price. The Shooting Star looks exactly the same as the Inverted hammer, but instead of being found in a downtrend it is found in an uptrend and thus has different implications. Like the Inverted hammer it is made up of a candle with a small lower body, little or no lower wick, and a long upper wick that is at least two times the size of the lower body."

It must surely correct soon on a daily scale but the way it behaved today made me look at the monthly and then the quarterly chart. What if NST has embarked on a second growth stage that will see it make gains equal to the first? The fundamental argument in support of that could be the greatly expanded production capacity on top of the possible sustainably improving gold price. That and institutions coming onto the register in response to the bigger size of the company.

Chartwise there still seems loads of room for the price to move up on a monthly or quarterly scale. Not too 'overbought' looking on those charts yet.

NST All Data QUARTERLY (i.e each bar is 3 mths)
    [​IMG]

11. finicky

12. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Oh I have no doubt fundamentally this is one of the best managed gold companies in Aus and will continue to grow to rival Newcrest at some point
    but I also expect quite a few day traders have jumped on board with this recent run
    Any drop in the price of gold may not see institutions selling out but the day traders will dump in a heartbeat.

13. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Should be an interesting week or two for gold. Could see some violent swings depending on what comes out of Wall Street.

14. clear

clear Well-Known Member

Hi finicky, whats you take on the todays price 1.71 (2m) can the price go 1.80 today, is it just day traders. Cheers

15. finicky

Hi, I'm amazed at today's strength so far. Yesterday I was pretty surprised too. That's 2 shootin star daily candles and yet today after a big gold slump overnight the price of NST up again.
    I don't know - I wouldn't be buying right now myself. Maybe it's the institutional money keen to bulk up and mop up any retail sellers? Personally I doubt the cause is traders as they would be ignoring obvious extremes in the daily chart, lol.
    Still like the quarterly & monthly outlook, but still strapped in for daily and weekly retracement

16. dollars

dollars Active Member Silver Stacker

I am biased :) I believe with NST's corporate activity over the last few quarters or so and the most recent production data this stock is in the process being revalued by the market.

I agree with the other posters views and some what surprised with today's strength. Given the dominance of the HFT computers I expect to see a series of steps, controlled price moves. I note the candle price movements in the chart I also note the stock loosely following the top bollinger band.

However if the larger investors have a bullish view on the gold industry, more particularly the Australian gold index, I believe NST exposure would be almost a mandatory stock to hold in the portfolio.

cheer$

17. GOLDPIRATE

GOLDPIRATE New Member

I like your view. This is a long term winner for sure! I entered the other month @ I think 1.14 then sold out to enter oil. Regret it of course but it was always a strong one in my books for a big big move up next year & into 2016 ;)

18. GOLDPIRATE

GOLDPIRATE New Member

WHAT A PERFORMER!!!!!

19. clear

clear Well-Known Member

gold doing nothing (well consolidating) for the last week but this stock just keep chugging away slowly. Would like to say what a STAR.

20. GOLDPIRATE

GOLDPIRATE New Member

Exactly! A solid company, regardless.