My low end targets - SLR, NCM, EVN, KCM

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by SilverSanchez, May 9, 2012.

1. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Ok these prices for these stocks would represent an extreme oversold possition

OZL OzMinerals is currently trading at book value - if you can believe it

If the sell off continues to over extreme levels - worse than 2008

Then I would expect these bottoms

Newcrest $18.30
    Evolution $1.15
    Silverlake $1.90
    Kingsgate $2.80 - 3.50 (this one is hard, coz of the dividends i put an order in at $4.70)
    Cobar - 60c (i dont think it will go below that this time unless silver dives as well)

These prices represent my Absolute Zero prices if this sell off is to surpass the GFC panic
    If you have money be careful, but bold. If you dont and believe Gold and Silver are still in a bull market hang in there this will pass

2. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

3. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

What's the context in regard to the gold price?

4. Nukz

Nukz New Member

Newcrest at $18..... yum lol

Not many people here have mentioned this before but TLS has got to be one of the best hedges against any fear in markets you could easily argue better than previous metals as of recent times.

5. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

Hell yeah, newcrest at that price would be great.. Same with the others.

6. SilverSanchez

Thats my assumption of absolute zero (as in that represents the greatest fear selloff of equities in the entire gold bull market starting from 2001)

7. Silverthorn

Telstra's dividend yield is nice but they basically pay out all their earnings in divies. I guess with the NBN they won't need to reinvest much themselves?

8. Nukz

Nukz New Member

Yea personally i like them because there sitting on a mountain of cash, they pay a quite nice div and so far the last 12 month performance has been up 35%.

9. SilverSanchez

I put in for Beadell Resources BDR at 42c as well - and thats probably my reserve cash done

10. SilverSanchez

Man - things are really getting hammered! I must say im not buying this - i have my absolute zero targets - if they dont get touched im happy - im actually scared they will in the next month :)

OHHH hold together stomach! Nerve, dont loose your nerve!

Everyone will think the commodity bull is over and new bull in stocks has started - you're all thinking of moving into stocks aren't you.... see im right, fundamentals for gold have not changed - in fact they are stronger now than sept 2010...

11. Silverthorn

NCM broke support at $24 pretty easily. I still want to buy back the 100 I sold. If they hit the 50% retracement around 22 or 21? I'll probably pick up 50 and wait and see what happens. With interest rates dropping I probably pick up something outside the goldies as well.

12. doomsday surprise

doomsday surprise Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My miners are getting caned. I have shares in GOR, IAU, KCN, RSG, AYN, NCM and OZL. The last few weeks have been a bloodbath for me. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

13. SilverSanchez

GOR has a hard bottom at 20

NCM, OZL and KCN have good fundamentals and will come back (OZL is trading below book price at the mement!)

Now when everyone was telling you the metals market was volitile you know what they ment, this is why people get scared ;)
    Listen to King World News - I find they are always positive and picks me up when I need it.

14. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

This has to be the bottom. Things were already oversold before here so this must be everyone just finally packing it in and now there's only the hardcorers left (us) or suckers if you prefer that term. :)

Only one way to go now (I hope).

15. SilverSanchez

To be honest I dont think its a bottom for gold stocks... dont let that scare you because you are right - it WAS already oversold before this - thats why there are probably even gold bulls selling the gold stocks.

This is why gold stocks ARE the place to be (IMO) - if you believe Gold is still in a bull market.
    The fundamentals for gold are getting better not worse - but i believe people will sell gold and the gold stocks even more (just to proove the insanity) - and then it will turn.... this is my opinion, not investment advice.

16. doomsday surprise

doomsday surprise Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I always listen to KWN and Eric King has been asking everyone what's going on with the miners. I have no intention of selling, but it is hard when you look at your stocks and its a sea of red every day. I believe in gold and I believe in silver, hence why I stack, and why I have shares. It's just tough out there. Silver and gold prices have come off a bit, but the amount shares are dropping has been ridiculous. Some of these shares are getting ridiculously cheap, just wish I had more money to buy at some of these levels.

17. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

Don't look at your account. I haven't looked at mine in weeks. I'm actually too afraid too now, but I know that the PM story is better than ever.

KWN doesn't help frankly. I don't find gold permabulls (or any permabulls) believeable.

Gary Savage has been talking about the bottom for awhile and it's enhanced his reputation in my eyes. Incidentally, he's got his money in the miners now. That's what helps me. When someone gets the lows and puts there money in at or near the low.

18. SilverSanchez

19. Silverthorn

funny thing with the gold stocks dropping so much the aussie gold price hasn't really done much of anything.

20. SilverSanchez

The gold price has been slowly falling with the AUD/USD ratio so it appear to us that gold is staying level - if you only look at the AUD gold price.

Any gold or silver purchase i make in the next few months will be via the etfs so as I have the oppertunity of getting the lowest price which i think is about $28 and change US - some people think it might be in the 26US region - but i don't think so.