Monitoring the Crypto Bubble

Discussion in 'Digital Currencies' started by Bullion Baron, Dec 12, 2017.

Tags:
?

Where do you think we are in the crypto bubble?

1. Very early (years left to run)

21.1%
  2. Around the middle (could still run for months or a year)

38.0%
  3. Very late (could end within days/weeks)

23.9%
  4. It's not a bubble

16.9%
  1. Scottspurs

Scottspurs Active Member

Taking pleasure in the mistakes of others is mean spirited.

Personally I would never want any of you to fall on hard times and if you did I would never rub your noses in it.

On a personally level I don't know what to make of crypto. I have invested a little but have more PM. That being said. Technology is getting more and more powerful. Microchip wallets in our hands 20 years from knows, who knows. And will they remain country based currency or a new idea, related to the block chain? Possibly.

Many poor souls lost there money and lives in the gold rush moments, for PMs you so stand by.

Crypto didn't come around and clearly gain traction and be adopted with there being some sort of reason. It`s just evolution.

Hard Money - FIAT Currency - Cheques - Cards - Bank Transfer - Eftpos

I don't think it's outlandish to think there will be a future in this. Will it be any of the current cryptos? Probably not.

Any way.

2. Scottspurs

Scottspurs Active Member

I guess I don't see it as so much as adopting a currency. It`s almost like buying shares in a non brick and mortar company, and investing in their ideas of what to do with Block chain Technology.

Dangerous of course. But life is a gamble. Could always keep the money in a bank. Low returns for.low risk.

3. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

So Gold is backed by gold? Well then, if you are arguing along that line Ethereum is backed by Ethereum. Which if you understand Ethereum is a pretty convincing argument.

4. serial

serial Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

no one is saving anyone here, we are all just voicing an opinion on a forum
    see why is it that having an opposing opinion automatically means we are incompetent? this is the common argument used by bitcoin enthusiast that I get sick of hearing, for all you know I have read all that there is to know about it and still hold the position that it is currently a Ponzi scheme when it comes to investing that requires the constant flow of new money to work as an investment vehicle and should that money stop it will collapse to its intrinsic value (yes I know some of you don't believe in the concept of intrinsic value, that is a whole different argument)
    in this case its real value is as a currency of trade and that is a hard number to quantify in the current tulip bubble market you have
    as for the tech being the future I actually believe the governments would love that, they would be able to take over and control all transactions with this tech and isolate people by simply removing their right to a wallet. either way I will stick with my gold and silver (and collectables that I like)

Gullintanni likes this.
  5. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I don't feel that sorry for people that sold their metals to go buy crypto's like bitcoin and now lost half of it. They should have known better because everything is in a bubble except for PMs. They first bought PMs to have something outside of the system that is tangible and is a preservation of wealth and then they sold their undervalued PMs to go gamble in a ponzi scheme crypto bubble. They should have known better.

Others here can talk about the block chain technology and praise it all they like but sooner or later the powers that be will use it to ban cash and enslave us all is my opinion. BM foretold that.

Gullintanni likes this.
  6. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And that's totally cool. I don't have a problem with people who don't like crypto, but I don't understand the need to come back time and time again to repeat the same anti message.

Sounds like you're doing exactly what I said and grouping all crypto's under Bitcoin, and assuming it's value is solely a currency of trade, and that in turn is what I am referring to as incompetent. This is an extremely infant market still and of course like any new market it will require new money especially in the early phases.

There's no doubt that elements of crypto are going to become centralised, and in some aspects we actually need it to be to protect investors but the simple reality is that crypto is here to stay whether you like it or not. Yes there is still a long way to go and a lot of things need to change/improve but this is not a ponzi scheme at all. More and more institutional money will continue to enter this space to fund more and more of the tech being delivered. There's already a lot of big businesses in crypto or looking to get into crypto, so again if you don't like it then fine, that's cool, and you're entitled to your opinion just like I am entitled to mine when I think anyone who calls it a ponzi is clueless

And I want to be clear that I am just giving my opinion from the opposite side of the fence to you. There is nothing personal or malice mate, just two people having a healthy debate :)

7. Scottspurs

Scottspurs Active Member

Can see why this always ends in arguements.

Personally I am interested in cryptos and want to learn. This is the Digital Currency part of the forum. Perhaps it can be kept to that.

renovator and Soprano16 like this.
  8. Ipv6Ready

Ipv6Ready Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

9. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

10. Gullintanni

Gullintanni Well-Known Member

Well that is a bit ignorant.
    Sounds like something someone who does not understand the tech would say:)

See what i did there^^^
    Lol.

serial and Soprano16 like this.
  11. Scottspurs

Scottspurs Active Member

I am curious. Is that meant to read $50000 worth of Bitconins. Or 50000 Bitcoins and whatever their appropriate symbol is, which isn't a $?

LOL

12. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

yeah pretty much. it's just that the perception has endured over many 1000's of years and generations.
    it's the reasons why that are the source for debate

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  13. whay

whay Well-Known Member

From his dumb facial expression you can tell he is talking about $50,000 worth of gold plated bitcoins from aliexpress!
    Physical-bitcoin.jpg.jpg

14. mmm....shiney!

An enduring belief or opinion. Like God? ;)

Ag bullet likes this.
  15. dozerz

dozerz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

willrocks likes this.
  16. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

down 30% BUY! BUY! BUY!!!

17. mmm....shiney!

I've got a few buys planned, just holding off waiting to see what happens and for a possible brief climb. I'm nervous because I've got some positions open on my trades and don't want to pull the pin on them at a loss. Main one is ETH at the moment. I think the market is cautiously waiting for some news on tether, if it's bad news prices will tank.

18. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

:D we need the rofl icon

19. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

buy on the dip, bro... you know it'll go back up again once romours on legalising crypto

20. Stoic Phoenix

Stoic Phoenix Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Lets look at plain and simple math for the last 6 month period.

Gold from approx $1600 to $1670 - up 4.375% (ref - goldprice.org)
    Silver from $21.00 to $21.50 - up 2.38% (ref - goldprice.org)
    BTC from $9.66k to $12.4k - up 28.36% (ref - https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/bitcoin/aud)

You need to just look at any crypto thread here to realise you would have a hard time finding anyone on this forum who BOUGHT BTC in December by selling metals.

In closing I now understand why you dont feel sorry for us buyers of crypto..... mcdr.gif

Cheers,
    Stoic

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    southerncross likes this.