Mongolia Wildlife Protection 2013 release

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by silversmith, Jan 29, 2013.

1. chicken12

chicken12 Member

They can keep them for them prices

2. silverfever

silverfever New Member

Wow. 329 Euros. Looks like I am going to have to sit this one out. Definetely no room for flipping. wouldn't mind picking one up for less than 250 Euros. Will see if I can get lucky when the dusts settles.

3. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

I agree, 329 euros is not low at all. But in this series look what we have got: out of 4 coins now, two COTY Coins of the year, one candidate for COTY 2014!! And what you expect, when any coin in this series is a potential GULO GULO Wolverine that can be flipped for $2,500 in a couple of years I think that we collectors can forget to find the coins for 150 euro like in the past.

Alex.

4. silverfever

silverfever New Member

5. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

6. mtforpar

mtforpar Member

The dutch coin was the overall winner for coin of the year. It also won in the category - Most Innovative. The others won in specific categories and were finalist for overall COTY.

7. Zman

Zman Member

Would really like to get one of these but the reality is its just not worth it at these prices. Even if it appreciates a little there is just better deals out there for making money with. (if that is your intention)

I don't necessarily want it to flip but at the same time I am always aware of my ability to do so if I need the cash or recognize it is not a coin/series that is worth holding onto. The hype has gotten so big on these that it has killed the series in my opinion. I mean it costs thousands of dollars to get the early coins in the series and the new release is pushing $500 US now. Give me a break! Do you understand how many eagles & maples you can get for those prices??? Tubes & tubes!

Just not good value anymore for this series. I am boycotting until prices come back to reality & if they don't I'll be fine stacking the many series that I do for reasonable premiums.

8. bor-che

bor-che New Member

Hi mate,

you're right with that... The Gulo Gulo costs nearly 2 grand $, the owl is also above 1 grand $, and so on... I don't buy from powercoin although they are extremely reliable but they are very greedy. They are ripping off people for the Argali, also for the Fiji White tiger, etc... Just wait for the other sellers and you'll see that it will be available for reasonable prices. :D I'll buy myself the owl and the hedgehog - I managed to get them for reasonable prices. :)

9. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

I think it is the basic law of the market of offer and demand: high request makes high prices.
    I was able to buy from powercoin at 250.00 Eur cause I was monitoring their website continuosly after the presentation of the new coin. I learnt from last year that they start selling the first pieces cheaper and they increase more and more while they sell until their stock lasts.
    So, I think that I made a good deal buying it at this price, other mail offers I got from german and polish people are from 350.00 eur and more.

I know, it is crazy, but until we all collectors stop buying at these prices, dealers keep asking big premium. I can't blame them (their job is to make money and squeeze us like lemons :p), I blame us that we buy, and I blame even more who keep buying also when price is very high.

Beside that, I bought also the new Tiffany Art 2013. This coin is so beautiful that, for me, worth the price 100%.
    I can't wait to have it in my hands, but I have to wait until March / April. Till then will keep watching the pictures :D :D :D

Alex.

10. Zman

Zman Member

Where did you get the Tiffany art coin from & what price if I may ask?

11. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

I got Tiffany from Power Coin at 449.00 Eur as soon as I saw 5 pieces available online at this price.
    The time to check out and pay and there was 1 piece left, after few minutes was "sold out". Now there is another batch of coins but price is 50.00 eur more.
    For a Tiffany Art coin I can pay this amount because I love the coins, I don't plan to flip them, even if I miss the first coins of the series cause prices are insane.

I am also 100% sure that from Power Coin I get what I buy, they are very reliable.
    In the past I bought such coins a little cheaper somewhere else but at time of delivery I only received a mail "Dear Valued Customer, we are out of stock.. bla bla bla ...waiting list... bla bla" and meanwhile on the market coin has become much more expensive.

Alex.

12. Jcoin

Jcoin New Member

I really dislike the idea of continuously increasing the price of coins in small batches. Fair enough, if they re-offer the coin after it's officially sold out - maybe a few months, or even a year or so afterwards, that's okay. But doing it in such a small time-frame is really taking the piss.

But as you said, as long as people are buying them it will continue to happen.

13. silversmith

silversmith New Member

That's what free market capitalism is all about. Supply and demand. Eventually the market (demand) will set the price. But since there is a limited supply, the price has a definite floor. While the ceiling is as high as the next collector is willing to pay. Having said that, I'm getting out of this series. I don't plan on buying the latest release. Once the "Ovis" mania hits ebay, I'll be selling my Wolverine, Owl and Hedgehog. Time to move on. There are so many beautiful coins out there and being able to trade 3oz of silver for 70+oz is just too tempting.

I think if you can get the new one for around $400-$450 you can make a profit. Any much higher and the risk is greater. If someone is buying it to collect and keep because they love the series, then I hope they can get it at a resonable price.

14. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy New Member

Well said, silversmith. This is a peculiar series. When I compare several pounds of silver to 3 or 4 ounces for the same price, I'll go with the several pounds. If and when I choose to move out of it, the several pounds of "ordinary mortal bullion" will be infinitely more liquid than a few 1oz coins that (hopefully/maybe/should) go for 1 or 2 thou apiece.
    These things are beautiful, but the price starts out nasty and rapidly moves into ridiculous. I've tried to, but I just can't stretch far enough to rationalize paying gold prices for silver.

15. Acme

Acme New Member

Well said and good thinking, silversmith.

I'll be selling my stock as well. This is getting ridiculously expensive. I've been there (Berlin) and only 2 dealers were honest enough to offer me a few coins with reasonable price. They told me that issue price is around 70 euro for this coin and the allocation process haven't been completed yet so I do not know how some dealers start selling these coin now if they do not know how many they are getting or if any at all?

16. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

Silversmith, I totally agree with you and I couldn't have said it better than you. Very wise.

Acme, I know too that issue price is around 70 euro and I have been sending mails to my contacts since last year asking I want 5, 10 pieces (1 or two to keep and rest to flip of course).
    Who offered this coin at issue price PUT THIS CONDITION: you have to buy A LOT of other coin issued from same mint and/or some old cr*p that nobody want and they have on the shelves since forever. So if I want to be able to pay this coin low, I waste much more money on other coins I don't want and they won't even sell the cost you pay them, as simple as that.

But, if you find some dealer that sells you this coin for 70,00 euro and you don't have to buy anything else in order to get it, please share with us!

Alex.

17. Acme

Acme New Member

I don't expect to get this at 70 euro because this is what they paid. But at last they share with me dealer's price. They told me that allocation process will take about 2 weeks.

18. Acme

Acme New Member

I tried to get some coins from the source (CIT) but they don't even want to talk to me :) they ask for EORI number, commerce chamber registration, etc. so simply you need to have own company to deal with them.

19. zeeman

zeeman New Member

If someone still wants them, Pariscoins have them on preoder price of only 349 Euros.

20. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

Also Intercoins Berlin have them on pre-order for 349 Euros.
    So far available at Power Coin, Pariscoins, Intercoins-Berlin for same price, I think will be hard to find much cheaper than that.

Alex.

P.S. I bought mine a little cheaper but I grabbed it just as soon as I saw listed on website. That price lasted... 5 coins :p