Market closes in 40 minutes

Discussion in 'Silver' started by sammysilver, Oct 10, 2014.

1. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I bet there are many embarrassing predictions from most people if you go back and look.

To be fair, I tried to check the spot price on a few of the days where Court Jester said silver was going sideways:

Jun 22nd, 2013: spot is AU ~ $21.?? Court Jester says "it is probably going to go lower or at the ery least sideways for many years to come"
    Aug 14th, 2013: spot is AU ~ $24.??, Court Jester says "lol it is sill trending sideways you idiot"
    Aug 22nd, 2013: spot is AU ~ $26?, Court Jester says "silver sideways for many more years to come" (in the same comment, he did say it would drop though)
    Aug 27th, 2013: spot is AU $27.48, Court Jester says "..."
    Sept 4th, 2013: spot is AU $25.53, Court Jester says: "I mean trading stabaly within a few $$$ range that is what we will see for the next few years <$30 hovering around the low to mid 20's"

and finally, if this had come about, it would have been a popular video on youtube:
    Feb 24th, 2014: spot is AU $24.??, Court Jester says: "If Silver its $36 by easter I will dip my man saussage in honey and stick it on a bull ants nest."

a) http://forums.silverstackers.com/message-535754.html#p535754
    b) http://forums.silverstackers.com/message-561168.html#p561168
    c) http://forums.silverstackers.com/message-565088.html#p565088
    d) http://forums.silverstackers.com/message-572213.html#p572213
    e) http://forums.silverstackers.com/message-643063.html#p643063

(Apologies in advance for any mistakes in the above, corrections added as I see them.)

2. Lucenzo

Lucenzo Member Silver Stacker

The only thing sideways here and like every other post sammy starts is how it gets derailed by CJ almost every time with his ever changing definition of what sideways is and how he always is changing and manipulating other users, and his own previous comments to try too justify it whilst maintaining what ever it is that he says he is always right.

The only thing sideways in the gold and silver market is way the time scale is drawn out on the graphs, so unless that is what you have been referring too all this time, you are just as sideways as your prediction.

Rant over

I Apologise on further derailment but it just had to be said.

3. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

actually my definition as pointed out above has been consistent for at least over a year -- mid to low 20's

sure we are a tad under that currently @ $18.34 but it wont last for long like I said above a small blip on an otherwise sideways period.

you will see for the next 6-12 months (most likely more ) it will generally trade within this range as I ahve predicted.

4. Court Jester

so what you are saying is I ahve been consistently saying the same thing for a long time now and generally have been correct

thank you

5. Lucenzo

Lucenzo Member Silver Stacker

Does anyone else want to agree with that what CJ has said is a prediction for a rise in spot?

That's how I read it?

6. SpacePete

You are welcome :)

This one was my favourite: Feb 24th, 2014: spot is AU $24.??, Court Jester says: "If Silver its $36 by easter I will dip my man saussage in honey and stick it on a bull ants nest."

7. Court Jester

Yes I remember that comment, it was a good thing Sammy was wrong and silver was not $36 at easter :) I am sure there would be more than a few here wanting me to make good on that promise

8. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

I agree with one thing silver has left some bad tastes in a lot of mouths and a lot of burnt fingers only people who collect numis and then the true stackers (blob) are left, all the others are gone and being told not to touch silver with a barge pole.

gee even the short financials on the news who used to list silvers rise and fall, its gone from the screen silver just disappeared.

so to get people to like it again might take awhile that turd tastes takes a while to wash out.

but in the mean time I grab a bit when I can :)

9. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Never mind! :)

10. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm struggling to say nothing about the taste of turd in the mouth!

11. SpacePete

Hey Court Jester, remember this from a couple of days ago?

12. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

Would it be in bad taste to ask what people's current running average per ounce is? I'd be curious to know what the range on the forum is but I wonder if that's a bit of a sore subject at the moment (and possibly a bit personal).

I imagine it runs at a pretty seriously wide range but I'd be curious to see what a cross section of SS averages look like.

13. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^^

I would be happy to comply, but since I have been buying since 2002/03 I have very little idea. Also as you imply, I'm one of those who really doesn't want to know right now.

14. Shippeevt

Shippeevt Member

Are the people on here that call other people idiots, and are generally talking crap about people's posts the who paid too much for there silver awhile back??

15. Shippeevt

Shippeevt Member

One just silver Blobs I'm running at about 18 usd. My eagles average 19.80 and I have I bunch of Brits I got for 18.60. And my goats are like 30.00.... But then again I just started at the end of September...

16. robertc400

robertc400 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I dont mind stating :
    I like a few here, have different types of silver (I usualy only stack silver), Ie low premium, high premium and proof.
    Hence I have a proof stack with an average price of $34 (mostly kook sets and a few PM)
    A low premium stack with an average price of $22.80 (mostly 10oz stacker bars)
    A high premium stack with an average price of $31 (mostly lunars, fractional and low premium that I paid too much for when spot was around $30)
    A stack which contains 1oz kooks only, with an average price of $33.50
    If I were to sell all the higher premium stacks and swap for low premium I would probably be averaging around $23 - $24, maybe a bit less.
    Flipping the higher premium stuff with low premium items helps lower the average, as does buying more silver as spot drops.
    Hope that helps.

17. Ghost Story

Ghost Story Active Member

I started buying in around 32 $ then bailed sold everything pretty much at 26 or there abouts and started buying back in around 22, but mostly lunars etc to try and cover spot fluctuations guess its sort of a hedge in my mind anyway :)

few blobs that don't really do it for me :D

so just a very small time speculator I guess :rolleyes:

18. phrenzy

phrenzy In Memoriam - July 2017 Silver Stacker

I'm around $20aud in mostly nicer branded bars and low premium rounds/coins. Bought some 10oz lunars and kooks for around $225 which along with some PM 1kg PM bars for $673 last week kicked it up a little but a little buying this weekend probably averaged it back down to nearly where I started.

I know I likely won't get much premium for pamp or perth mint bars vs anything else but I'm hoping they might sell or trade a bit faster when the time comes.

**edit** just worked it out at $20.71. I have some more expensive lunars and things by the don't really count as they don't really give you a good idea about the silver price average.

19. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

About seven weeks since the start of this post and we've had a dip of nearly three dollars and back to where we started. The Friday smackdown or breakout tends to set the mood for the coming week. If we're to see $21 silver by Christmas, the Christmas Eve smackdown will be the one to watch.