Lunar Dragons - Tiny Australian Dealer Allocations

Discussion in 'Lunar Forum' started by Matthew 26:14, Aug 14, 2011.

1. silversardine

silversardine Member

What about if someone wrote who knows what they are talking about, and who can get some clarity on what is happening,writes a letter that can be printed and signed by many individuals and posted en masse. I'm thinking about campaigns where conservation organisations, for example, have something pre-written for members to send to politicians about not cutting trees down in Tasmania etc..

2. silversardine

silversardine Member

....typing at the same time - yes, this is a good idea.

3. jpanggy

jpanggy Active Member

What are we all complaining to ACCC for?

Missing out on dragons that would have been a premium item?

How is that going to stand?

Dealers missing out on allocation? Making a loss because of pre selling?

That will be thrown out before it even makes a case.

Basing on spot today and prices of koalas from PM, the whole mintage is worth around 13.2 million aud.

Puny amount to be fighting for.

The government has local projects that cost more than that. This is just going to draw negative publicity to stacking.

4. Captain Kookaburra

Captain Kookaburra Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ok... Consider that getting snipy at the producers of the goods it question will probably do little other than to ensure that they never do limited edition runs at bullion prices again.

I know it sucks, but it's economics. Supply and demand means that some people will miss out. In this case, it's definitely going to be me.

Let's try and take some positives out of this. Australia makes the world most in demand world coin. Isn't that going to just increase demand, and add to the perception of high quality and henceforth $value to the silver we already have. We can't just simply not send them overseas.

Getting tied down in public criticism and written action doesn't help our cause. We want to attract more people to the world of Silver. That's why I'm here, and hopefully the world will start to give our metal of choice the attention it deserves.

It's fair enough to be miffed, but lets just show our potential stackers of tomorrow that we are above politics. After all it's crappy politicians that got us into this mess.

<end pontification>

5. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

I must agree with CK, We Silver Stackers attract many other people to our site due to the way we conduct ourselves. Let us keep our calm and deal with what is dealt out to us in a respectable way. No dragons for Maggie, thats OK.
    regards Maggie

6. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

A letter carries more weight, than a telephone call.

7. Captain Kookaburra

.. and for every letter you write to the Perth Mint, write 5 to Julia Gillard about how the NBN is a waste of money, 10 to the same address about the mishandling of the Carbon Tax and 50 to FedEx for just being general bureaucratic thieving bastards!

8. jparrie

jparrie Member

It seems to me that there is a lot of boiling blood here but very few actual facts. Lets get a statement from a dealer who was expecting a certain allocation before jumping the gun. Either that or lets see some actual facts.

9. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You sound more than slightly miffed at the moment CK.

10. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

I think you guys just need to see what the outcome is before you send the lynch mob

11. BullionDollarMan

BullionDollarMan Member Silver Stacker

sounds like CK has penned many a letter unsent :p

12. silver addict

silver addict Active Member Silver Stacker

i too will be really pi_ _ed

13. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix New Member Silver Stacker

But a lynch mob is democracy in action!!!

14. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

If that is the situation, screw the 1oz silver dragons then, my life or investment plan doesn't depend on 1oz silver dragons.... 10oz and kilo coins are fine with me

15. silversardine

silversardine Member

I don't think it is really about not getting dragons - and I assure you I am quite calm - it is the apparent lack of transparency in the PM's dealing with dealers who were told "you have X amount and now you have x amount." If that is true then I still believe there is an argument for them to pursue. If this was cars or sofas the issue would be the same - supplier reneged on deal now customers not happy. The fact that this is a product expected to increase in value simply means it is a little more personal for some folks.

Certainly there were risks in taking pre-orders both for the dealer and the purchaser, but given the PMs commitment to quality one might assume that their dealings with dealers would also be of high quality. Reneging on the amount offered does not fit with the same level of integrity in their dealings with clients as they claim for their product, whether that be dragons or koalas.

The issues such as people being unable to use their funds while waiting for dragons is a side issue, although perhaps more relevant in this economy. I have some on preorder and I suppose I may not get many at all. It would have been nice to spend that money on 2010 Pandas which were about the same price at the time(and now quite a bit more) but I trusted that the PM would hold good its arrangement with the dealers involved. But, not much I can do about it now except throw the funds into 10 ounce dragons - I love 10 ouncers. Hmmmm....except might have to sell off a few dozen koalas first!

I think there is a fine line between accepting what is served up in terms of poor treatment and creating a fuss over nothing. This is not really for the customers, that is - most of us - to pursue. It is for the dealers to seek out a solution to their own problems in regard to preallocations and to formally complain if they see fit. If required customers can offer their support - should they want to on an individual basis - by noting that they have been inconvenienced by this issue.

My two dragons worth. :)

16. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

yes - agree with sardine above - its about the perth mint screwing Aussie dealers (who rely on perth mint trade) at the betterment of foreign dealers. Can you imagine if something like this happened in the USA? There would be cries for a congressional inquiry !

17. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Im with you LTS who really cares .I dont have any dragons & couldnt give a shit if i ever own one .
    My strategy involves the most ounces for my dollars.
    I can understand some want to sell them later & make a profit .
    When the time comes to sell mine it will probably be in bulk & at a spot plus % on everything bars & coins the lot first in best dressed . so having some high premium stuff wont matter because i wouldnt charge extra for them anyway. But thats just me

18. Lunartic

Lunartic Member Silver Stacker

Only thing you can do now is hope the dealer you placed your hard earned fiat and trust with, comes through with *something* worthwhile.

You'd assume they will do what they can, because the alternative is alot of pissed off creditors, with varying degrees of tolerances! LoL

Wait and see..

19. Captain Kookaburra

Comedy [del]Gold[/del] Silver ! :D

20. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The Chinees encourage their own citizens to buy gold and silver, the American have to meet local demand first, Australia giving away everything to get overprinted US$ before we meet local demand.