Legends of Asgard: Max Relief the star of a beautiful new Odin coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by AgAuNEWS, Aug 22, 2015.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

the box does look huge, but I think (hope) it is more perception than reality. I hope I'll find out today. If I get mine today (doubtful), then I will will post pictures of all types, angles, etc...here's to hoping.

2. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

I think you are the joke here. :rolleyes:

A lot of people bought on serial number subscription, how could they cherry pick in that case

3. MasterID

MasterID Member

Did they allow customers to choose a specific serial number for the first coin? I should have bought and request for serial #1.

4. scott

scott New Member

Actually I believe they made a conscious decision to ship the international dealers first in an attempt to have all the dealers receive them at the same time. The US Postal Service was closed Wednesday for Veterans day so I think that might have factored in..

5. db23

db23 Member

No, customers did not get to choose serial numbers.

6. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Not going to happen for me. I just checked and my order only shows paid. Considering I ordered and paid on August 22nd, you would think I would have been one of the earlier shipments. Being one of the first to order and one of the last to receive is not a recipe for repeat orders.

7. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Several days ago, that is exactly what I'd mentioned to someone via private email....it's the only reason I thought of that makes sense. I'm sure I would do the same if I was producing the coin as well.

So yes, I concur with you fully.

8. mmissinglink

My First Coin Co. order arrived this afternoon and inside the parcel was a stunning Odin coin. I am very pleased.

FCC comes through again.

I will take pics within the next few days.

9. barsenault

Got 3 of mine. Yippee. Pictures are coming. Video too. Sweet Jesus. Looks great. Great job db23 and team!!

10. Northerncoins

Northerncoins New Member Silver Stacker

I don't like how there is no detail on the sides, same for the wolf head,the only detail is looking directly at the front just doesn't look right to me, but other then that its ok I guess.

[​IMG]
    Source:

11. barsenault

12. mmissinglink

When we compare any uber high relief coin or medal to the high relief Chinese medals, I think Chinese medals will always come ahead as the clear winner in terms of quality of design and strike.

db23 already noted how they were constrained in ways that high relief Chinese medal designs aren't.

My opinion is, this coin is a great start for a mint, I support the direction they decided to go (high relief), the tremendous amount of effort they've put into this coin and the accompanying presentation material, and the thoughtfulness of the entire series.

There's countless flat disc coins that are being pumped out every year by large and small mints. The vast majority of these are cheapo crap that suck in my opinion. It's a very bold move for Choice Mint to develop a series of max high relief coins as opposed to just being a part of the herd of sheep mints which pump out flat disc cheapo crap. I vigorously applaud this bold move by Choice Mint, even if the quality is not, in my opinion, comparable to the high relief Chinese medals. The Odin coin is far better than the vast majority of other coins put out this year.

13. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Member

Never mind...no sarcasm font available

14. barsenault

agreed my friend. db23, keep up the good work. Take the feedback as positive not negative. This is a FANTASTIC start to a great series. We have to remember that this is a COIN, NOT a MEDAL. There are limitations to what they can and cannot do. I have never seen a COIN with this type of relief. NEVER. I think it is exceptional. The box is awesome. I think the whole package is fantastic. Keep up the great work db23 and team. It will only raise the bar for others who want to enter this space, who will in turn raise the bar, etc...I do think the Chinese have set the standard of what high relief should be...and I'm sure in time, you'll get there, but this is a MARVELOUS 1st Edition!! GREAT JOB.

15. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

Just got mine.. Looks good.. My hissy fit is now over.

16. jcanuck

jcanuck Member

Finally got my shipping notice (Perth Bullion Company)...

17. mmissinglink

Congrats to db23 and the entire Choice Mint team for creating an outstanding product from the actual spectacular coin to every aspect of the presentation materials (boxes, inscribed metal plate on the box, COA, etc)!

And not to forget, milk spot-free coins! Yes!

Great work. Great first product. Welcome to the major leagues!

18. barsenault

And from what I'm hearing the subsequent coins will continue to get better and better. And the 1st one is a good one. Kudos to the team. If there weren't like 3 or 4 of these introduced at the same time, I think it would been an easy sell out. cant wait to see the Valkerie!!

19. picturefun

picturefun Member

Looks like dealers ALL of the world have HIGHER priority at Choice bullion, than individual buyers who directly bought from Choicebullion!

People who ordered directly from Choicebullion, as early as August 22, are the ones who get the coin Later than those who ordered from other U.S. dealers who mailed out their orders fast!

And thus these people who order directly from Choice bullion on the very first day may also get the highest COA numbers.

20. db23

db23 Member

Most dealers COA numbers are mixed with some high and some low. No single dealer will have only low or high numbers. We did EVERYTHING as fairly as we could.