Legends of Asgard: Max Relief the star of a beautiful new Odin coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by AgAuNEWS, Aug 22, 2015.

1. silverslam

silverslam New Member

i'm wondering about this as well

2. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

My order from First Coin Company was confirmed on Aug 21st. My coin's serial number / COA is 210. While this is certainly not a high serial number, that fact that my order was confirmed on 8/21 means that there's probably no real good way to guarantee that earliest purchases get the lowest serial numbers in the chronological order in which the orders were placed through various dealers. It seems wildly unrealistic to even suggest that this would be the case especially since there are numerous dealers who are distributing these coins, not just Choice Mint.

I'm reminded with this, in a way, of the people who believe that the first American Silver Eagle coins that are pulled off the stock shelves are the coins that were actually struck first on the presses.

3. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Member

You should probably consider the pros and cons of purchasing pre-sale items. If you believe you're entitled to instant gratification, pre-sale is probably not for you. If you want to save the money buying pre-sale and aren't emo, then you'll do just fine. That's just how it works.

We've all been irritated at one time or another from delays, but spouting off has never portrayed anyone in a positive light, in my experience. Several in this thread were told to calm down and that you'd get yours at about the same time as everyone else and reading those posts aren't really anything I'd want to portray myself as.

4. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

The questions I've asked are fair. When you say instant gratification, lets not forget original shipment date was mid-sept, ~1.5 months pre-sale. It is now mid November, 3 months which is double the lead time.

Are you saying, its not good to question companies why they are late and request for better communication? Also, when ordering direct from the source, why we're next to last in the distribution channel is not legitimate? These are what you would call entitled and spouting off? When you say several, obviously more than one person felt the same way about the communication.

To be clear, I've ordered several pre-sales that shipped ontime. This is my first experience with a significant delay. Please step off the high horse, I would like better service.

Cheers,

5. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

yes, I think db23 would admit that he learned from this experience of over promising and under-delivering (or else he would be giving away free Valkerie coins when they come out). If you read the first post on this thread, there is a date given. So, many had their hopes built around or close to this date. I don't think there is anything wrong with inquiring, and having a 'hissy fit' with the delivery schedule being pushed back considerably. On the flip side, db23 and team did a decent job at keeping us in the loop about the delays and challenges.

6. seXes

seXes Member

Haven't receive my coin yet :( Think it arrived to my town today, not sure. Because GLS's track and trace aint really saying much.

Of all that has received their coins, any with a low number? like under 10.

7. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

LIAR!!! :D

8. Silverpv

Silverpv New Member

Touche.

The Odin is a very nice coin. I like it a lot, the size is much better than the 2oz floating around.

9. fiveonomo

fiveonomo New Member

I hope to get a shipping notice or an email back soon, my status just says paid. I ordered one on 8-22 and then discovered the subscription, I went back and order a second one on 8-23. My order was through First Coin Company. I think I have been extremely patient, but I have to say I am ready to see what I purchased almost three months ago. Man that day can't come soon enough.

10. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

I have 2 more to go from powercoin.it, and I'll have all mine. I'm a happy camper. Yes, I'm glad this is a 3 oz and not a 2 oz coin. It gives it a nice look, and good relief. If it was 2 oz, the relief would have been minimized a great deal. Again, kudos to the choice bullion team. :lol:

11. o-to

o-to Member

I ordered mine on August 22nd.

Today I've received a notification : my coin has been sent.

Serial number indicated : #255.

12. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

I ordered from First Coin the day after ML and my order status is "paid". Geographically, I am closer to First Coin Company than New York, yet, they already have their coins. My hissy fit is just getting started.

13. mtforpar

mtforpar Member

The challenge with "good service" is that it is the person receiving the service who makes the definition. As a business entity is trying to provide good service, it is very difficult if not impossible to meet the expectations of everyone as everyone's expectations are different. Speaking for myself personally, I can emphatically state my standard of "good service" has been met and would like to say - "Thank you Choice mint for all that went into the project. Nice job!".

14. silverslam

silverslam New Member

i got my hoverboard shipping notification at least, can't wait to get this one.

15. sk

sk New Member

I ordered from First Coin on 8/22 and my status haven't changed from "paid" either. I don't understand how ML can already have his while ours haven't even shipped yet.

16. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

I ordered on 8-22 as well and they still have not shipped mine either , pretty disappointing, september, october now november and still nothing but others are getting theirs????

17. chicken12

chicken12 Member

If you was a seller and someone spent thousands with you and others spent hundreds who would you look after first??
    Never seen so much complaining as there is on this thread, Patience people!!!!

18. db23

db23 Member

A few of our larger distributors have only received about 1/2 of their allocations and are still awaiting the rest which will be sent to them over the next couple days as we are still packing them up. All distributors should likely have the rest of their coins by the end of this week or very early next week. It's entirely possible they shipped everything they received so far and are just waiting for more. Again this was the best way of getting all of them some coins so they could start shipping. So you should continue to blame us for the delay and not them.

19. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

Thanks for doing a good job keeping us posted here , and good of you to explain this and take responsibility.
    Looking foreword to seeing the coin in person.

20. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I don't think we want to ever see a dccpa hissy fit....after all, there is no other planet in the solar system that is habitable. :lol: