Legends of Asgard: Max Relief the star of a beautiful new Odin coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by AgAuNEWS, Aug 22, 2015.

1. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

db I can blame them for the lack of communication and I don't recall you mentioning this earlier.

"2015-10-29 08:25:04

db23

Re: Legends of Asgard: Max Relief the star of a beautiful new Odin coin

Wood boxes arrived earlier this week. Coins are being packed up and prepared for shipping to dealers. We hope to have a bunch of dealers allocations shipped this weekend and will work into next week to get them all shipped.

It will take a few days for shipments to get to dealers, but everyone should be pretty happy very very soon."

So on October 29, we were to expect all the coins to be shipped to dealers before the end of the next week. All the coins were not shipped during that time period and until today, you did not correct your previous statement. Now, 18 days after your original post, you are still talking about packing up coins to ship. This is past ridiculous.

2. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Probably what db23 stated is the reason why (that the dealers didn't receive all coins yet from CM and the one's they did receive were all sent out to fill whatever orders they could).

I have been buying coins from First Coin Company since my very early days into my precious metals consciousness (around 3 years now). I haven't made FCC rich by any stretch of the imagination with my small purchases but I always express my gratitude to them because they have always provided excellent service to me as a customer.

I never ask to rush ship my orders or make my orders a priority (I don't have that sort of juice with any dealer) and I didn't do that with this Odin coin either. I just got lucky as I'm sure some others (who may not even be SilverStacker forum members) who ordered early too, did as well. I honestly wouldn't mind getting my coin last because I have no intention of flipping it and I am a fairly patient person when it comes to such things.

Regardless, I hope all those who ordered get it in a reasonable time frame. It looks like db23 and the small crew at Choice Mint are working hard to get out as many as possible. The entire presentation looks very professional and high end so I know they are not rushing to the point where they are skimping on quality.

3. mmissinglink

4. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Member

I didn't say your questions weren't fair. I used your post as it was the most recent, but there were plenty on here that were pissing and moaning from start to finish.

I call bull manure on your 3 months. It stated pretty clearly mid sept and it's now mid nov, unless a new month was added in between, that's 2 months and we were all told there were further delays.

My point was this. If you bought a new concept coin on pre-sale and expected everything to work out perfectly, you've probably not purchased many new concept products on pre-sale. Honestly, when I read mid sept I was expecting mid to end of oct, knowing that unless development is 100% complete and production in place, I should expect delays. Seen that too many times to count, so lowering my expectation and not believing I was entitled to be put at the front of the line because of where or when I ordered is how I roll. Crying, bitiching and moaning might get you moved up in the line, but the animosity it builds is not worth it.

5. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

I got all mine. I'm happy. lol.

6. seXes

seXes Member

Yeah I got mine today also. One lovely coin, and nr 321 aint bad.
    [​IMG]

7. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

8. mmissinglink

Great photo seXes!

9. barsenault

10. Wafdawg

Wafdawg Member

Purchased mine through Power Coin so still waiting on my order of 3. Paid $600 for the 3 with shipping. Noticed the eBay listings and no price change ($239) even though these are no longer pre-sale but are actually "available". Without question my purchases were speculation. I think I will not be profitable from these. No sale on eBay since October 22nd. No chance I will pre-order on Valkyries. I think they will be available at issue price or lower after release date if I feel compelled to complete a set in the series, if a series is actually minted.

11. db23

db23 Member

12. barsenault

yeah, wafdawg, what are you looking at anyway? lol. Just put it for sale for $300.00, in time you'll get it. :)

13. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

14. barsenault

lol. :D:D

15. Wafdawg

Wafdawg Member

$300? in my dreams! My apologies, I did a lazy search for "Odin 3 oz silver" so I guess it missed a few, apparently 3 to be exact at $239.99. How much do you think an auction starting at .99 would go for?

16. Wafdawg

Wafdawg Member

On second thought, maybe i should put them up for $400 or best offer! :D:lol:

17. barsenault

I don't know, but I don't plan to find out, you? :eek: Perhaps it will take time for the news to spread for this series to continue to catch 'fire' around the world? Maybe with the 2nd release, more and more folks will buy in...who knows. I certainly don't. If I knew the answers, I'd create my own series, and make some dough. :lol: Maybe it is a good thing these aren't moonshooting, you know? We know moonshots end in tears, more times than not. Unless you happen to be lucky enough to unload on the moonshoot. I'd much rather have a slow, steady climb over time. But again, what do I know. :p

18. mmissinglink

There is no guarantees....every purchase comes with some risk. Sometimes the risk turns to reward...sometimes it doesn't. I'm sorry to have to break the news, but that's just the way life is.

You could consider yourself very fortunate if you only recently started purchasing silver. Unlike many of us here who have been buying for a few years or more, not so many years ago we were paying double and even triple of what you are paying today for the same ounce of silver.

3 years ago, this Odin coin would have cost on pre-sale noticeably (perhaps even considerably) more than the $200 you paid....I'm sure of that.

My friendly advice, keep it in perspective.

19. andrewlee10

andrewlee10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hope not many people to buy this for flipping ;)

I am one of the flipper for this case BUIT I only buy 2. I likely to keep one.

20. Scope

Scope New Member

Think it will be a slow steady climber. It's the wrong coin to buy if you're looking to flip. Wouldn't be much profit left after ebay's exorbitant fees. Slow rise in value is more more healthy anyway.

Really liking this coin. Looking forward to the next release!

[​IMG]