Is Tax a neccesary evil ?

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by renovator, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I'm with you 100% mate! The problem here is there are too many sheep who have got the vote - and so you and i will continue to be shorne too

2. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Im outside your window ...... Im outside your window ..... Whats that knocking sound ? :)

Geez yip even those blanks are duds have you changed to a paintball gun ?

3. doomsday surprise

doomsday surprise Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I don't keep any system propped up. I don't vote so how is it possible to prop up the system? You're the zombie here - living in your zombie fantasy land that's not going to happen. If you really want to make a difference then take up arms against the state. I dare you. I'll even have some admiration for you. Otherwise you're just whinging away, acting like a troll and generally doing nothing except propping up the system you despise.

4. doomsday surprise

Mate , are you a five year old? Can you even read? You're just trolling yet again. Go read post 116 again. You got nothin Yippee. When you actually learn some history up to something past grade 2 level come back otherwise go troll under some other bridge. :)

5. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Yet, you talk like a state-sponsored, needing force to make people pay you for anything including nothing and harm.
    And arms?
    There is a smarter and more efficient way to bring down the system: avoiding the tax (that includes fiatmoney creation).
    By for ex. swapping savings to real assets (alike precious metals) on carefully chosen price-moments.
    And that's just one example.
    There are a myriad examples.
    All together, they brought your 'system', governments/banksters/their interest groups, the current crisis.
    Without arms.
    Just some speculation, and look how they struggle already 4 years, to keep paying for power/influence/dependency.
    You indeed don't prop up any system.
    You are no agent.
    You just talk like a zombie in line with 'who gets the kings shilling does the kings bidding'.
    And that's indeed no own voice / vote.

6. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

+100

7. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

What an ignoramus! keep flappin' :lol:

8. doomsday surprise

If there's one ignoramus then it's you Yippee. Good response btw. So what you're saying here is that the British empire didn't help Britain in the least? Ok, I know you're not one for believing anything that you read, but take it from me, the British empire made Britain extremely wealthy/powerful for almost 200 years. Just because they've squandered that doesn't make it any less true. Like I said - go read some history. Oops sorry, history is all made up isn't it? Nice one Yippee. Stay ignorant forever and keep trolling.

9. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I actually do enjoy reading up on history which is why my general knowledge is above par.
    I do accept your point about the British Empire being a great power for some 200 years.
    I just thought that you stated it in a slightly smug way though.

Apologies if i misconstrued your point.

10. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

No, the British empire fed off of the people making the money. The traders and merchants. And also, took taxes off the countries it controlled with brute force. Just ask the Americans. There was never anything fundamentally good about the British Empire (or any empire) and this is coming from a Brit. I remember even now some people idolise it and look back at it fondly. I always thought it was revolting. If it was what made Britain wealthy then that wealth was undeserved.

And the winners write history. Why do you think no-one got in trouble for fire-bombing Dresden in WW2? And why it's never taught in schools?

11. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You could ask an Australian.

Ever heard of the Eureka Rebellion in 1854? Mining Licences were taxation without representation and the Miners, who were from all over the World and not just Countries of the British Empire, demanded a better and fairer setup. Around 30 people were killed in a Civil uprising over it.

The outcome was the right to vote for their own nominated candidates in free and fair elections and a reduction in the Miners Licence fee to a reasonable level.

The Leader of the Rebel Miners was named Peter Lalor. He lost an arm during the conflict but survived and went on to become an elected Member and one of the early Speakers of the Australian Parliament.

Sorry for anyone who doesnt give a stuff about Aust history. I do.

12. hawkeye

These were all before the modern era. Before the Industrial revolution.

I'll try to explain why I think Australia will NEVER be invaded.

Let's take China as the potential invader. (It's usually China or Indonesia people pick).

So let's say China comes down here and invades and succeeds and takes over the government in Canberra. Now what? In order to extract any value out of the country, ie taxes, they are going to have to let us be relatively free. Or else, it is just going to be like Iraq or Afghanistan or wherever where the situation is more trouble than it is worth.

Now look at the situation from the Aussie's side. We have been expecting democracy and to be able to elect our politicians. Now we suddenly have a dictatorship. Do you think Aussies would accept that? Maybe they put taxes so low and the economy is so prosperous that we wouldn't care. But if that's true what would have been the point for the Chinese of invading. Put taxes too high, economy starts struggling, people get restless. In that situation, how do you think 23 million people might feel about having an illegitamate government?

Do you think the Chinese haven't considered this? I bet if anyone brings up the idea in the Chinese govt it gets a good belly laugh. They know they can get what they want and need much cheaper by buying it. War happens when countries don't get the goods they need, which is why protectionism is so dangerous. Which is why the biggest threat to our prosperity is our own government and always has been. When goods don't cross borders, armies do.

And that my friend is why Australia will never, ever be invaded again.

EDIT: added again

13. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

Wasn't that the only time in Australian history that people rebelled against the overbearing authority of government?

14. hawkeye

You say you have been where a lot of these guys are and it's futile. Can you please elaborate on where exactly you were and what you tried to do about it?

15. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Where ? fighting the system you cant beat . What i tried to do about it doesnt belong on the internet

16. hawkeye

Yep, bluffing just like I thought. I'd love to play poker with you, Reno. You're so easy to read.

17. doomsday surprise

What history is being rewritten here? Did the British empire not dominate the globe for almost 200 years? I never said it was good or bad because that's totally irrelevant to the point I made. The point is - Britain, by invading a number of other countries and using those countries resources etc, it became a very wealthy and powerful nation. I don't see how you can deny this fact.
    Furthermore, this has happened throughout history by different countries, city-states, tribes etc (depending on what time in history you're looking at) and has benefitted the invaders immensely.

18. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

I dont believe China would be much interested in extracting taxes from the Australian populace. Instead, I believe they will simply be interested in extracting raw materials from the ground. They would leave us to go about our daily business in peace, as long as that does not involve mining, which they will of course take over 100%.
    Furthermore I believe that Australia has in fact left itself open to not only invasion, but to relatively easy servitude thereafter by any conqueror, eg China, for the simple reason that our government thought it a good idea to disarm the civilian population.
    Switzerland is a good example of a country that has never, and will never be invaded - quite simply because they (the Swiss) are armed to the teeth, and would be a nightmare for any occupying power to vanquish - without considerable loss to any occupying force. It is also the reason for such a low crime rate in Switzerland, but that is a bit off topic.

again, with all due respect, but the Australian government has all but insured that we are a soft target for any occupying power by conveniently disarming the entire population, bar the criminals of course. However, those (criminals) who are untouched by government disarming legislation are of no significance to any occupying power.

19. Auspm

Auspm New Member

I think in discussing this point, people are missing the very obvious.

China doesn't need to walk in here with all guns blazing, it's been far easier to dump US dollars in our local markets to buy up commodities, resources, manufacturing and residential interests with full blessing of our local leaders.

Population floodgates are opened with immigration at record levels over the last decade from this region, which will (over time) ensure the local Anglo population is bred into a minority station, further enabling the integration of asian influence by political, democratic majority.

I really don't know why people are bothering to discuss this from a military perspective when Australia is already being taken over by peaceful, economic means.

In a few generations from now, the 'sun tanned anglo aussie' will be a thing of the past - just another chapter in our history.

All political leadership in Australia wants us to be a 'player' on the Asian scene looking ahead and they're making every effort to ensure this happens on all levels.

Whilst you're looking under the bed for the yellow boogey man, your government is standing at the open front door saying 'come on in'.

This is the future of Australia, so people are just going to have to learn to deal with it.

20. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^ Before Australia, how long until China owns Siberia through secession or purchase?