Interesting Charts Thread

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by finicky, Oct 15, 2016.

1. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:rolleyes:
    This comment turned out a bit rubbish.
    The stock is 'technically' in a daily downtrend now - lower high and now the prior low has been passed.
    Price of Nickel? Don't know.

Independence Group (IGO) daily
    [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/1893_igo.gif][​IMG][/imgz]

Price Nickel AUD 1 month
    [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/1893_graphengine.png][​IMG][/imgz]

2. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

3. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

4. finicky

Other coments on ACX above.
    ACX, most shorted stock on asx, giant p/e and price/ book values, fantastic growth runway if you believe the pundits.
    Just announced significant revenue and very large ebitda outlook downgrades.
    Price down over 30%, has been down closer to 40%
    Is it a buy now?
    Not if you're taking rule of thumb target of head and shoukders pattern. I take mechanical targets with grain of salt though, and very tempted to make a first buy of this fantastic looking company.

ACX daily
    [imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/1893_acx_jan30.gif][​IMG][/imgz]

5. finicky

Vocus Group (VOC)

Has been looking good for confirming a significant low. Small candle bodies as it consolidated around $4. Two higher lows, now break above local resistance of 4.50 and a higher high (daily)

Reported H1 today.

Disc: not held

6 mths daily chart
    [​IMG]

6. finicky

^^^
    I have now bought some VOC based mainly on the chart, and VOC is still most likely a buy, in my unqualified opinion only (imuoo)

Today's highly interesting chart is discretionary retailer Noni B (NBL). I dont follow retailers and Noni B is a company that i dismissed years ago as low quality. But arguably sometimes a fair company is a buy at a cheap price. The time to spot the opportunity is when it is being thrown away. Now it is 3x the price at the lows. In hindsight only, there were prolific signals this was going to launch ....

NBL decade monthly
    [​IMG]

7. finicky

Here is a quality retailer that I have on watch for a possible cheaper entry, RCG Corp Ltd (RCG)
    The monthly chart could have more downside, as the trough between the last two highs was broken by February's long negative candle on high volume.

The company seemed on the surface to report quite well for the Dec Half, but analysts have commented that the results were mixed across the different businesses.
    One of the things that attracts me is the latest acquisition, Hype DC, where there are suggestions that Hype DC's online expertise will modernise the sales platform for all of RCG's other shoe selling businesses.
    https://internetretailing.com.au/shoe-retailer-plans-e-commerce-launches/

RCG decade monthly
    [​IMG]

8. finicky

RCG still slicing downwards. New earnings downgrade announced today. No immediate chart reason to buy, as it would be just guessing the LOW. I would need more fundamental grasp, so left floundering as usual.

RCG dly 6 mths

Attached Files:

9. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's a huge drop today on heavy volume. Will watch tomorrow to see if it follows through because sometimes these massive selloffs can be great for bargain hunting.

10. finicky

Most interesting ...
    Considering a buy

Vita Group (VTG)
    2 yr weekly chart
    Vita Group.gif

10 day hourly chart
    VTG 10 day hourly.gif

11. finicky

Another booboo
    VTG - another drop :oops:
    Down more than 30%
    Tried my hand for just 1,000 @ $1.51
    Announcement today opened with sweetner of record fy17 ebitda outlook, but next paragraph is all sellers are focused on, with shops licensing agreement with Telstra still under a cloud and vague.

VTG 15 minute chart
    VTG Thurs.gif

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  12. Sid

Sid Member

You got balls finicky. I have been burnt enough trying to catch falling knives. But risk = reward, good luck to you.

13. Sid

Sid Member

I went long on API after it broke resistance at $2.12 and held. Jumped on the break and seems to be retracing a little from $2.38 high. Medium term bullish.

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 10.33.58 am.png

14. finicky

Hi, not at all. I go very conservative these days, having been close to wiped out years ago from 'investing in' spec resource micro-caps.
    1,000 shares in a here-to-now high ROE, high yield company which has already had the stuffing knocked out of the s.p doesnt take much nerve. I hoped no-one took much notice of my first post.

P.s that API chart does look 'interesting'

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    BuggedOut and Sid like this.
  15. BuggedOut

BuggedOut Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Kudos to you finicky for having the balls to take the position and then admit to the loss when it went bad.

You can't win them all, but from what I've seen of your strategy and style you are going to be someone who wins more than they lose. At the end of the day it is the only thing that counts.

PS - Keep posting those charts. I like to lurk here now and then ;)

finicky and Sid like this.
  16. finicky

I am a stubborn holder of Imdex (IMD), but couldn't possibly endorse it as a business. Management have shown themselves to be strategic numpties over the years and look at what I've had to endure with the share price over the years. I made the rare effort of emailing the M.D about 4 years ago asking if there was any relief in sight for myself and many associates and followers who had millions tied up in his underperforming company. He rushed a reply to me reassuring that it looked like the mining investment cycle was bottoming. This was before great losses were ahead and Imdex's heavy investment into a new oil and gas servicing division (for diversification and to take advantage of bottom of the cycle opportunities) dealt the company a body blow and was pretty much written off. Then the imbeciles contemplated a new share issuance at rock bottom prices to pay off the debt that they'd taken on for the oil and gas division's acquisitions and development.

Too embrassing to link the thread in which I discussed Imdex (IMD), but anyone who enjoys a cruel laugh can access it.
    Position: held
    Sentiment: none

The chart is interesting because you can see the monthly rising bollinger band tentatively broken to the upside by the price, the shallow head and shoulders resistance neckline at 75c with a likely early break ( price today is ~80c), the massive positive volume and big candle back a year ago.

Imdex 5 year montly
    big.gif

Sid likes this.
  17. finicky

IPH Ltd (IPH) All Data weekly
    big.gif

18. finicky

Some investment company called Tiger Metals has been buying shares in KCN. Share price was up 18% today.
    Kingsgate has a silver-gold project in Chile undergoing definitive feasibility study.
    Has a moth-balled gold mine in Thailand which might be resurrected at significant cost. Thailand is a ridiculous place to try to do mining business, so interest should only be speculative imo.
    Position: hold 2,000 shares.

Monthly Chart:
    Monthly volatility bands have narrowed and price could pierce the upper band soon. Been 7 years since that happened. Candle bodies are small, yet positive volume (where each month's close is higher than prior month's close) has amped up and been consistent. Evidence of positive divergence of momentum.

Kingsgate (KCN) monthly chart
    KCN mthly.gif

19. finicky

I mentioned (RCG) earlier on this thread and had been considering a buy. The code for RCG has been changed to AX1 and the company's name changed to Accent Group.

For my risk appetite these days the price might have got away. Last week a billionaire hotshot with heavy duty retailing experience bought 64,000,000 shares off market at a 20% premium to the market at 95 cents a share. The combined group’s brands now include The Athlete’s Foot, Hype DC, Platypus Shoes, Podium Sports, Skechers, SHUBar, Merrell, CAT, Vans, Dr. Martens, Saucony, Timberland, Sperry Top-Sider, Palladium & Stance.

Charting points: the weekly chart shows two strong weeks of positive volume. Price gapped up on last week's announcement. Price seems to have nailed down a base at 70c and full stopped it with a weekly hammer candle. The last two weekly candles dramatically broke the year long downtrend resistance line and momentum registers as strong.

AX1 ex RCG wkly.gif

scott_reeve and wrcmad like this.
  20. finicky

WPL QTRLY
    WPL ALLDATA QTRLY.gif

BHP QTRLY
    BHP ALL DATA QTRLY.gif