How many people stack silver?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SilverLove, Feb 23, 2013.

1. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

Well i have done the research required to give everyone here a firm number on stackers.
    From what i have seen and read and talked to people about the numbers are +/- 2.
    Drum roll please.........
    The number of stackers worldwide is 6.
    If anyone has any further questions please just email me:)

2. kramer

kramer Member

Add me to that number please ;) Round 50 stacker hehe. Seriously though it would be a very low percentage of the population.

3. isnevan

isnevan New Member

I would guess well under 1%. For anyone who wants a laugh, checkout Mark Dice's latest YouTube video. He stands in front of a coin shop in Encinitas, California with a 10oz bar of Silver and asks a whole bunch of people if they'd buy it off of him for $10, even dropping it to 99cents several times. NO ONE WAS EVEN REMOTELY INTERESTED. The meek shall inherit the earth my friends. The vast majority of the population are totally clueless to what sound money is. Keep stacking.

4. sterling-nz

sterling-nz Well-Known Member

"The meek shall inherit the earth"?
    So you somehow think that after all is said and done the weak(meek) will inherit the earth, LOL.
    Good luck with that TEHEHEHEHEHE

5. isnevan

isnevan New Member

By that I just meant that the "meek" i.e. financial literate and responsible will be on the receiving side of the biggest wealth transfer in history. Not those leveraged to the hilt driving fancy new cars and living in McMansions.

6. palmbird

palmbird New Member

I am from Belgium.I am also a numismatic coincollector.As a member of everal forums in Belgium,The Netherlands and Germany i can say that more than 90 procent of themhave more than 1 silvercoin.I see 2 grups of numismatics here.Numismatic collectors of silver and gold coins and a few other coins.I can sure youy that most of them have more silver cons than ypu expect.This numismatic coins have average weight og take 10 gram(1:3 oz.Most of them colect them in maps(20 coins a page and average around 15 pages in a coinmap.Most of them have 2 or 3 maps.So average silver numismatic coin collectors here have around 300-450 silver coins.Thatmakes 100-150 ouces of silver.In the Netherlands there are a lot of numismatic silver guldens(pre euro period) so over there the average number wil be larger than in Belgium.
    The second group of numismatic coin collectors are more euro coin collectors.
    The one who really collect them UNC(new) have always a few silver coins alo because there in euro coins of 5,10,20,25 in silver.Euro collectors in the Netherlands and Belgium have most of the time only 1 to 5 silver euro's average.However in Germany there is really a lot of euro collectors( i don't know why but Germans are crazy about rare euro coinsand pay a lot for them.In Germany they mint also more different euro coin series in silver.o numismatic colectors there have mre silver coins in there collection.I hear that Germany will start for the first time witheuro coins in 999 silver,first coin for 25 years aniversary of one Germany.
    How many euro collectors in Belgium?I think 1:1000.
    Most euro coins in Belgum have a mintage of 10000.There are 11 million people in Belgium.Not every euro coin collector buys a lot of silver coins but only mostly 1 a year 1 i 2 years.So the euro collectors don't have average more than 10 silver coins i expect.
    There are less pre numismatic collectors than euro collectors.Maybee 1/5000 real collectors.
    But my point is that coin collectors have more silver coins around here then you expect.I know 2 of them that have more than 20 maps of 300 coins(that makes over 6000 coins.