Home robbery in Brisbane

Discussion in 'General Precious Metals Discussion' started by Lunty, Jan 1, 2014.

1. galaxier

galaxier New Member

Just saw an online news article and saw this thread.

This is not a nice thing to happen to anyone. Stay strong and hope the cops can find the scu*bags who did this to you.

2. klacey

klacey New Member

So sorry to hear this happen. It really p**ses you off that people will do this to each other, just because the other is doing well for themselves. I feel for you and your family. I never keep silver at home, as im very paranoid and im glad i am.

3. Riyder

Riyder New Member

Condolences to you- is a truly low act.
    for someone who has risked so much for us , only to be targeted by the below human scum we have in our societay is devastating
    my thoughts are with you

4. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's a very low act. Hope the barstards get caught.

I wonder how many of these have to happen before fellow stackers realize home storage isn't a good option. Especially in a safe.

5. markcoinoz

markcoinoz Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi Lunty.

Like everyone else here, I am really sorry to hear this.

Weather it was a random attack or premeditated, I think it is a wake up call to all of us
    to be careful in how we give out our address details when posting or receiving items.
    We have a lot of guests viewiing this site.
    A P.O. Box imo is mandatory if you are trading.

Lunty, when you get all the details of the items stolen, could you list them in the Members section
    rather than in the public space? You don't know who may be watching.

At least you have a lot of eyes and ears open to anything that may be suspicious and hopefully
    there is a break through.

6. Revils

Revils Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

7. Maxwell

Maxwell New Member

Mate

Really sorry to hear about this, it's evryones nightmare.

PM sent

Regards

Max

8. Dimechs

Dimechs New Member

Saw this in the Courier Mail this morning. I am grieved to hear about this...I feel for you.

I had my house ransacked in Zillmere a few years back and lost a significant amount of valuables (the aspley/kedron/carseldine/zillmere area is rampant with crime and I have since moved). The worst part wasn't so much the loss of these things, it was the feeling that someone had been creeping around my house while I wasn't there. The police found the burglar but couldn't press charges because he was underage (and I didn't get my stuff back either..).

There is hope they will get caught Lunty, don't get trapped in an emotional spiral.

Condolences,
    Seb

9. ojame

ojame New Member

If it's an off the shelf router then no (99% - can't find a source that covers all). Routers won't log scanning requests from devices, but will probably have a hidden log somewhere of connected devices (which is useless in this situation). While it is possible to log all IPs that have ever 'interacted' with a WIFI network, it requires a fair bit of work and is not 'out of the box' functionality.

Security cameras are cheap as chips these days. Here's a list of what JB HiFi have - you'll be able to source cheaper stuff online. There are cameras these days which stream to the internet in real time, logging the last 24hrs or so of activity - there's no way for the thieves to destroy the 'tapes'. Put one near your stack, one outside (to record maybe a car used?) and it's some actual evidence. All for a few hundred bucks - worth it.

For the more technically minded, I'm playing around with fake bars and low energy consumption GPS, it's slow going though.

10. GBN

GBN Member

Although I've never met Lunty and don't live in Brissy, I can't read about this terrible act and not pass on my condolences.
    I hope you or the police find the bastards.

All this talk of safes and safe deposit boxes is missing the point - even if your stack is out on display on your front porch it's still theft.
    How Lunty stored his stack is his business, he is in no way to blame for this crime.

That said, the deeper you bury, the longer the thieves will have to dig.

All the best mate, may fortune favor you in 2014.

11. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

12. bird1dog

bird1dog New Member

Mate,

Read the story today in the Tele, sorry to hear about your loss, hope you can get back on your feet soon.

Good luck Birdy

13. dross

dross Active Member

Lunty I feel your pain mate & hope these scumbags trip up & get caught, jailed & left to rot. This is the first I'm hearing about it, I don't read the papers or watch main stream news. As much of a pain in the butt as it can be sometimes, offsite secure storage (insured) is the way to go, You'll be able to sleep a lot better, I know I do since doing so.

I hope your PM's are returned, the police do their job, the courts do their job & your life can be put back on track with the lease amount of stress on you your family mate.

14. sjm

sjm New Member

I would have a very sick feeling walking around the house and finding its been burgled, I saw the news clip and it shows the safe , in hindsight a thicker stronger safe may have bean better but then again the shitheads may have torched or cut it open anyway , who knows? Hope the Police catch these parasites...........

15. roscoebuddy

roscoebuddy Member Silver Stacker

I saw a link to this story on the internet and immediately thought it would have to be someone here. Very sorry to hear that mate. It's a bad enough feeling having someone go through your house and take smaller, invaluable items but to have something taken away from you that has taken so much, thought, time, hope and money, must just be devastating to say the very least.
    I really do hope it was insured, and if not here's to catching the thieving bastards.

Maybe we could start a 'Lunty' fund and donate one ounce of silver each, not that it would equate what he has lost.

16. hihosilver

hihosilver New Member

I know this is to good to be true but is a free service ? :/

17. Stacked

Stacked Member Silver Stacker

Collect your parcels when it suits you

You're not always home to receive your parcel, so why not have it delivered somewhere more convenient? Start sending your items to a 24/7 Parcel Locker or a Parcel Collect location - for free*

18. Rick4691

Rick4691 Member Silver Stacker

hi lunty I too feel for you and after recent incidents my stack was moved today. Any lowlife who does this without working for a living as you have done, and put their life in danger as you have done, deserves the full force of the law come down upon them.

19. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Just saw a revised Channel 10 story air. They opened with 'an online bullion forum' could be linked with the robbery.

20. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

Roscoe,

If that gets off the ground, give me a call.

OC