GOLD IS TANKING OMG!!

Discussion in 'Gold' started by REDBACK, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Wikipedia:

Here are a couple of history's turds who were preparing to "crack down" on their population. Today, it is reported, Greek politicians are afraid to walk the streets alone at night.

Nicolae Ceauescu 26 January 1918[1] 25 December 1989) was a Romanian Communist politician. He was General Secretary of the Romanian Communist Party from 1965 to 1989, and as such was the country's last Communist leader. He was also the country's head of state from 1967 to 1989. Ceauescu's second decade was characterized by an increasingly brutal and repressive regimeby some accounts, the most Stalinist regime in the Soviet bloc. It was also marked by a ubiquitous personality cult, nationalism and a deterioration in foreign relations with the Western powers as well as the Soviet Union. Ceauescu's government was overthrown in the December 1989 revolution, and he and his wife were executed following a televised and hastily organised two-hour court session.

Louis XVI (23 August 1754 21 January 1793) was a Bourbon monarch who ruled as King of France and Navarre until 1791, and then as King of the French from 1791 to 1792, before being executed in 1793.

Who knows what the future holds, esp. for any country where most citizens are armed. Remember the Rodney King riots? Hell, and that was just Los Angeles, and they had to bring in the National Guard.

2. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix New Member Silver Stacker

And perhaps this is the reason firearm laws in Australia are so restrictive. An armed populace means the government and its servants have to be a lot sneakier!!!

3. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Sweet :D

"Controversial detentions could soon be commonplace in the U.S. - with the National Defense Authorisation Act coming into effect this Thursday. The law, that many fear spells the end of American democracy, grants the government and the military unprecedented powers to detain US citizens indefinitely, without trial."

Reminds me of the Bee Gees, and their song "Boogie Nights" :p

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXjR24iLJ9k[/youtube]

4. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

That should take care of the Bix weirs of this world! :/

5. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Probably executed by peasants from Champagne :mad:

6. No1joey

No1joey Member Silver Stacker

No land tax on apartments.

7. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Body corporate still has to be paid, still, not having to pay land tax would make it harder for them to take your property.

8. No1joey

Body corporates & interest are deductibles on investments.

9. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

They still have to be paid up front though, and the money returned at tax time? I don't know, I have always bought houses on land, never been interested in units because I do not want to pay body corporate.

Besides the gov could decide to slap on enough OH&S regs to rental properties to cause real pain, plus have you up on obscure laws they just brought in etc. If they bring in some new fibro regs my entire rental property would have to be taken down, wall, roof and fences.

As it is I already pay plenty in insurance just to make sure my tenants don't wreck the place and trip in the debris.

Do you have death duties in Australia? Inheritance tax? If not, you will eventually, you didn't have VAT for a while but you got there in the end. If they don't know you have it they can't tax it or take it off you.

I have my rental properties to make me money, I have my precious metals to keep it.

10. No1joey

Our last prime minister John Howard brought in GST and it worked a treat our economy became one of the strongest in the world and withstood the 2008 GFC Like it never happened. Mind you that wasn't the only reason why our economy was so good. He also had a very good immigration and refugee status basically it was "sorry were full" kind of stance. No wasted money on refugees. Oh also he knew right from wrong, our indigenous population wanted an official "sorry" for genocide 200 years ago, he never gave in also refusing to say "sorry" for something that happened before he was born. They actually wanted a national sorry day. Then to the credit of all the morons of this country our best prime minister was voted out for our worst, Kevin Rudd. Who has no balls, straight away caved and said sorry to the aboriginals, and guess what happened after that? There next slogan in their campaign for free shit was "let's finish what we started" if you say sorry you are admitting you did something wrong, even though I agree it is wrong you don't apologize for something that happened 200 years ago.

Then throw in no more immigration policy and a carbon tax and you may see how I feel our current labor government is about as useful as an arsehole on my elbow.

11. Prior

Prior Member Silver Stacker

Kevin never actually said sorry to the aboriginals. If you listen to the speech he made he said "I say sorry". He only said sorry and never actually apologized to anything or anyone.

If he had of actually apologized, the natives would of got more compensation which is what they really want.

12. grumpy

grumpy Member Silver Stacker

"as useful as an arsehole on my elbow.

I'm sure you could find a use for it; the one under your nose is doing ok for you.

Grumpy

13. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I thought we withstood the 2008 GFC on the back of the mining industry?

14. No1joey

"Kevin said sorry but he never actually said sorry...." sounds about as logical as actually voting for him.
    He was all for "reconciliation" something John Howard had the balls to say piss off to.

And grumpy sounds like I've touched a nerve of your beloved labor party.

Labor voters - stuff the future of my country for my kids, I want $10 a week in tax breaks so I can buy a couple more schooners at the pub after work.

15. No1joey

We withstood it because Peter Costello is a financial genius. Surplus every year.

Labor has never brought the budget to surplus since I've been alive to date. I have not a clue why people vote for them... Maybe because their called labor? Aussie battler blue collar Joe thinks that means it's the right political party for him. Sad.

16. grumpy

grumpy Member Silver Stacker

"And grumpy sounds like I've touched a nerve of your beloved labor party."

Not at all; you set of my RB alarm

Grumpy

17. MetalMajix

MetalMajix Member

The Peter Cosello who sold Australia's gold a bargin basement prices?

18. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

This is strongly reinforced by Kathryn Derbes (one of Jim's bullion suppliers) in her interview with Jim Puplava. She said that an army of people were buying from her after the smack-down.

http://www.financialsense.com/finan...morgan-j-doody/precious-metals-special-report

Note: Wasn't going to bother mentioning this one, until just before, when came across another article saying the same thing.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article33418.html

And Hugo Salinas says, "I look at the graph of the gold price and when it collapses down $100 in about an hour, that is not natural market action. I think people are getting used to this. This is standard procedure and it doesn't worry me at all."

Kathy notes that this type of physical buyer reaction is the opposite of earlier years.

19. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

We might have withstood the early stages of the GFC, like Europe did, but it's not over yet......

20. Ghost

Ghost Member Silver Stacker

Nah, nothing to do with the mines, it was all to do with Kevvy's "Plasmas for Peasants" scheme... ;)