Gold Charting and Gold TA Chat

Discussion in 'Gold' started by Azure, Jul 26, 2012.

1. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

2. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:lol: Yeah? Been winning lately? :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

3. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Look, bro, I don't even care for your worthless fiat, ya hear? I measure my wealth by ounces, and I still have the same amount of those ounces, and I can buy more ounces now with my worthless fiat!@#

:lol: :lol: :lol:

.......... and then I needed to pay the mortgage..... in worthless fiat.... :D

4. wrcmad

Great... I'll buzz all your worthless fiat at spot price of $0 +5% + postage. :)
    You should be happy with such a reasonable premium. :lol:

5. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Depends on how you define winning. I have 1oz Au coins I paid $200 for and since 2002 - things are pretty good as I was paying about AU$560-$600 for 1 1oz Au coin.
    and in 2008 it was about AU$900-$1000. So although I have theoretically lost some value on recent buys overall - things could be a lot worse.
    I know many people who have lost thousands on PM trading. It is a mugs game. You can believe what you like but most gamblers will get their head handed to them at some stage.

6. wrcmad

+1.
    Gamblers will eventually get burned.
    That's why I don't gamble. :)

7. wrcmad

:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. havo

havo Member Silver Stacker

no point forecasting downside levels... just wait till it stops going down... and then gobble gobble

9. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

How will you know it has stopped going down ?

10. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

When it starts going up :lol:

11. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Well it's gone up quite a few times in the past 2 years

12. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's so true Ronnie 666

In addition, as a general rave...........

We've seen recently, one chap cut his losses trading mining stocks. I'm not sure how much he has lost but he realised a capital loss, as have many members who are trading gold and silver miners.

The difference...is that new blokes buying precious metal stocks, get scared, they drop their bundle and actually make a loss, where as those new investors who have purcahsed precious metal have a lump of metal that "could" appreciate in 1 day, 1 month, 1 year, 10 years or 100 years but the bloke who traded paper has nothing!

He has nada, zilch, F-all in his posession.

So although there are chaps here on the forum that are clever traders, they will take losses and...if they say they don't they are full of BS!

Those that have borrowed money to buy paper trades or physical will be re-assessing their options.

The blokes who have no debt, spare cash to buy precious metal, spare cash to piss-up against the wall can do as they please.

The bloke who has physical metal can buy as he pleases, he will sleep well at night, but the paper trader better sleep with one eye open because paper trading doesn't give you much of a break.

So...in conclusion, to each there own, the world is a dynamic place and aas we can see by history, the financial and precious metal markets can do the un-expected.

Take care all and lets hope everyone stays safe and sound in this very volatile market.

H

13. wrcmad

Actually, the difference is he was buying on a fundamental basis. Go figure? ;)
    He also didn't cut his losses - if you follow his threads, he threw good money after bad in an effort to dollar-cost average as the price sank. Sound familiar?
    This is a T/A thread. True T/A traders don't get themselves in the red so far that they get scared and "drop their bundle".

14. Holdfast

No mate...the fundamentals of why many people stack silver is varied.

Some say, they are here for the "End- Shite-fight", some say they are protecting their wealth / don't want money in the bank; some want to double or triple their cash by owning metal so that when there is a currency collapse they've hedged.

Everyone has a different reason and...if you use one member of the forum as an example, you have absolutely know idea of his experience in other aspects of finance or indeed, the chap may have completely different ideals to you. maybe he doesn't give a shite about your trading method or what he does collecting precious metal.

You may think he's a dill for averaging down but if you read what he says, he's purchased precious metal when it was cheap, so "propbably" at this stage he's doing a lot better than you and me???

I don't know but give people are break and...you have to remember that younger folk read these threads.

You think you are a good trader, that's cool but new guys (On this forum) trying to learn your skills can get into trouble.

There's new blokes that may follow your lead and...they "could" lose their cash.

Just think about that sometimes.

H

15. wrcmad

Give him a break?
    I wasn't the one who used him as Exhibit A of what happens when you trade paper and lose - you were. So don't try and mollycoddle him now. :rolleyes:
    And it matters SFA what everyone's reason is for stacking - you compared said trader with T/A which is miles apart and total BS.
    If you are seriously conceited enough to believe that the intelligent minds of poor new souls who frequent this forum may be influential enough to blow their life savings on the investment advice of some bozo internet random, then how about you stop shovelling them the same old permabull garb.

16. havo

havo Member Silver Stacker

you could use any number of subjective or objective measures of momentum

17. Holdfast

Cheers, thanks for that.

H

18. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Give him a break?
    I wasn't the one who used him as Exhibit A of what happens when you trade paper and lose - you were. So don't try and mollycoddle him now. roll
    And it matters SFA what everyone's reason is for stacking - you compared said trader with T/A which is miles apart and total BS.
    If you are seriously conceited enough to believe that the intelligent minds of poor new souls who frequent this forum may be influential enough to blow their life savings on the investment advice of some bozo internet random, then how about you stop shovelling them the same old permabull garb.

Last edited by wrcmad (Today 21:02:17)

I know of 2 cases over the past 12 months were individuals I know, who were well informed and had traded all kinds of asset classes bought gold futures. One guy lost 100k and was left with nothing the other chickened out and lost 20k. I who hold metal may have lost some imaginary 20% on purchases over the last 18months but then again many of those were semi-numis and I may have not lost much at all. In fact until I need the cash and sell the PM I have gained or lost nothing in $ only gained in oz. So unlike my mates who lost $120k on a 5% paper move, I have lost nothing on a 20% drop in paper prices on PM bought these past 18months or so. In a year or 2 if prices are north of 2k for Au and $40 for Ag then in paper terms I am ahead but again until I sell I am in exactly the same place that I am today. Whatever you believe I am sure most members of the SS forum are convinced the bull is not dead and only resting. If you believe the bull is dead and the bears are now in control of PM then sell your metal and buy shares or stick the cash in the bank as an unsecured creditor. Perfectly safe I hear. :D

EDIT *****
    Sorry this does not apply to expert traders who have perfected the art of trading paper but only to us lesser mortals who are victims of ignorance and emotion.

19. wrcmad

Your welcome. ;)

20. wrcmad

Doesn't matter if the bull is dead or not..... looks like any purchasing power I gain from stacking will also be "imaginary"... especially if fiat dies, because then I won't be able to realise those imaginary gains. :rolleyes: