China unofficial leader

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by fiatphoney, Jan 20, 2012.

1. fiatphoney

fiatphoney New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkGkv7NWyl4

I will call the unofficial leading world economy - is China - today, as in now. Throw away GDP as a measure. Look at resource consumption instead. Those who hold it own it.
    Just because Walmart has a 300% markup on China's wholesale price, doesn't make US 3x bigger. If it costs x times as much to build a building or host the Olympics in the West, does this make China's GDP x times less? Take away financial services and debt, the GDP measuring game is over.

Look at the geographical location of Afghanistan relative to China and oil pool land.
    US either controls oil (not just in $US), or it is official this decade.
    Consider the panda in the room graph below. Now who in the world is grabbing the most stuff. Whoever has the most stuff, not ponzi paper, wins.

http://www.dailyreckoning.com.au/ev...know-china-is-their-biggest-buyer/2011/09/07/

Who is about to rule the banking world?
    http://rcesar.net/2011/12/tamanho-dos-bancos-uma-indicacao-de-bolha/

http://www.china-mike.com/facts-about-china/economy-investment-business-statistics/

Those who are in control must now keep control, and this increasingly is looking like war with Iran.
    Financial reset ringarosie may prolong the US status quo a few decades more, but without easy access to cheap oil and China's distaste of Obama's hopium, it's game over.
    China's century has already begun imo.
    China has won because it is willing to pay the price for victory; the US has lost because it is willing to let others pay the price. China decides for the long term at the inconvenience of today; while the US promises in the political short term at the expense of the next generation.

What does this mean for the future?
    No more cheap oil, no more global policeman.
    The emancipation of the Chinese people into a global playground.
    And where necessary, the emancipation of Chinese friends, from democracy.

If you would not like to have been born in China today, living in a world with China exercising its global power will not be pleasant in the future.
    I have been to China, I like the country, I like the Chinese...

========================================
    I LIKE CHINESE
    ========================================

Spoken The world today seems absolutely crackers,
    Intro: With nuclear bombs to blow us all sky high,
    There are fools and idiots sitting on the trigger,
    It's depressing and it's senseless and that's why ...

Intro: I like Chinese,
    I like Chinese,
    They only come up to your knees,
    Yet they're always friendly,
    And they're ready to please.

Verse: I like Chinese,
    I like Chinese,
    There's nine hundred million of them in the
    world today,
    You'd better learn to like them,
    That's what I say.

Chorus: I like Chinese,
    I like Chinese,
    They come from a long way overseas,
    But they're cute and they're cuddly,

Verse: I like Chinese food,
    The waiters never are rude,
    Think of the many things they've done to impress,
    There's Maoism, Taoism, I Ching and Chess.

Chorus: So I like Chinese,
    I like Chinese,
    I like their tiny little trees,
    Their Zen, their ping-pong,
    Their yin and yang-ese.

Verse: I like Chinese thought,
    The wisdom that Confucious taught,
    If Darwin is anything to shout about,
    The Chinese will survive us all without any doubt.

I like Chinese,
    They only come up to your knees,
    Yet they're wise and they're witty,

Verse: (In Chinese)

Chorus: I like Chinese,
    I like Chinese,
    Their food is guaranteed to please,
    A fourteen, a seven, a nine and lychees.

I like Chinese,
    I like their tiny little trees,
    Their Zen, their ping-pong,
    Their yin and yang-ese.

Fade: I like Chinese,
    I like Chinese ...

2. fiatphoney

fiatphoney New Member

blink fixed

3. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Show on sbs the other night...... The Chi Nee have 1 million in Africa now, They have rebuilt the old originally british made railway, they're building massive high rise structures, opening new businesses, and are at the food markets well before the locals 7 days a week..... Be warned!!!! :mad:

4. Diablo21

Diablo21 Member

I'll take that any day of the week over getting bombed and then being looted of everything.

5. jackbrown

jackbrown New Member

All the smart kids at uni today are eating Chinese noodles and learning the Chinese language because China is obviously going to be the driver of the world economy for the foreseeable future. Unless it is just giant bubble?

30 years ago all the smart kids at uni were eating sushi and learning the Japanese language because Japan was obviously going to be the driver of the world economy for the foreseeable future. But it was all just a giant bubble.

6. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Agreed. Notice that the countries "friendly" and sympathetic towards USA are the ones where america has beaten the sh*t out of them, and murdered their women and children in the name of "freedom". It is like at school, when the big bully who beats the crap out of you later offers to become your friend. If there are two big kids at school, and one used to beat you up mercilessly, and later befriends you, which one of these two kids will you be most "friendly" towards?

After murdering millions of innocent foreigners for decades on end, the great bully is now turning his anger inwards to the members of his own household, and those who live in the USA will suffer great violence. If Adolf Hitler reincarnated today, guess which country he would want to be born into?

[​IMG]

7. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

US cops graduate from pepper spraying (like an intrusion of cockroaches) California students:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBk1ogP18K0[/youtube]

To now shooting them (like wild animals) with rubber bullets & pepper balls.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT9VOYR7cMo[/youtube]

Predictable. Absolutely predictable...

8. locksmithuk

locksmithuk Member

+1.

The Chinese have been working their way down the African continent for the last 15-20 years, buying up vast tracts of land, securing mining rights, and acquiring & controlling agricultural infrastructure (including establishing vast palm oil plantations for bio fuels use). I was raised in Africa and have seen for myself their influence (and numbers): there are estimated to be more than 1m Chinese labourers on the African continent (see also this 2009 article: http://www.economist.com/node/13692889), and I can't see them leaving anytime soon.

Like them or not, it's hard to deny that China has been playing a perfect long game. They may hit a wall in 2012 but in the long term not only will their Renminbi be the global currency, but they'll have stockpiled enough copper, gold, silver & other metals to be financially & industrially dominant. Most importantly though, they'll have amassed a great hedge against our next 2 big global crises: food security and suitable energy alternatives.

Start learning Mandarin now.

9. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Wow... just finished reading this AMAZING article about how the US lost out on Iphone work. Recommended reading.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/22/b...d-a-squeezed-middle-class.html?pagewanted=all

Here's a tidbit...

"But as Steven P. Jobs of Apple spoke, President Obama interrupted with an inquiry of his own: what would it take to make iPhones in the United States?

Not long ago, Apple boasted that its products were made in America. Today, few are. Almost all of the 70 million iPhones, 30 million iPads and 59 million other products Apple sold last year were manufactured overseas.

Why can't that work come home? Mr. Obama asked.

Mr. Jobs's reply was unambiguous. "Those jobs aren't coming back," he said, according to another dinner guest."

10. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

Yeah, that was an amazing article - just the discussion about the scale of manufacturing etc was really eye-opening.

11. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yep, that article is well written.

As an Aussie born in QLD, it was really hard for me to imagine the scale of things in China till I came to see it for myself... amazing.

12. fiatphoney

fiatphoney New Member

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/...stroying-america-on-the-global-economic-stage

47 Signs That China Is Absolutely Destroying America On The Global Economic Stage

#4 In 2010, China produced more than twice as many automobiles as the United States did.

#5 In 2010, China produced 627 million metric tons of steel. The United States only produced 80 million metric tons of steel.

#6 In 2010, China produced 7.3 million metric tons of cotton. The United States only produced 3.4 million metric tons of cotton.

13. Jislizard

Jislizard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Students eating noodles?!

Hardly a reliable indicator ! In that case most UK students believe that Italy is going to be a world leader as they all eat pasta and pizza. I think that the noodles are more down to price than any attempt to curry favour with our new overlords.

14. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

mmmm curry noodles.

15. fiatphoney

fiatphoney New Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkGkv7NWyl4[/youtube]

16. jackbrown

jackbrown New Member

You have to think more laterally Jiz, the noodles are irrelevant, the point was Japan was regarded in the same light as China is now regarded. Japan was the world driver in the eyes of many, just like China is today. Where is Japan today? In the toilet. Where will China be in 20 years? Quite possibly in the toilet. The Chinese have had their chance at empire and they screwed it up, after that they built a huge wall and hid behind it for a thousand years until a flotilla of English sailing ships came up the Pearl river and defeated the whole nation.

The Chinese are great copycats and they will defend their borders but they are no are no global hegemon. They are too stupid and too cowardly a race.

17. fishball

Japan's hardly in the toilet, they are chugging along as the 3rd largest economy in the world.

They are also technologically much more advanced than Australia in many areas such as robotics.

Of course it's possible for China to completely screw up and fail, just not very likely imo. There's still a fair bit until China rivals Japan economically and technologically and if they don't screw up then they can go even further.

Historically of course China failed as a country during the wars, they were technologically behind and inherently corrupt (government).

Also, guess what? Japan & Germany also failed in a few wars.

Considering that Germany and Japan are now some of the largest economies in the world (and Germany is strongest in EU), there is no reason to bring up China's warring history as it has no real correlation with economic prowess.

As for your generalization: "Chinese being too stupid and cowardly", that's some pretty good trolling.

18. yennus

yennus Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The Chinese are not a stupid or cowardly race, they just prefer to make money instead of pillaging it from other peoples.

19. jackbrown

jackbrown New Member

They certainly don't pillage, that would require courage. Their preferred method of deriving wealth is by stealing copyright and ideas.

I know that comment about cowardliness and stupidity offends some people but it is my observation, based on their historical behavior. Cowardly behavior can easily be identified in a peoples reaction to violence, how they behave when under physical attack is the common definition. A cursory study of Chinese behavior under the English and under the Japanese invasions over the past couple of hundred years shows their nature plainly so why argue?

Why argue? It is our soft in the head political correctness where we are taught to pretend everyone is nice and good and smart, that is why. Most people in society, call them sheeple if you wish, follow the fashion of the day with regard to thought, and today they are taught to be little diplomats. A diplomat will never make a statement like I did above but they are trained not to. Their job is to be nice to everybody and use words to smooth over international conflicts . They use their brains to convince the brains of the other people to do as their government wishes. When the diplomats fail they send in the warriors and they have a different function, that is to go over there and blow those same brains out of the heads of the peoples who would not give in to the diplomats.

Why do you think Australian soldiers are in Iraq and Iran? Do you think they are being politically correct when they put bullets through the heads of the Afghan soldiers? Do you think they walk up and say "Excuse me sir, I am an Australian soldier and am under orders to blow your brains out. It is nothing personal and I regard you as an intelligent human being, worthy of respect and..." BANG!! BANG!!
    Don't even bother replying to that or you will be way out of your depth. What the Australian solders do there is none of your business and none of mine. You just keep debating politically correct issues, keep filling up your petrol tank and buying all those imported Chinese and Japanese products and you will be doing your part.

20. fishball

You're a fool if you think the entire race falls under one generalization. Maybe I should start calling all Australians bogans? Or all Americans warmongering assholes?

As for stupidity, let me remind you the Art of War is written by the Chinese and historically the Chinese had a high level of culture and science. They are also currently strengthening Asian ties and securing African resources, planning ahead. What is Australia doing? Carbon tax and fighting stupid wars in the middle of nowhere for minimal gain.

Australia looks much more stupid than China.

I argue because you are constantly wrong. You were wrong about University being useless (re: your relative finding a job) and you are wrong here with your opinion.

The last time I checked they (China) fought to defend their lands the best they could (corrupt government + technologically inferior weapons didn't help). Maybe you should call Tibet cowards as well, or Japan when they lost WWII after 2 nukes went down.

I don't care much about political correctness, I consistently talk shyt about mainland Chinese people but you reek of sinophobia and bigotry.

As for Australian soldiers, they have absolutely nothing to do with your incorrect statement about Chinese being stupid and cowardly nor political correctness.

You're the one who's out of his depth here.

Related reading:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historian's_fallacy (past != present != future)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_attribution (Your assumption that Chinese acted cowardly in war)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignoratio_elenchi (You failed to address that "the Chinese are stupid"; they are not)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kettle_logic (Self explanatory)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_projection_fallacy (Self explanatory)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignoratio_elenchi#Red_herring (Australian troops what?)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faulty_generalization (See first sentence of post)

You clearly have some very biased world views and that's fine with me, but don't go pretending your bias views are facts of life.