CGT - onwards and upwards

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by Smoothcriminal, Dec 10, 2010.

1. malachii

malachii Well-Known Member

Interesting release today of part of what went wrong. I think reading the report it shows that everybody including managment got ahead of themselves with the start up of the production side and what they could get out of the tailings. In hindsight - it wasn't smart to rely on the "assumed" production figures for further funding exploration into Mako and maybe the share consolidation was done a bit soon.

Good to see them bite the bullet though and move ahead with drilling towards Mako. They have made a mistake, and it will take a while to restore market faith (fair enough too!!) but I think it is a market over reaction to some extent. Although I want to see the finer detail on the fund raising before I start thinking optomistically again.

Interested in other peoples reading of the announcement.

malachii

2. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Time to start looking at an entry point for those not yet in?

3. malachii

malachii

4. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

This company has really shown why other companies do so much drilling and resource definition before moving into mining... as far as I can tell they took a gamble and didnt upgrade their resource to measured...
    I may be wrong and havent seen the right releases - but if they had an infered resource then that means only a scoping study could have been done - a valiant attempt so save shareholder value? Or shortsightedness and poor planning - you be the judge

I like to assume the best - so ill go with a valiant attempt to increase shareholder value and it didnt pay off...

I dont currently hold, but was litterally planning my finances to buy in about a week before the announcment.

5. Agauholic

Agauholic New Member

bend over n spread em holders

6. SilverSanchez

They diluted the crap out of their shares in the first place - stands to reason old habbits die hard

7. Agauholic

Agauholic New Member

8. malachii

Don't get me wrong - they stuffed up.

BUT - I have been impressed with how rapidly they are dealing with the problems and that they are putting a plan in place fairly rapidly to move ahead from here. I have TENTATIVELY bought some more (only a small amount) as I think most bad news (and more) has been priced in and short of a collapse of the gold price - I think most risks have been removed or planned for.

VERY TENTATIVE buy in my opinion only. DO lots of research yourself. VERY HIGH RISK!!!!!!!!

malachii

9. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Anyone else notice JP Morgan snapped up 12 million shares on Friday?

10. euphoria

euphoria New Member

I was just about to eye roll and be all 'Its their affiliates and not them directly' But looked it up and does seem to be them directly, at least in the role of asset managing and making the decision. Not just a proxy. Interesting indeed

11. malachii

Good announcement about Mako this morning and good to see them pushing the company at the London forum.

A very early positive indication that management are getting back on track. Still very high risk though.

malachii

12. realisticmystic

realisticmystic New Member

13. malachii

It'll be a damn shame if they get control - other than the screw up late last year over being over-enthusiastic with their estimates of the gold content in the waste ore they had left over from the previous owners - this company has really good potential with a lot of the risk behind them. This is probably the reason for the takeover offer - Liongold can see the risk profile falling and they want to get in before the general market recognises (probably in the next general report) it and reprices accordingly.

malachii

14. SilverSanchez

Take overs and buy outs are picking up - really good sign for the sector!

CGT and NGF

15. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

From the annoucement itself:

About LionGold

LionGold is a Singapore Stock Exchange listed and Bermuda incorporated gold mining and exploration company with a market capitalisation of approximately SG$790 million (A$600 million) as at the date of this announcement. LionGold holds a diverse portfolio of tenements ranging from producing gold mines to development and exploration in concessions. It currently has investments in projects in Ghana and Mali. LionGold has undertaken a change in strategy to target consolidation of precious metal assets through acquisition, having previously been engaged in investment in renewable energy businesses. LionGold's objective is to become the Singapore Stock Exchange's first mid-tier gold mining development and production company. Further information on LionGold can be found on their website at www.liongoldcorp.com

On 28 March 2012 LionGold announced that it had closed its takeover offer for Signature Metals Limited ("Signature"), an ASX-listed gold exploration and mining company, with acceptances totalling 76.2 per cent of Signature's shareholders. Signature owns 70 per cent of a producing mine at the Konongo Gold Project in Ghana.

16. lamp

lamp New Member

Hope CGT will continue to pick up, hope it will eventually get back to at least 45 cents!

17. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Well there is no chance of that now lamp, because unless CGT receive a better offer, you will receive 2 shares in Liongold for every 9 shares of CGT you own.

18. glam

glam Member

Can't say I'm overly impressed with this deal. Management don't seem to have done the right thing by shareholders.

Isn't the project on the verge of becoming profitable, the company has enough capital and should have sufficient cashflow to not need another capital raising.

Unless the management know that there are more problems, but then why would Liongold be interested. They would know what they are buying. A soon to be cash cow?

19. SilverSanchez

I dont know much about this company - but they seem to be making mistakes and have cut corners as a gamble and it hasnt paid off - and they cant afford to re-work it and go back to resource definition, they know they dont know where the gold is exactly.
    I dont think they understand the their own deposit anymore

But ive just been watching from he side lines - they may have serious presure from major shareholders - dont know

20. Smoothcriminal

Smoothcriminal New Member Silver Stacker

What Mal and glam said - Bad call CGT do the hard yards reap the reward not do the hard yards and stop at the finish line to see if a bigger runner can carry you of the threshhold to share the medal.