Centrelink system does'nt work.

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TheEnd, Sep 13, 2013.

1. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Thanks mate.... You see what has actually happened to Australia in the last 6 yrs is real estate has appreciated so fricken much that its forced some people to move to outer regions.... All this has done is caused them to be removed from society and have to pay higher travelling expenses just to go anywhere and that costs money.... And fricken centrelink do not pay any extra to us outer region people so we are screwed.....For gods sake petrol was 1.65 only a few weeks ago....Electricity has gone up 50%....I have to pay STD for phone calls......My mobile is $50 a month and internet $70..
    I cant fukin keep up with all the expenses!

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Mate good on you!

Most of the people who have responded probably haven't paid tax like you have for many years.

As I see it...you should get more money..."you" paid money "tax" when you were working.

As far as I'm concerned ya just getting a small portion of the tax back that you paid for many years as a tradesman.

There's plenty of folk here who think they are all mighty but they don't pay their tax obligations..they do cash in the hand or have the skills to avoid the tax man.

You'll find many of the folk who comment are young teens or young adults who have no Fing idea.

H

3. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Wait, you're a diesel mechanic at a time when this country is going thought a once in a century mining boom requiring massive amounts of diesel powered equipment but you reckon you can't get a job and think that times are tough now?

Words. I have none.

4. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Whatever happens when you do manage to secure a job and are back on your feet it may be worth considering moving to another part of the country where your skills are more in demand. Any large mining or agricultural area which has a large population and decent infastructure as a hedge against another job loss.

5. Revils

Revils Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My point is only that centrelink payments will rise less under a Liberal than a Labor government, and that you voted for the Liberal government.
    No argument about fuel, housing costs etc.
    My advice would be to find hobbies that don't cost any money

6. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Ye I paid taxes for more than 15 yrs.....And a lot of that was overtime work done too.......It doesn't make sense to me and its not right either.

7. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Many years ago I was flying back to Australia from Europe and got talking to an Australian couple that had been living in the UK, and were returning home. The man told me his work history story.

As he wanted to work on Ferrari's as a kid, he volunteered to work at the Australian importers of Ferrari in Melbourne for free. Seeing that he was keen, they gave him a job.

The rest is history. He was returning to Australia after he ended his job at Cosworth Formula One R&D in the UK, as the team manager.

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

True mate aye!

You get these pricks on this forum who have good jobs they think every Prick out of work or... every retiree is a bludger but they "select"!

Look at how many A holes here do cash in the hand to avoid the tax man!

Hypocrites they are.

How is it that a bloke who has worked his arse off and then out of work gets a shite CL pay check but a scum bag who has never worked gets the same money???

So a bloke who has worked for many years and paid thousands and thousands of tax dollars is put in the same category as a person who has never paid tax?

That's like having speeding fines where everyone regardless of income gets the same fine...luckily we have a points system so the rich are punished too.

Same should go for CL payments! A points sytem is needed!

H

9. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

Centrelink means living on about $30 a day to look for work while Holden gets a $200 million dollar bail out with our tax money.

10. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

I feel for you TheEnd, the short periods I have had between jobs in my life were times of bleeding money. Add the frustrations of distance where you live and all that compounds.

As well as what Silver Pauper suggests, have you discussed with your mum or wife whoever, doing a refresher TAFE course to reflect your skills. It is a worrying trend of some employers only wanting to see a piece of paper from an educational facility, regardless of what skills you have.

Additionally have you considered looking for employment in the mines. I know people keep harping on about that.

11. fiatphoney

fiatphoney New Member

Take the time to get a good level of fitness, that will help your interviews, retaining good sleep patterns and motivation.
    Do some surfing,
    Go bushwalking through the codan's,
    Expand on your cultural activities remembering Tuesdays are less expensive,
    Gain skills outfitting your stealthvan keeping your money away from landlords,
    Remember that there is no sympathy/dignity for the unemployed in a corporate mefirst society, but knowing who is John Galt may help.
    Your time is very valuable, use it well, and protect your emotions from the guilt zombies who want to turn you into a walking dead inferior, while espousing more immigration for cheaper workers - go girthgirl go.
    Because your time is valuable, upgrading your graphics card will pay endless hours of dividends, and keep you in touch with the retail sector and office staff.

Irony is the Babyboomers were at the forefront of strikes and Slow And Easy (SEC) jobs back in the day. You have absolutely no idea the quality of life the boomers had, until the bankers took gold away in the Nixon era trimming all the fat for themselves.
    http://cluborlov.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/wombs-work-and-well-meaning-wealthy.html#more

While the greed and ego of others see their roles to 'punish' you, take care of yourself first and foremost. As if you don't want a job and be successful - ignorant idiots. If society so demeans those who suffer misfortune, checking out of society amongst economic warfare may become the only viable option.

[​IMG]

"It's not unemployment it's funemployment!"

12. MyNamesNotBen

MyNamesNotBen New Member

So you worked 15 years doing overtime and paying lots of tax (obviously earning lots of money) yet you saved no rainy day fund and accumulated no nest egg over that time? You spent all your money living it up instead of putting some away for a rainy day and now you are paying the price. You should not get a cent from the taxpayer because of your own irresponsibility. NOBODY over the age of 21 should be able to get a cent of unemployment benefits because there is NO EXCUSE for not having a rainy day fund saved by that age. No sympathy from me.

And you should get more benifits because you paid more tax? Really? Do you people actually think like that? Just wow.

All forms of cash welfare excluding disability payments need to go. The dole, paid parental leave and the pension all need to be gone. Absolutely foul that there is people out there who feel they are entitled to taxpayer money just because they happen to live in this country. The government is there to fund healthcare, education and large infrastructure projects. That is it. Nothing else. At least dole bludgers aren't as bad as pensioners complaining about not getting enough milk from the government teat. Australians who are retired now and are retiring in the next 10 years have lived through the most prosperous times Australia has ever seen and probably the most prosperous times we will ever see and they made the CHOICE not to save for their own retirement so fu*k em.

Im only earning $15 an hour doing hard physical labour (started a year ago on $12) while most people I talk to on building sites are earning between $25 and $40 an hour. It was the first full time job I could find so while it was not ideal I took it anyway. My pay will go up slowly but surely, just need to be patient. Im fortunate enough to only have to pay $50 a week in rent and all up my living expenses are ~$170 a week. I walk to the shop and catch public busses so I can live without a car. It sucks no being able to just jump in my car and go wherever I want and I have had to sit next to way more than my fair share of smelly abbos on the bus but I deal with it so I can save some money. With the money I have left over some goes into super, some goes into my emergency fund, some goes into a home deposit savings account and some goes towards precious metals after that there is ~$20 a week for me to spend on things I want. Its sucks being young and having sfa while everyone I know is living it up but that is life. Im living like im poor now so in a few years I can hopefully be somewhat financially secure and not have to stress about money, then I will start living a little. im gonna stop rambling now

13. Argentum

Argentum Well-Known Member

this thread is hillarious better than the real estate ones

14. Midnight Man

Midnight Man Member Silver Stacker

The other possible ending to Silver Pauper's post on page 2 (needing cars detailed and tractors serviced) isn't TheEnd getting a job offer - the other opportunity is that referral work for a job really well done becomes a snowball, and TheEnd actually ends up setting up and running a business servicing cars and tractors and what have you in the local area.

Which, as Silver Pauper has found by relating his own story, can become a means to a nice, secure lifestyle.

15. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

Great, then can we have that 275 million dollars back from Holden.

16. Argentum

Argentum Well-Known Member

some advice for theend:

1. if you are on the dole dont advertise it
    2. dont work for $5 per hour unless all other life needs drop to at least 75-90%
    3. dont apologise

17. scone

scone Active Member Silver Stacker

you forgot the most important bit of advice
    Get a job

edit: Bloody dole bludgers complaining they're not getting enough does my head in

18. Dabloodymess

Dabloodymess Active Member

I am guessing you are young, so from a fellow youngster, the best advice for becoming more financially secure is to get a better job whilst remaining frugal. Saving on a low wage is good, but can only take you so far.

Obviously I don't know your personal circumstances - please don't take it as having a go.

19. petey

petey Active Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

20. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

Argentum,

"this thread is hillarious better than the real estate ones"

The OP was sad to me, and a bit of a worry at the attitudes behind it. And many of the responses make me worry about OZ with its 'sense of entitlement' to a lifestyle choice.

This nation CANNOT afford for every lazy bludger to sit on his arse and complain about the dole money. 15 years of paying taxes is NOT enough to qualify for never ending support, NOBODY has 'earned' that sort of lifestyle! The thought that there are 600,000 unemployed, and 800,000 on DSP, is INSANE!!

Surely we all know this is going to come to an end in the near future, why are we here on this Forum otherwise? Then these people will walk the streets, homeless, and the arse out of their pants. The dole will be HALF the current rate then!

I suppose they could move back in with the oldies (free board of course) and reflect on just how well they have done in the past 35 years. Mum and dad have plenty of money, they can pay for my car rego, smokes, VB, and a night at the pokies. Maybe even 15 minutes with a "lady".

WAKE UP AUSTRALIA!

COC