Centrelink system does'nt work.

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TheEnd, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Silver Pauper

Silver Pauper Member

TheEnd,

Apology more than accepted.

I am one of those 'poor guys' that does not have a trade certificate... please do not feel sorry for me as I am doing quite well. And so can other 'poor guys' if they want to. If they don't, I could care less, they are not my problem or yours.

Sorry to be so harsh, but if those 'poor guys' don't want independence and liberty enough to work it, then they do not deserve and it is not your or my responsibility to try give to them.

Hope I was at least helpful and not just hurtful.

2. Silver Pauper

Silver Pauper Member

In a previous post, TheEnd mentioned the he had been offered a job for $23hr by Toyota Australia and was hoping that in time he would be able to make $26hr.

But either way, if TheEnd is really looking for work then $25hr is a fair offer considering he is using my tools, on my premises, on my insurance and workman's compensation, using my ute to get the parts needed, and unproven as a mechanic. If he is going to argue my price, then he is not really trying to change his situation. Sorry to be a hard bastard, but in his case, my money, my rules. And considering the fact that I have single-handedly given him opportunity to earn the money to fuel his car and pay his rego by sticking out my neck and letting him work on my machines and risking my reputation referring him to my neighbours, $25 is more than fair.

Another person that appears to be part of the problem and not the solution this country needs.

3. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Mate you are brutally honest......I once worked with a leading hand (ex car mechanic) and hiss saying was 'were not here to make friends were here to make money'....And even though he was an asshole to his workers I still think about him these days because he had a great work ethic.....We all get payed for labour hire, and in that time you can either take your time and take as long as it takes or you can work hard and make the business that's paying you more money which in turn may lead to a higher payrate.....Its all relative!

Everyday you go to work you have to be switched on and find ways to save a bit here and save abit there.....Especially in times when the economy is not doing so well and your job is possibly on the line..

I remember back when GFC 1 was happening I heard on the radio that employers were squeezing as much as they could out of workers because times were so tough.....I saw 10 people get sacked from the business back then....You have to work hard EVERY day now in these bad economic times.

4. Silver Pauper

Silver Pauper Member

TheEnd,

I am so far from being an asshole... I have just given you an example of how I would actually bend over backwards to help you, but I am expecting you to work and work hard for that opportunity... and if you proved yourself, I would do my best to ensure you succeeded. Not by giving you money, but by giving you opportunity to build a relationship of trust and reliability.

There is nothing to be gained by riding employees, but at the same time, nobody ever handed anything to me and I do not plan to hand anything to anyone else without a fair trade. I have always been an employer and I have always treated my employees with respect and decency, but I expect a fair trade for every dollar I give them, I do not think that is too much to ask.

I am not required to hire you either as employee or as contractor, nor are you entitled to a job or business transaction from me. Prove to me that you are grateful, honest, trustworthy, and a worthy investment of my hard-earned cash and then I am happy to give you work as an employee or contractor.

In the above scenario, I am the one taking all the risk, money, machinery, reputation, so I am going to write the rules, because it is a risk I do not have to take, but am willing to do so if the returns justify the risk. And ultimately we both benefit from my risk-taking, making the relationship mutually beneficial which means that the relationship is sustainable and viable and successful.

Unfortunately, not many people understand this equation in practice or in theory.

5. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

So the moral of the story is to find people too cheap to maintain their equipment properly and try to do business with them?

6. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Very true SP....Employers are the ones taking all the risks and putting themselves in debt to a bank somewhere.......They have a business to run and the business needs to be profitable ain order to survive and pay taxes etc........That is why labour rates are presently being driven down because the running costs are so high these days.

7. Silver Pauper

Silver Pauper Member

I just cannot let this alone...

This is exactly why this nation is in wallowing in entitlement.

So because some government bureaucrat or union official proclaims that I am entitled to $XX.XX per hour, unless I get that stated sum, I will not work and instead expect the taxpayer to pay my living cost until such a time as I receive my entitlement? And you seem to think you are going to survive a SHTF event or crisis?

It is obvious that you have never experienced the freedom of doing what you want, when you want and how you want. And how do you get there, by changing your perspective on what the world, government, society, parents, etc owe you.

If TheEnd really wants to change his circumstances then he has to take control of his life and situation and make his own decisions. The means to stop thinking he is entitled to anything but a chance or opportunity to provide value in a fair trade. By following the scenario I outlined, he taking active and positive control of his life. He is looking for every opportunity to leverage and build on his past success. He will only become the village idiot if he chooses to do so.

The alternative that you are suggesting, which is the accepted method by society has left him with no money, no job, debt and a slave to the system. With my scenario TheEnd is rapidly reducing his dependence on the system and paying his bills and working his way to becoming independent and a freeman.

I would much rather work for $5hr and be a freeman and standing on my own feet than be dependent on the system because I feel entitled to sit on my bum until I get what I think I deserve.

I doubt that what I just wrote made any sense to anyone here, but it has worked for me and many other people that I know.

8. systematic

This nation is not wallowing in entitlement. Its suffering from bloody minded business mongers.

9. Silver Pauper

Silver Pauper Member

Can you clarify? Not sure what you are trying describe in real terms.

10. systematic

Would you like to bet the farm on that??

11. Revils

Revils Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You want the unemployed to have more Centrelink $$ but voted for the Liberals...

12. millededge

millededge Active Member

I haven't read posts beyond this one, but if you are serious about a job, then you must consider moving - it really is a big country, or at least upgrading your skills. The hard work will pay for itself later.

13. millededge

millededge Active Member

Well said.

14. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

yes with all his Labor bashing as well it is ironic

sucking on the puplic tit all the while as well

15. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Hang on you morons....They make it bloody hard by having to travel to centrelink for appointments all the time and wait half an hour at least to get your turn, then travel opposite side of the local area to a job agency for 'Employment pathway plan'....That all costs petrol money....Then if you want to speak to them on the phone that's at least half an hour waiting time on the phone (STD call for me)........ Then the jobs you apply for they tell you they don't need anyone straight away.......Then you also use your mobile phone and that costs money too ......... All I can do is keep applying for jobs and sit and wait bored off my nut with no money to do anything waiting for a job to finally come thru....

My main issue is that the fortnightly payment is just not enough to survive even basic living standards..... We ALL need internet, mobile phones, and cars/fuel and food to survive and fricken Centrelink does NOT pay enough to pay for these basic necessaties of modern life!

16. Silver Pauper

Silver Pauper Member

No... because I am not a betting man, and if I misjudged you, I apologise.

But again I fail to see you offering a solution to the problem, which I have tried to do, although my delivery may have been less than tactful.

Here is what I have learned from your posts -

There is a theme to this discussion...

That someone presumably TheEnd is displaying...

That we live in -

That I am this because I have used the advice I provided to TheEnd more than once to provide a good living for myself and family

The only way to make money is to prey on people as we are not seeking to offer value in a trade...

Whatever a 'bloody minded business monger' is, is the fault of the country's woes... playing the blame game again...

I apparently misjudge you and your circumstances and now you want to gamble on my misjudgement...

Shrug... I must have completely misjudged the whole situation. I only gave advice based on personal experience of having been in a similar situation once or twice. Not sure what else to say...

17. systematic

Its not personal SP, everyone is entitled to their opinions and the world will keep turning. I would rather see public tax money going to the needy rather than bosses and bureacrats that sit on their bums behind a desk because they think they are entitled to a bail out.

18. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Nice comment....Thanks for the sympathy.

19. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You could probably qualify for the disability pension tbh. I'm pretty sure it pays a bit better than newstart. Just show them your posts on here

20. Byron

Byron Guest

I feel for you TheEnd. It sucks being unemployed esp if its not by choice. In your case its a double whammy of living in an outlying area where jobs are scarce.

Moving to the city will probably eat up most of your pay in rent, utilities, trasport etc. So its a catch 22 situation.

I hope you find a job close to home, soon.