Australian Gold Repatriation Petition - Draft

Discussion in 'Gold' started by CriticalSilver, Jan 27, 2013.

1. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

Given no further submissions on the content of the petition, it is now live and collecting signatures at:

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/aussiegold

There is capacity to add a video, so if there are any suggestions for an appropiate video to support the petition please make them here.

Edit: Also, please feel free to promulgate the link to the petition through any channels you see fit.

Thanks

2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

3. CriticalSilver

I worked through some of the video threads and decided to go with the Jim Rickards war game scenario as the associated video.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdPkaCTdxBU[/youtube]

To sign the petition, just visit this link and fill in the Sign Petition form.
    http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/aussiegold

If you can share the link to the petition amongst your networks, then we might build some momentum.

4. Emanance

Emanance Guest

5. CriticalSilver

I have figured out how to hide the names of people who sign the petition. So if that was detering anyone, its now sorted and names are not listed.

up to 9.

6. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

7. Emanance

Emanance Guest

Maybe a good idea Gino to post a new thread announcing the completion of the draft and letting people know its up and ready to be signed. Perhaps GP could do a sticky for it :).

8. ShinyStuff

ShinyStuff New Member

And 14 is my lucky number!!! Smiling.

9. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

15 and shared on FB

10. Emanance

Emanance Guest

17 After last night...

11. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I agree Dynoman. If anything, one has to wonder, why Australia only has the purported 80 tons as a gold reserve.

Aust like the USA, isn't controlled by a National government that genuinely has the peoples interests at heart. The multinat-corps run the show (including dictats to what ever show-pony government sits in the theatre called Parliaments house). The concept of "nation" and "national sovereignty" is dead. If a piece of land has resources (or assetts of value both below or above ground), then the multi-nationals will move their state players into action in order to take possession. Just look at what is happening in Africa. Australia is/will be no different. Australia (ie the Australian government) dances to the tune played by somebody else. The fact that we (Australia) only has 80 tons of gold reserves and that we sold off a large portion of our former gold reserves, isn't incidental.

Does it really matter whether we have a significant gold reserve and where it lies? It won't do any of us personally any good. And even if we did have significant gold reserves held here in Aust, would any Aust government use those funds for our collective benefit?

Sorry to pour cold water on your initiative Gino. Nice idea in theory but what ultimately will it achieve?

12. CriticalSilver

It may achieve nothing at all. Sufficient signatures may not be achieved for the petition to be taken seriously, the senate may simply reject the submission out of hand, or against all odds, it might be accepted. If it is accepted, then the benefits of reinstating gold as a reserve asset for the banking system, repatriating the Australian Gold Reserves and accumulating additional reserves are:

1) Australia will be better prepared for a post-USD collapse and will be well positioned at the beginning of the "Asian Century", being better aligned with China and the next global monetary system. China of course is our largest trading partner, doesn't export its gold production and is stockpiling gold as a form of national savings independent of the global paper currency system.

2) The property of the Commonwealth of Australia will be back in the hands of Australians and not used to support the hegemony of global private banks profiting from the issuance of debt based money.

3) Gold has been assessed as leveraged at 100 to 1 in the gold markets. Extracting the 80 tonnes of physical gold from the base of the fractional gold scheme will have a significant impact on the value of that repatriated gold and on the value of Australian gold resources in general.

But perhaps the most significant benefit for awakening the golden giant is the power of the monetary manipulators and spendthrift politicians and their governments to indebt the future generations of Australians will be much reduced. Gold is honest money and restoring honesty, no matter how seemingly small or futile the matter, to a country whose motto is a "fair go" for all, is a legacy for which we of this generation may be well appreciated in the future.

13. Dynoman

Dynoman Active Member

I think you have a great political initiative here for a start, a wake up for Guvmunt with regard to the so called Commonwealth of Australia. Good timing too with an election on the horizon now's a good the time to find an independant politician who needs a policy platform to rant about. Who though? a Google news search reveals zero interest in the subject. Most probably because it goes against positive Aus export numbers I'd say?

Edit: Perhaps the Bob Katter - Clive Palmer alliance?

14. lucky luke

First up Gino, I just want to say I like a lot of your past posts. And I think your heart is in the right place with this initiative. But that last sentence in your previous post is loaded with generalisations and belief. At the risk of upsetting you, should I honestly reply? Probably no, but I will.

re: Gold is honest money? IF it is honest, then for that reason alone, the powers to be in society won't let it fly. But I don't think its honest at all, despite my love for the stuff. It's a tool to be used and abused. Honesty has nothing to do with it.

re:.......a country whole motto is a "fair go"? Banjo Patterson, the stereotypical bronzed hard working aussie, and our days of a man (or woman) being judged by their deeds and not their accent or colour of their skin, all died a long time ago. Myths based on beliefs that make one feel all warm and fuzzy. Our motto of a "fair go" has a much credibility as Maca's motto of providing nutritious wholesome food.

re: .....is a legacy for which we of this generation may be well appreciated in the future". The anti-war protesters standing in the front line of demonstrations during the hight of the Vietnam war might have thought the same way.

My apologies for the bluntness. I'm not trolling by the way. Just feel a reality check is needed. My apologies again.

15. CriticalSilver

No apologies necessary. I'm as cynical of the system as anyone, so your observations are understood.

But the reality is that I committed to post the petition and present it to the Senate if no one else or no other larger organisation would, so I will. That's it.

We never know what paths may open up before us and what may happen if we make some effort, however, we do know that absolutely nothing will happen if one doesn't try. My late father often said that "people that can should." That's my reality check.

My hope is we all find something we can do to bring about the change we want to see in this world. Cynicism notwithstanding of course.

16. CriticalSilver

I was thinking Barnaby Joyce might be the logical choice. He could very easily shape the national debate it he chose - http://www.barnabyjoyce.com.au/

17. FlashInThePan

FlashInThePan Member

Gino,

The intent is well founded and I applaud and respect your effort,

However I think this should to be in the form of a Peoples Mandate - as a direct instruction from the sovereign people and beginning with the words;
    It is Our Will that: ..... rather than in the form of a partition. A partition is served on your master by the servant(s).
    They are the Public servants, not us. So a partition = failure right from the get goes unless:
    1. There is political support within already and or
    2. The numbers of participants are so large that they are forced to be seen to act on it for their own political survival

Failing that,
    They should be served Notice of breach of trust for not securing our assets safely - within the hands of a foreign power

18. CriticalSilver

That's what Boston brought up in post #15. You may be right and in case you are, I encourage you to bring forth a Peoples Mandate.

19. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

I would hope the cynics would still be voting regardless of whether they believe this exercise is futile.

20. lucky luke

Nope.