Australian Gold Repatriation Petition - Draft

Discussion in 'Gold' started by CriticalSilver, Jan 27, 2013.

1. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

As promised, Senator Jacinta Collins submitted the petition for presentation in the Senate and it was tabled yesterday. You can read it in the official Senate Hansard for December 2 under the title Australian Banking System.

2. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

So when does the system reset? :p

Thanks for all your efforts gino.

3. Perpetual Gold

Perpetual Gold New Member

Hi all,

Great job Gino...now for round 2

After some interesting feedback I have redone the petition, the FAQ page and added a 'facts' page (accessible from a FAQ answer). The main point was the level of support that I would NOT get if there was anything that resembled a 'conspiracy'...so after some serious head scratching the following will be launched tomorrow starting with a 25,000 email list and some banner ads on websites. I have about 80 websites/newsletters that I will approach for support which will cover about 500,000 emails.

If you have a website that could take a banner ad, please let me know

The launch is tomorrow - www.returnaussiegold.net.au

Fingers crossed and if anyone has any suggestions, drop me a line at [email protected]

Cheers Rod

4. Maxwell

Maxwell New Member

http://www.miningaustralia.com.au/news/petition-launched-to-return-aussie-gold

Petition launched to return Aussie gold
    5 December, 2013 Alex Heber 0comments

Behind the movement is managing director of investment firm Perpetual Gold, Rod Holden told Australian Mining he is running the campaign in an effort to generate discussion and promote the importance of the gold sector to Australia.

"The best way to get take up in mainstream media and the general public is to support a cause," he said.

Holden explained that Australia's gold sector is a significant contributor to the country's GDP, and is a large provider of jobs.

But he explains the majority of physical gold is stored in London because historically that's where the market has been.

He says Australia's close ties to Asia, mature and secure banking sector and political stability makes it a prime place to store Australia's gold reserves.

5. Perpetual Gold

Thanks Maxwell,

The response has been great today, although the article in Aust.Mining wasn't exactly what I was after.

David Evans has put the banner on the front page of http://goldnerds.com.au/and Neil Charnock is going to put it on the front page of .www.gold-oz.com.au. I understand he also supported Gino's campaign.

I have put it out to all around the world today, so we'll see what sort of take up we get tonight.

We have just over 50 new people signed up to the campaign via the online form already today...the trick will be getting the hard copy petition signed as that's what has to be submitted to parliament.

Keep you all posted and please spread the word via email, tweeter and facebook (by clicking on the links on the website header) and if anyone has a website that could take the banner please let me know

Regards Rod

www.returnaussiegold.net.au

email: [email protected]

6. Perpetual Gold

Hi Gino,

Could you drop me a line at [email protected] please. I'd like to pick your brains on the petition.

Thanks

Rod

7. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

How's this going? Has there been any feedback from Senator Collins after she tabled it?