Anyone else waiting for an order from Bullionbourse?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Lunartic, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Lunartic

Lunartic Member Silver Stacker

As per title, I'm waiting on two large orders from Bullionbourse. Both of which contain quantities of 1/2, 2 and 5 oz dragons placed in SEPTEMBER! WTF!

2. perthsilver

perthsilver Member Silver Stacker

I've got an order in for 5oz dragons and I think the mint isn't minting them till Jan or Feb. They will post them out then

3. victorktey

victorktey Member

I've been waiting 10 days so far for some Philharmonics but was told there was a 1-2 week shipping delay when I ordered them. They estimated that they may arrive some time this week but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a longer shipping delay due to Christmas and the New Year.

4. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

Yeah I am waiting on lunar dragons since september too and on PAMP bars for about a month.. I have talked with them several times, it is kind of upsetting espescially since it is the first time dealing with them. They did offer credit on something else or a refund and they were very nice and apologetic about it. It sounds like they are getting screwed by the perth mint which keeps moving the date forward I last i heard was january but who knows , I guess the perth Mint has to make sure they get all theyre coins to China.. I wish Bullion Bourse would throw in an extra coin or something for the wait or refund the money but lock in the price for the coins and guarantee them when they receive them but i know that is not how it works, meanwhile silver keeps dropping.......

5. iceblue

iceblue Well-Known Member

All dealers are in the same boat,many are waiting for stock.
    To single out bullionbourse i do not think is fair, myself as well as many here deal with them, with some items their hands are tied waiting for mint delivery.
    When they have items in stock ready to ship,they get it here to Melbourne in really good time.

6. Silverman99

Silverman99 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I was in exactly the same situation I placed a large order with Bullionbourse for 2oz & 5oz Dragons back in September also and according to their website it was 2-3 week wait which I accepted at the time

However when I heard nothing a month later I managed to make contact with them and was told late November shipping as they were in the hands of Perth Mint who keep pushing the delivery date out and out

In the end I managed to source some 2oz & 5oz Dragons here in NZ from a supplier I then had to make several phone calls and send many emals to Bullionbourse and finally got hold of Ben as Tim from there was on leave . He advised that delivery now would be late Jan or Feb 2012

They did in the end apologise and refund my full amount a week ago so I'm satisfied with the outcome in the end but what a process to go through I think they have been rushed of their feet with the orders and Perth Mint have let them down Ainslie Bullion are in the same situation and they have not received their order of 2 & 5oz Dragons

So if you looking for some I have a good supply of both and happy to ship from N.Z. if your interesred

7. Lunartic

I've asked them to ship to me what they have and refund the rest, but have heard silence.

There are bills due and other things I need to spend that money on, but can not even sell my coins to pay for them!

Guess I'll keep trying..

8. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

I'm in the same boat as you guys---been waiting since sept on 1/2 & 2 oz dragons and now a box of 1 oz pamp dragons---I did mange to get 3 --2 oz dragons sent to me and they have been prompt with my kook orders, so I guess the wait continues---anybody set a time frame on when they give up? With silver in the crapper--could sure make those $$$ go a lot further.......would like those dragons, but worried about the flippers as soon as they hit the market---I paid $95 for 2 oz dragons and $24 for 1/2 oz ones-----both selling for about 30% premium over that--any thoughts?

9. iceblue

Thats the killer, putting out the cash,waiting for product to arrive so you can turn it over, also the market at the moment is not working for those that purchased at high premium,slow delivery times will effect many.

10. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

yes I dont think it is Bullion bourse fault , I really think they are being shafted by the mint I wish and I am sure they do that the mint was strait with them from the beginning I imagine BB will lose customers over it and espescially ones like me that have dealt with them for the first time, although I personally wont blame them for it and they were very apologetic and nice about it. As far as Ainslie goes I would lagh in their face and hope they go to hell, I tried dealing with them and the lady I talked to was extremely rude laghed at me and told me they dont need my business and dont want to deal with me because I live in the USA , by far the rudest company I have ever tried to deal with ...

11. JohnBB

JohnBB New Member

Hi all
    I am not from Bullion B. But i can say its not there fault in the dragon coins. The Perth Mint has Shafted all the Australian dealers in bullion for the last 3 months. This is what happened
    1. If you order stock in September when they where realeased you would have gotten your stock. If people remeber the spot silver price was around $44 per oz.
    2. If you where remotely late in putting your orders in for the 2oz, 5oz or you sold out of your first orders then your screwed by the perthmint.
    3. they send you a e-mail saying the 2oz and 5oz silver coins are having trouble in production and will notify you when enough stock is made for delivery.
    4. This is the kicker , EVEN if your first inline to recieve your dragon coins "THE PERTH MINT GIVES YOUR COINS TO OVERSEAS DEALERS FIRST" As they order alot more then the Australian dealers. INSIDE INFORMATION FROM A STAFF. They do not go by first come first serve basis.
    5. They are not make any 2oz and 5oz Dragon until mid jan 2012 estimated time.

as you can see im not a fan of Perth mint policys but i do like there coins. In recent times the Perth mint has really treated Australian Dealers and Collectors second rate. I guess this goes with business as we are so small conpared to the rest of the world.

my 2c worth .

12. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Guys... if its not in stock there is a risk ordering it..

I also ordered the 1/2, 2 and 5 from BB but after finding out 1 month after ordering the wait was extended another 3 months i was not prepared and also didnt feel the koalas or kooks was a fair sub so demanded (and recieved) a full refund.

I was happy to get my refund and have since decided that "in stock" surely is an incentive to buy, i have since made purchases from BB happily and now basically only buy items that are in stock..

We should all be aware about Perth Mints delays and temporary (cough PERMANANT) inability to keep up with demand..

I feel for you guys still waiting on your dragons and making the decison months back that i was not prepared to tie my money up for an additional 3 months i feel i made a great decision, hopefully when they are back in stock ill be able to buy them for less and take immediate delivery whilst enjoying the freed up cashflow thats allowed me to take advantage of the riduculously low spot price.

I like BB but as long as they are an intermediary they are subject to stock delays like everyone else. I hope SS members have learned a lesson and will consider"in stock" when making purchasing decisions.

I feel your pain brothers.

1for1

13. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

With spot dropping like a rock I'd demand refund and put in an order into some other silver bullion.

Then sell that silver bullion and buy dragons with the cash when dragons are back in stock.

My 2c

14. JohnBB

JohnBB New Member

Hi all,
    That is a good point for buyers but not very good for BB as there inital sales will fizzle out. Im not sure how structure their orders from the perthmint. Alot of the bullion sales from what i heard was locked in at the time when you order the stock from the perthmint . Its Like spot price + premium . If bb ordered the stock in late september then more then likely they will be losing money if they give people refunds.
    I totally agree to ONLY order stock that dealer have on hand.

my 2 and 1/2c worth

15. iceblue

You have entered a legally binding sale,remember this when talking to your dealer. Pulling a sale because of spot drop is the worst thing you could do to a dealer, black mark against you.
    However what is expected to be reasonable time for delivery is arguable, this is where the problem lies.
    Speaking open and honestly with your dealer should see a positive outcome for the both of you.
    Personally i would seek the dollar value of my order in what they have in stock, change the sale , not cancel it altogether.
    BB does a great job they deserve our support as do the other dealers, iam sure if they could get the stock they would send it tomorrow.

16. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Placing your business reputation on an unreliable third party promises (in this case Perth Mint) is always a gamble and risky business if you do not stand behind your promises, because nobody cares your supplier problems as the contract between the seller and the buyer only. Works perfectly if everything goes as planed and your business is able to front run every other dealer selling 1000s of coins before they even able to advertise them. This is the advantage where the extra profit supposed to come from as your turnover skyrocket and not only from your selling margin. If any business prepared to take the gamble on this that is fine. It is the simple case of risk and reward. However you have to keep your promises regardless, and be prepared to take the risk as well. If you promise something for 3 weeks delivery and you can't make it even after a month be prepared to give your customers refund, because your promises have to have as much value as your selling price. If you are prepared to clean up the market to make a fortune on turnover steeling business from more cautious dealers, than be prepared to pay the price if your promises became worthless, because you rob your buyers from liquidity and also from the chance to buy form someone else who might have the stock after your promised time for delivery had expired.

17. silverfunk

silverfunk Active Member

i stopped using bb due to delays and terrible.cust svc. i use bullion money now.no issues fast delivery and they answer queries.

18. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

Nobody said they are canceling orders because of spot dropping!?!?!?! :rolleyes: Timely delivery is the issue-4 months so far is not timely!!!

19. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yep same here/ Intolerably long delays, repeat excuses. I put it down to an inexperienced hobby type business that grew beyond its capabilities. Projack's post throws more light on the model.

20. Lunartic

Totally agree with ProJack.

You're a business, if you can sell what you don't have to make a profit, then be prepared for the risks of doing that and the likely losses! In dollars, customers and reputation.