Alex Jones on CNN

Discussion in 'YouTube Digest' started by Guest, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

NO I just don't agree with you.

I would say my interpretation is different than yours. For that you seem to think it is ignorance.

Yes I am ignorant to Pig shooting and Cougar attacks, my knowledge is extremely limited. So perhaps that is true in that quote hey. Also you could say I am ignorant to a semi auto to a fully auto model whatever, for that I would agree with you also.

However I still have not seen a fair and reasonable reason to own these weapons. Saying it is unconstitutional does not make it right. As I have stated before, these have been amended and updated. As any country, or people as a whole develop they should adjust their laws and make sure it is relevant to the present day. Not withholding your rights as a human. Is the need to carry a gun, a human right ?

If I am so ignorant what is the reason I am missing here. Enlighten me. You have not given a relevant answer to the US situation.

2. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]
    Source: Internet

3. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

I deleted the pig shooting part because it is irrelevant. I have already told you in black and white why the Americans are entitled to these weapons by constitutional right. Human rights are not on trial here, constitutional ones are. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The 2nd amendment means Americans don't have to rely on an incompetent government to afford these three, Americans can just make it so.

While my example of Hitler and Austria may seem extreme because of how fast it happened and how severe it happened. It may seem impossible to think that it could ever happen again. I would suggest that if Austrians had had ingrained in their culture that they had a right to bear arms and did so religiously to defend their freedoms, then hitler may have thought twice about taking them or would have taken some serious damage in trying. Similarly, the eroding of freedoms in America are always going to be much slower because of the second amendment in the knoweledge that at any time the people can revolt. It's the perfect backstop mechanism to stop 51% of the population from taking from the other 49% as democracy allows.

The 49% are 100% at the mercy of the 51% in Australia. We just have to hope that freedom loving people are in the 51% to keep us such a great country. We have no back stop.

4. shinymetal

shinymetal Well-Known Member

In a country that is saying they can kill youor lock you up without trial.. just saying you're a terrorist and providing no evidence.. a "civilian inmate labor program" and an ever growin out of contol surveillance program... homeland security buying hundreds of millions of bullets... i think it is getting pretty reasonable for people to want a big fuckoff gun to protect them self from the government.. the reason they are aloud to own guns is to defend from a tyranical government.. and it's starting to look more and more like they'll have to...

5. hussman

hussman Member

No, Your interpretation and opinion is stupid to put it quite frankly. You ask for reasons, Lovely80 gave you plenty of reasons, plus the most important one which was A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed to defend one self against a tyrannical government. But you keep on saying you dont understand why people need guns in this day and age. If you cant atleast acknowledge that fact and say hey, I dont want a gun, but im not gonna stop you boys from owning one because of the before mentioned reasons. Then your either a stupid person or very ignorant. Thats what it boils down too.

6. bretto

bretto Active Member

you gotta love it :)

AJ is the man.

7. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

Thanks for your intellectual response. However if you look at the past notes you will see, that I have not said any where I believe they are to ban guns. I keep saying give me a reason for this type of weapon. You said Lovey80 gave me plenty of reasons. Yet Lovey80 stated he deleted his post because it wasn't relevant. You guys need to get your story straight first. At this stage all you are saying is the most important reason was to protect against a tyranical government and form a militia. When it was formed I think they had just had a bit of a battle with a Nation I think you will find. Again is it relevant today. Give every damn man women and child in America a Gun. I really don't care, what I am saying is why this level of weapon. Still no one can answer this. You still can't. However name calling will not improve nor sway your argument.

I also acknowledge that they don't need a reason. Again I say just because you can do something, should you do it.

8. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

I agree Lovey80 Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness. How does having an AR15 accomplish this ? That is all. The fact that people cannot come up with something relevant to the actual question, it is all based on because we can.

I also agree that some things can come really quickly and a lot of people were caught out. Yet this was 60 years ago, they just invented radar. We can all know what is happening a lot faster, also people are better prepared. Still entirely possible, how probable I will leave that to the mathematicians.

If people think the difference between freedom and Justice is a gun. Then I am glad I live in Australia.

9. SilverSurfer77

SilverSurfer77 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Here are a few good answers for the anti-gun people, luckily we do live in Australia because if I live in the USA, I would want to be armed to the hilt

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KztkvfeyO80[/youtube]

10. SilverSurfer77

SilverSurfer77 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And here is another good debate about the subject

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3R7Jvm6mnQ[/youtube]

11. Lovey80

I feel like I am beating my head against a brick wall here. You obviously haven't read much into why and how the US constitution came about. How does having an AR15 accomplish this? I'll dumb it down for you. These three things are granted as basis of rights under US law. The American individual should be protected by the US Federal government to ensure these things are never ever infringed upon. Got that? However, he/she doesn't need the Federal government to defend so in reality because if anyone (even the US government) tries to (unconstitutionally) infringe upon his/her right to Life, Liberty or Pursuit of Happiness, they are able to do so for themselves. If American's on mass have decided that they wish to do so with an AR15 (crap choice IMHO) and a 30rd mag then that is their prerogative to do so.

Better prepared? In Australia? For what? Forget the mathematicians people are getting PTSD from anything and everything these days. 60years is bugger all in human evolution, war, tyranny etc etc. The Americans ARE prepared right now, it will do them bugger all good if they "know something is happening a lot faster " if they are unable to do anything about it, just like the Austrians were with hitler.

No you have it wrong because of your very short and sheltered lifes. The freedom and Justice you enjoy in Australia was handed to you by our forefathers after bleeding and defending it with a gun. This is nothing to do with Australia or our laws so lets keep it on the topic at hand. If they think that then so what? Who really cares? What if you did live in America? And the point that will continually pass over the cognitive dissonance in your brain is, you would be so worried about AR15's being owned by everyone and what Law abiding citizens have the "potential" for with them, that ANY restrictions on such laws will ONLY affect the law abiding ones. The ones that you should really be worried about will laugh at these laws because it will have absolutely no bearing on how they go about their business other than to give them a little more freedom to do so.

No I deleated part of your quote because after I had explained very clearly to you exactly why Amercians have not only a need but a right to own these weapons, you kept concentrating on the part of the argument that make these things a "nice" to have.

12. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

Ok looking through and watching quite a lot of anger etc... I finally found what I think is a sensible discussion on the matter. Where both sides are discussed and some interesting things came from it I thought.

If it was so critically important for a constitution to have this in there. Why when the Americans wrote the constitution for Japan did they outlaw the right to bear arms or swords at all ? Whats good for the goose is not good for the gander it appears.

I believe the interpretation MM makes on the original constitution is spot on.
    Full interview -

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-h5DYmzZ80[/youtube]

13. Lovey80

I don't even need to watch it. Michael Moore v Piers Morgan? Now I know you have been taking the piss the whole time. Nice troll mate well done, you got me.

14. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

Ok link deleted

15. Lovey80

Deleted

16. MetalMensch

MetalMensch Member Silver Stacker

Meh... I don't have a lot of time for the likes of Piers Morgan OR Alex Jones.

17. Lovey80

At least it is a little entertaining. The peirs and michael moore conversation would have been the best example of a two man circle jerk you could imagine.

18. MetalMensch

MetalMensch Member Silver Stacker

Hehehehe....true enough

19. Lovey80

I thought I would add a couple of regulations that I thought could be of benefit to the Americans, even though the NRA would oppose these.

Yes they are targeted at law abiding citizens, and responsible gun owners should see these(IMHO) as doing their part to ensure that their actions are not helping criminals get hold of weapons. Leaving the black market as the sole place to target for LEO's.

1. Storage: Persons should be required to store their weapons in a manner that makes it extremely hard for a thief to obtain them when the weapons are not directly in the owners possession ie Safes. Side arms that are not locked up must be either carried on the person or within arms reach at all times (ie allowed to be on bedside table while sleeping).

2. Back ground checks on purchases: all sales of private firearms have to require a photo I.D. and a background check. This can be done through local police or accredited gun dealers.

Can anyone see why this would infringe on ones liberty if the intent is to keep arms from the 97% of those that commit these crimes?

20. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

well the others can't be nearly as good then in getting their message across as AJ stands out for me.