Alex Jones on CNN

Discussion in 'YouTube Digest' started by Guest, Jan 8, 2013.

1. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist."

Lysander Spooner

2. jt

jt New Member

agree to we have no need for a bill of rights / constitution for the sake of it, the most important is the content and how and who can make changes to it.
    i am not sure a bill of rights could be drafted today that would be suitable for most people or maybe just suitable for me with the way that our recent governments think,
    the climate of the times would greatly influence the rights, " US constitution is about what the government can't do ",
    i believe the US have got it more correct than others, think i'd be happy it we just adopted the US constitution :D

3. GBN

GBN Member

Has anyone ever read the UN declaration of human rights?

http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/index.shtml

I just started browsing it and found a lot of inconsistencies between the articles and our laws in Australia.

For example, in SA they tried to bring in some anti bikie legislation whereby the police could order that a person is not allowed to associate with club members (i.e go to the club rooms)

Seems to be in conflict with:
    Article 27 - (1) Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits.
    Article 20 - (1) Everyone has the right to freedom of peaceful assembly and association.

Fascinating.

4. shinymetal

shinymetal Well-Known Member

why isn't he being tried for treason? apparently in march there will be moves made to impeach him
    http://weeklyworldnews.com/politics/45122/obama-impeachment-hearings-begin/

5. jt

jt New Member

i think most if not all of the UN human rights are covered by our common law.
    the bikie legislation is currently being tested in QLD courts and i know NSW police are waiting to see the out come before they act on this legislation.
    there may also be some of our immigration laws which are outside of the UN human rights as well.

UN not only want to be the authority to give rights but they also want to be able to take them away,
    some in particular is that they are anti gun, anti self defence, and anti US 2nd amendment.

no governments seem to listen to the UN unless it suits their argument at the time.

i don't think we need any more authorities to tell us what we can or can't do, also there are many examples of UN doing wrong,
    namely UN peace keepers standing by doing nothing to stop atrocities, these victims would have better served by other forms of security or security forces
    or even by the UN allowing these people the means to defend themself.

although they do some good work in providing AID to those in need.
    i don't think they can offer much to developed countries with their own systems and laws to deal with these issues
    but i do understand there are some non developed countries which would and do require their help.

6. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

I would like to see some sort of provision in the constitution (or a bill of rights) where if there is a major issue such as a wide reaching carbon tax for example, and lies are made before an election about there not being one (or the issue isn't even brought up pre-election) and a government springs it on the population then there needs to be recourse to force some sort of either referendum(at least) or a double dissolution style election forced.

7. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

Actually Austalia's not the no 1 police state by a factor of TEN - it's actually EIGHTEEN!!

and so it goes on ....

http://www.theglobalistreport.com/australian-government-spies-on-its-citizens/

8. GBN

GBN Member

I agree with a passion. Sick to death of my employees lying to me & making promises they know they wont keep.
    Caught lying = loss of job and pension in my book.

9. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

^ Hint. They aren't your employees. It's just deceptive use of words to hide the reality. Politicians do it all the time. A soundbite if you like. Clearly the relationship between a politician and a voter is quite different to that between an employer and employee. But it suits them to have you think you have some power over them.

10. SilverSurfer77

SilverSurfer77 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5WrYMcaKfQ[/youtube]

11. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

Alex Jones, another loudmouth Yank. Seems his competitors have gotten so loud Jones find the need to continually 1-up them in loudness and hostility.

12. capt.sparrow

capt.sparrow New Member

and thank God for this loud mouth yank!

at least the US has some people passionate enough about defending their human right to self defence - unlike the bunch of zombies downunda who bent over and let Howard screw them - without even any KY