A missed Micky D's Breakfast, just think...

Discussion in 'Silver' started by barsenault, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

I see these videos all the time, If people are willing to go THIS crazy over breakfast then what happens when there is a real issue. Not sure how this turned into a gun debate though. I have a gun and carry most of the time. This mcdonalds would have been a camera phone situation not a gun situation :p My firearm is an extreme final option when no more options are available. I don't have my gun on me just incase a fight breaks out at a Mcdonalds It's there for situations that there is no escape and Immediate life threatening danger. You never know what is going to happen. You don't buy a safe or store your PMs in a bank because you are expecting to get robbed or a natural disaster, you do it so you are prepared for the worst and hope for the best.

2. argento

argento Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Its amazing what a country can achieve by printing unlimited amount of money....... that will never be repaid, yet still be respected.
    Maybe there is hope for my Zimbabwe dollars.

3. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I ahve some of those as well paid more on ebay for them they they were ever worth circulating :)

4. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If success was as simple as printing fiat, Zimbabwe and others would also be global leaders. Much of the US success is due to the American people, their confidence and a significant entrepreneurial drive within an environment that has fostered creativity, risk taking, and technological advancement. Unfortunately, the environment that once fostered innovation is increasingly becoming inimical to it as multinationals gain power over government policy resulting in growing barriers to entry and criminalization of creativity to protect incumbents against the very innovation that has served America so well in the past.

No empire has lasted forever.

5. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^^^ And to add to my comment above, this is why Australia should be battling against agreements such as the TPP which are nothing more than draconian corporate-driven attacks on the independence of our nation, on the liberties and freedoms of the public, and will stifle innovation at great cost to us all.

6. argento

argento Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^^^^ My comment was tong and cheek.....but I think you missed my point.

"We already are doing the polar opposite to America. The US is the world leader in technology, engineering, science, space exploration, and vibrant innovative startups to name just a few. Australia has been steadily defunding, undermining and disincentivising our potential in such areas. But at least we seem to be the world leaders in home improvement TV shows and in flipping real estate."

I'm not saying that the US hasn't the initiative to come up with great ideas but to make a bold statement that they are the world leaders ........ is a bit of a slap in the face comment for other countries who don't have access to unlimited funds.
    Europe and Japan print extra funds and their economy is F..k.D.........the US do and their world leaders PLEASE

7. anonmiss

anonmiss Active Member Silver Stacker

After World War II, the United States had the #1 high school graduation rate in the world. Today, we have dropped to # 22 among 27 industrialized nations. (OECD, 2012)

American students rank 25th in math, 17th in science and 14th in reading compared to students in 27 industrialized countries.(OECD, 2012)

By the end of the eighth grade, U.S. students are two years behind in math compared to their peers in other countries. (OECD, 2009)

The U.S. ranks behind 13 other countries in terms of the percentage of 25- to 34-year-olds who have completed some college coursework. (OECD, 2012)

Less than half of American students 46 percent finish college. The U.S. ranks last among 18 countries measured on this indicator. (OECD, 2010)

Only 4 percent of African American students and 11 percent of Hispanic students finish high school ready for college in their core subjects. (ACT, 2011)

Nice statistics for a world leader [​IMG]

8. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

And why don't you go down the list of all the inventions that the U.S. came up with - for which you and your tree folk should be thankful for, because you'd be in the dark ages if not for us. Thems are the facts jack. You'd be pick'n your arse crack on the beach, doing nothing with your life if not for America. Go back to reading on why you should be shouting from the roof tops, thank you America, thank you...thank you. I will expect that from you every time I or any of my brothers and sisters from America post. Got it? Thank you. Oh, and that goes for the rest of you Aussies, got it? :D

9. anonmiss

10. Silver Junkie

Silver Junkie New Member Silver Stacker

11. anonmiss

Don't forget New Zealand, they invented the jet engine.......then sold it to Germany after America turned it down. Meh ya win some ya loose some. :lol:

12. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I prefer Michael Douglas' version better

13. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

14. Potato

Potato Member

Those inventions belong to those who lived before you. Great minds. Our ancestors have invented things that have improved our lives beyond measure.

Let us hope they do not turn in their graves at the thought of us using their inventions to argue on an internet forum.

Seek to contribute to that list, not brag about someone else's work.

15. The Crow

The Crow Member Silver Stacker

And fair enough, too! Unfortunately, we have too much of your TV over here and it leads to a very jaundiced view of Americans. A bit like the view that Americans would have of Australia based upon "the Castle" and "Kingswood Country". I have met enough yanks (visiting OZ) to know that there are plenty of great people over there, but I've also met a few serious wankers as well.

We are suffering from the same plagues here in OZ and, without refusing aid to those who need it, we need to do something about this "sense of entitlement" that people have that is not firmly attached to a desire to work for those entitlements. I'm all for "a fair go" but that is a two-way street.

As for guns - I'm glad I live in OZ, but I'd really like to go back to being allowed to be a reasonable (responsible) gun owner, as I was 20 years ago. Had heaps of fun and no one any worse off for it.

16. Court Jester

Then why dont you go and get your gun license? You do know that not all guns are banned in Aus? You can still hunt / be a sporting shooter.

17. The Crow

The Crow Member Silver Stacker

Last time I looked into it I found that to actually be honest in the application for a firearms license, I don't qualify. I'm not a "club" person, nor do I fit into other qualifying categories. I'm a very stubborn and independent bod, which is not how you get on well with other people.

18. nsw2206

nsw2206 Member

The cognitive dissonance must be huge for our american "friends" Those evil Germans and Hitler starting a war they're not good like America - hey Americas been bombing other places for EVERY YEAR since the second world war. Even now you guys are bombing 3 countries.

and to spout off about living in a civilized society pfft... listen to yourself. Hey I'm an american, and I live in a civilized country. I own a gun to stop people raping my wife one day. My kid got shot at school, but its everyones right to own a gun. lets not change that.

So if the general American population doesn't think bombing other countries is uncool, sure its been 70 years for something to change via democracy. You know, the democracy you bring to other countries with bombs? Clearly the American population has no issue with this.

and we have the greatest coincidence that the population of this warmongering country are indoctrinated to think owning guns is their right. Ground roots support for war. there it is.

ferkern lunatics. how many hot babes do you think have died from american bombs. makes me really angry just thinking about it.

19. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

It's this ignorant and arrogant nationalist attitude that influences international sentiment against the USA. Even the citizens of your allies are against your warmongering. The importation of Nazi scientists after WW2 is nothing to be proud of, and your failure to give credit to the Muslim world for their advances in science and maths centuries ago is shameful. What have you done for us lately, except make us targets for terrorism and forced us into a surveillance society? Your consumer culture accelerates environmental decline in favour of accumulation of unnecessary material possessions. This motivation has buried many technologies that would benefit mankind in favour of profiteering on the enforced reliance on fossil fuels, and has led to corporations attempting to monopolise food production through invasive GMO terminator seeds.

BTW, if you are using wireless internet, you can thank Australia.

20. Court Jester

to this I would like to add: Death to America