A few of my picks. FML, BDR, MAR

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by intelligencer, Jan 4, 2011.

1. millededge

millededge Active Member

2. millededge

millededge Active Member

MAR announced on Friday in the arvo - leases adjacent to the lorena gold target have been approved

3. intelligencer

intelligencer Active Member

MAR has had a bath with the announcement of a non renounceable rights offer at 5c to further its Lorena gold project. I'm a buyer at anything under 5c so its good for me.

Today I finally got a bite at PDN. I put in a buy order back in March with the Fuckushima nuclear disaster but failed to buy under $3 which is wher I had set my goal to buy in.

It went up and today's browsing of the market gave an opportunity and I picked up a thousand shares at $2.90

Will be interesting to see whether I picked the bottom or it continues to slide. I'm still pretty bullish for uranium and see a good long term for it so I'll keep accumulating PDN. There are reports of massive short positions and manipulation going on in PDN at present. Familiar territory ;) Just buy and benefit is my way of looking at it.

4. millededge

millededge Active Member

It's been a shocker (MAR) vrtually from the day I bought in

I've bought some more at .6

It is a very thinly traded stock, though the buy side is firming up

Just $51,865 traded today, with a >25% drop in price

5. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Gotta love the reality of the markets - everyone needs some personal trading rules

One of em should focus on av. daily volume

6. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

7. intelligencer

Well I had bought into Paladin at $2.90 and they are down further and I've just picked up another bunch today at $2.25. I'm going to keep loading up on the way down and they're probably going to sink further so I have another buy lined up at around $2.00 and plan more as it goes down.

Why am I not waiting for an uptrend before buying?

Who knows :)

I'll be pyramiding on the way down anyhow to lower my dollar cost average. Some might say it is risking good money for bad if they continue to slide ever downwards. It's true, but I like the fundamentals of uranium long term and this company isn't an explorer but a producer.

It's the first time I've been a buyer of the latest 'stinker' - that being uranium stocks; though gold stocks aren't far behind in the latest sharemarket weakness.

As for the other shares, CYL are surprisingly resilient and continue to go up and up. Strong hand holders for sure and a company I really like. Certainly not a lifestyle support company for the directors like some other juniors can be.

BDR, CCU and FML are still much higher than when I bought in. The losers are MAR, VML and III. I'm still around 8% up overall since the beginning of the year on my portfolio as a whole even with the losers, and the weak market.

So still pretty good and the producers and near producers will continue to do well imo.

But uranium is the place to be for me right now. The most contrarian trade available atm apart from retail maybe. We'll see where PDN heads over the next few weeks and I hope I can get another bunch at $2.00.

8. SilverSanchez

Yeah, im waiting for $2 mark to load up on PDN, also thinking about taking a punt on BMN if it hits .20c...

Im looking for stocks that have hit or dropping past their 52 week lows, im watching Caltex (CTX) closely because they are a dividend payer and peak oil is still coming.

Sold BDR on a spike, waiting till .80 to buy in again, but yeah uranium producers with good cash flows are the contrarian play...

9. SilverSanchez

LNC (Linc Energy) has been a great hold if it was purchased 6 months ago... they had a good strategy to wait and buy assets... and boy are they buying up, turning cash into undervalued assets

10. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

I'll give 'em some brownie points for being productive. :cool:

11. SilverSanchez

BDR in a trading holt - and news article in the Age today saying that Brazil is going to impose a mining tax on all commoditites .... lets see if thats the anouncement

12. millededge

millededge Active Member

MAR is limping back

Gapped down and the gap is nearly met

The king abdicated after a failed cap raising

A convertible note solution seems formalised

Nice profit if you bought in the 30s.

13. intelligencer

I should have picked up some more, but I'm fully committed now in all respects and didn't take up any of the many rights etc that I've been offered over the last few months except the CCU ones, that turned out to be expensive for a time.

My position at the moment:

BDR +24.5%
    CCU +64.1%
    CYL +76.7%
    FML +24.1%
    III -16.0%
    MAR -28.4%
    PDN +2.1%
    VML -42.4%

So some good ones and some dogs, but I have more invested in the winners than the losers as total value so I am up overall +26.5% on the start of the year and really things have only just got started.