2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

True.

But it's odd to see the amoral chaos and lack of direction in Europe. The twisted lack moral judgement. For a long time it seemed like the US is the "moral compass" of the world, because of so many stupid things that have happened in Europe (ideologies, world wars...).

If the US pulls out of Europe, then the "old continent" will be eat itself. The ethnic tensions in Europe are far deeper and more severe than the "madness" in the US.

Worse: not even Americans understand how Europeans can be so atomized and how so many rivalries existed for so many millenia.

Different psychology. Europe is not the USA. But the UK is nowadays following the US model. Brexit will most likely have the UK drift away and implode.

2. TreasureHunter

I see ideology constantly trying to re-write history in order to make it suit the damn narrative. This is an obsession in Europe and North America.

I hope we get out of this "SHTF" series of events alive and well and the world will turn normal: some level of ethics, self control and no hatred would be desirable.

Otherwise, I think the things will keep twisting and turning in a downwards spiral for quite a while: 1-2 years, potentially. We can hope that the depth of madness has already been reached, but who knows...

Watch the US and EU Q2 and Q3 economic performance. I expect many countries to score -10 % GDP. Some say the UK will score in the -15-20 % range.

Holdfast, crewy and heartastack like this.
  3. JohnnyBravo300

JohnnyBravo300 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The black lives matter destroys the statues of the people they still vote for haha.
    They choose to be slaves and they vote for it so always will be slaves. Good job.
    And you wonder why you cant get ahead in life?

4. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

intellectuals are discussing this

5. TreasureHunter

It is madness what's going on and I don't necessarily see a racial problem, but lack of ethics and brutal ideology.

Trotsky-style mutilation of traditional culture. Ne-communism.

You will see them destroy EVERYTHING traditional, all that's organic and has been worked for. I don't even want to say examples.

6. TreasureHunter

^
    Notice how most major empires collapse because of multiple reasons overlapping: economic problems, climate change ruining agriculture, hoardes of foreign invaders...

It's scary, but today we have all of them overlapping.

Plus: the West is eating itself alive. Left vs right, conservatives vs liberals, white vs black, white vs white... it's a lot worse in Europe than in the US, but the Americans are more inclined to pull the guns fast. In Europe it's words and politics. In the US they take it to the streets. It's the "Wild West" after all :D

7. heartastack

once the stock market, the current opium of the people looks unrecoverable I fully expect the right wingers would show force. The American heartland still has the means to control and produce the resources, or at least the corn and oil lol. I go to the shooting range here and see there are 12 year old girls that could pull off a dozen headshots with clip if they needed to. I guess a lot will depend on who controls the military if it got that bad. People here are very well armed, I would guess 20+ guns per household as an average (that does include generational hand downs). I’m on a temporary visa but I could be hooked up with an AR15 in a couple of minutes if I wanted one (just need cash). But they still think the potential for anything resembling a civil war is ridiculous. They are still very stubborn here with thoughts about the greatness of America and its infallibility. As soon as that cracks so will they. Just having a conversation at work today about it and they are like “never a dull moment in this country, it’s always like this”. I don’t think they comprehend what stagflation really looks like in this political chaos. So much of the country hates itself and it’s history now.. who really wants to defend it?

Also, remember that Christianity is still dominant here, and with coordination and a holy cause I don’t think the left really has a chance. Not that that’s a good thing.. right wing authoritarian is just as scary as anything the left can produce.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    Markco2 likes this.
  8. TreasureHunter

9. TreasureHunter

10. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Crash 2020 would look like ???
    [​IMG]

Scrubs likes this.
  11. heartastack

LOL! I can’t remember where I’ve see him before but I like the style. Good catch

12. TreasureHunter

I can recall Noam Chomsky saying something like this (no exact quote): "if the US collapsed , the whole world would go with it, because the US is too rich" (referring to the world's dependency on the US.

Yet everyone only talks about the dollar, but indeed - the US could cause a cataclysm and then China, Japan, EU and most of the rest would sink down as well.

I think countries like Somalia, Togo, Uzbekistan, Bhutan and Belize could be "safe havens", they're too poor anyway

The US now could spiral out of control into a civil war, which combined with Corona could ruin the economy. Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, Turkey will probably be happy about it.

heartastack likes this.
  13. TreasureHunter

STAGFLATION and DEFLATION are predicted to happen. Depending on country, region, either one or both (could succeed one another).

I'd be curious how gold would behave during these scenarios. Deflation normally isn't good for old. But there are many factors to take into account.

(I still can't believe that "SHTF" has actually happened and we can hope and prey that this gets solved peacefully as soon as possible... gosh!)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    heartastack likes this.
  14. JohnnyBravo300

We will see deflation in real estate and luxury goods, things like that.
    Hyperinflation in everyday goods and essentials, food, fuel possibly.

Of course the inflation that actually affects normal citizens wont be counted and they will continue to lie to our faces as they pump trillions into wall street and banks.

The phenomena is known as trumpflation

BuggedOut and heartastack like this.
  15. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This guy is offensive and I suspect very lucky.

Worth a listen.

heartastack likes this.
  16. JohnnyBravo300

The rich are saving more now and the poor continue to spend. Same as it's always been but by more extreme measures have the rich slowed spending.
    The poor have showed a 4 percent increase of savings which is pathetic but they probably didnt have much extra to begin with.
    Since prices are rising on groceries and wages are stagnant or dropping they will have less extra every year by design as the rich will hoard their wealth and tighten the ship as they should.

This has been the same story for 100 years now and nothing new of course, except maybe becoming more visible and exponential.

17. heartastack

Has the Aus government really done as well as it seems in placating the country? My friends and family don’t seem alarmed at all but when I ask them what they think is going to happen in 6months they can’t give me a well thought out answer at all. It would appear that they think international travel will be back and the economy rebounded just with a few social distancing inconveniences. Do most people assume everything is on track to be ok? They think I’m hysterical lol I’m talking to them about civil war and being stranded as the world burns next year.

18. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If Australia can control the virus and maintain political independence, Australia will be benefiting from the flood of Chinese financial and human capital fleeing Hong Kong.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
    jultorsk likes this.
  19. TreasureHunter

I don't know if you noticed, but "cheap Chinese goods" are nowadays 2-5x more expensive than pre-Corona. Just go to eBay. Some of the cheapest "gadgets" that used to cost 1 $ are now at 3-4 $. Anything from USB hubs to flashlights is included in the category. Plus, the quantity and variety available seems to have diminished, narrowed down.

20. TreasureHunter

Dan Pena has a hazy background, not many people seem to know where he came from or what he did in his life besides preaching violently as an egomaniac with tremendous self-marketing and superiority complex.

This is not to discredit him, but WHO IS HE? Why the "thick jacket" or arrogance?

He makes a few good points, but there's nothing below the foamy rabit arrogance. Lacks substance. Lack respect.

And I tend not to trust "self-made internet heros" who lack respect and substance.

JulieW, heartastack and yuripuka like this.