2020 Collapse

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TreasureHunter, Dec 8, 2019.

1. heartastack

heartastack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Imagine being 1st generation immigrant to a country and participating in the destruction of historical monuments..

Holdfast and Shaddam IV like this.
  2. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The British Muslim South Asians appear to have been integrated well in the British society, at least those that I know online or personally. There’s virtually no difference, at least to me as an outsider.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  3. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

I believe you.

But to the colonial powers integration=total assimilation, losing your culture entirely and becoming "British". Nonsense. It's impossible to fully become "British".
    Also, because there is a racial difference. A white European man cannot become Chinese, nor Indian, no matter how much he tries. It doesn't work vice-versa either.

Even so, it's normal for people to remain with their own culture, language and beliefs, even after moving to a new country. It's a human right to have the right to retain your own culture. No-one can force you to assimilate. Unless you want that. Yes, many people want to assimilate. For many it brings benefits.

Social integration means respecting local laws and customs and building harmonious relationships with the locals/receiving country.
    But social integration should not mean ethnic assimilation (losing your culture and adopting the new culture).

By no means should this implicate forced assimilation, like in France, where they fully reject minority rights, "there's no such thing, but French". Nonsense. And it's unfair.

Countless colonial powers have abused various populations to adopt their own culture.

Now, the "boomerang effect" is slapping the colonial powers in the face.
    The newcomers are not only not adopting the local culture, but they are unwilling to respect it. They are changing it and even commiting abuses against it.

yuripuka and heartastack like this.
  4. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have weak hands -- I sold everything locking in a 15% net (after fees) gain overall we will see if this sell off keeps going

sgbuyer, oziwassabi and Silver260 like this.
  5. Silver260

Silver260 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Nothing weak about a 15% return in a few months.

And kudos to you for actually having the conviction to post up your positions.

Now..... How's my Silver and Gold going.... Ohhhh

Court Jester and sgbuyer like this.
  6. Silver260

Silver260 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

And FWIW, this is what my portfolio of Gold, Silver and BTC looks like over the last 117 days. The grey line in the middle represents my breakeven point....

IMG_20200611_174210_resize_79.jpg

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  7. Davros10

Davros10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think you have smart hands.

Court Jester likes this.
  8. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

DUM.jpg

9. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I thought : Vandalism. No justification.

Then I thought. What if there were a collection of statues of Hitler dotted around Germany....

10. jultorsk

jultorsk Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yet there's an abundance of statues of Lenin and Marx all around with no end in sight... :confused:

Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 1.57.16 pm.png Screen Shot 2020-06-11 at 1.58.53 pm.png

11. TreasureHunter

Vandalism without justification, of course. Some dumb gangs demolished and decapitated Columbus statues as well.

Still, some of the personalities could be regarded as racist (indeed, real racism), I am not going to enter into details right now. But if I'm correct, then Churchill was quite chauvinistic even when referring to various European nations.

Hitler statues? Have you ever seen one? As far as I know, there were no Hitler statues (perhaps not even during Nazi Germany), but certainly not after.

Still, Stalin, Lenin statues were found in abundance in Central and Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union. In Russia, even today, there are some statues - rather Lenin than Stalin. For some odd reasons, people tolerate the cruel Leninists more than the psychopathic Stalinists. None is better than the other, but Stalin managed to do more damage.

It's very stupid and sad, but we will see more vandalizations of otherwise NOT RACIST historical personalities. The conquistadores, Columbus and perhaps even James Cook could be examples. If they vanalized Columbus, they could do the same to Sir Francis Drake, James Cook, Stamford Raffles (see Singapore)...

Hannibal, Gengis Kan and Mobutu Sesse Seko would be "OK", because "only white people are racists".

What is this vandalization if not anti-white racism? This mere vandalization of countless statues representing white people is PROOF ENOUGH of anti-white racism.

I just hope this all ends in peace, rather than pieces. Peace to everyone!

12. sgbuyer

You forgot to add that the statues of Stalin and Karl Marx would also be "OK".

heartastack likes this.
  13. heartastack

It’s communist tradition to turn the world flat and grey. Anything that stands for an alternate cause will be tossed to the river or fires.
    I’m not against removing statues.. it’s the chain reaction that gets set off when it is initiated in this way. It just facilitates extremism

Shaddam IV likes this.
  14. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So now 'Gone With The Wind' is on the banned list. Don't know the reason, but I know what I think of why.

Humorless hypocrites all.

Take me back to Covid lockdown. The morons were safely out of sight.

Shaddam IV and Davros10 like this.
  15. heartastack

Morons.

ED281304-3837-47CD-9C09-0F1F64ED55D5.jpeg

16. TreasureHunter

The USA joins the madness along with the EU. In fact, I'm not even that sure it was the EU that started it.

They're both sawing the branch underneath them.

sgbuyer likes this.
  17. TreasureHunter

Cowboy movies must have people of color, because otherwise they would be stigmatized "racist".

Many old Western movies would now be considered "racist" for 2 twisted false reasons:
    1) "Indians" should be called "Native Americans" (I understand the sensibility, honestly), but wasn't that the term Columbus himself used, mistakenly believing that they were Indians? So, should we purge the old movies now, although they were not intended to be "racist"?
    2) It's "Indians" (sorry: Native Americans) vs "White Cowboys" = "racist", because it looks like a racial conflict (but it's not necessarily), so should we have Japanese Cowboys and Polish "Native Americans", Asian Cowboys and Italian "Native Americans"?

MADNESS

Many historical movies aren't showing the legitimate truth, because it would be "politically incorrect". :( History is being twisted.

I can't imagine a movie about the Spaniards colonizing the "New World", because it would be "too racist". Although, it's not!
    Reason why so many movies are now depicting mixed races in inappropriate context.

There "must" be Black and Asian Cowboys, but only in positive context, as positive heros.

YET: the nazis, communists and other "bad white people" are always depicted as "all white". You will never see a colored "nazi".

MADNESS

Vice-versa: why don't they also have White Samurai and White Saracens, White Indians? Why doesn't it work the other way around? ;)

Don't White people feel offended, because the "can't be samurais"? :p

MADNESS

What are the next steps?
    1. burning books like the nazis did? the truth is too uncomfortable?
    2. censoring old movies, books, demolishing statues of Columbus, Pizarro, James Cook, Cesar, because they're "white supremacists"?

This paranoid-schizophrenic world we're living in...

18. heartastack

Unfortunately even my most intellectual of lefty friends come up with rebuttals such as "winners have always written history through their lens". I'm becoming an outraged male Karen.

jultorsk likes this.
  19. sgbuyer

The difference is the USA has a dangerous military that if put in the wrong hands.

Shaddam IV and paruwka like this.
  20. TreasureHunter

No, they would not be "OK", because "unfortunately" they're white.