2014 The time to buy

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Badlye, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Badlye

Badlye New Member

Chipmunk, That's a strange dooms day scenario where people turn up for work.

2. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

When all those Hi tech computers dies do you think you can get yours monies out-ta banks.
    This will set us all back to primitive time. One shock wave will fried all those digital equipment.
    In event if it happened, how long will it takes to reset them all back.

3. Badlye

Badlye New Member

Yes I fully agree Pirocco, dooms day is irrelevant in this discussion and perhaps it was my mistake mentioning it in the first place.

The topic I was trying to cover was just 2014 and why this is the year. But we've focused quite heavily on the dooms day paragraph haha. My mistake

4. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

I saw that scepticism appear near $50 too, then it was about an eventual dropping price.
    It's expectable that this same scepticism appears near $decadebottom too, about an eventual rising price then.
    In the end, that is why some sell at that $decadebottom, otherwise it wouldn't have been visited at all.
    Reality, is something inbetween. Without changing production and cost of it, a price should be stable, any deviation can then only be caused by some making errors and others taking advantage of them. Precious metal markets are among the best/even sole commodity examples of this. Especially gold, with its near total recycling causing every bit to return to the ever growing stockpile and this seriously weakens the link production cost (read: general inflation) and price. So, your topic and your beliefs and your scepticism, well, fine, but take into account that others may have different thoughts about this, and the market, and the price, is a result of all together, not just you.
    Of course, one can always try to influence anothers decision, so good luck haha.

My current (and I'll revise it if I see reason to) hope sits on $17-18, based on some elements that so far had a sufficient degree of proven concept. For the rest, I can just hope, like you.
    The scenario I consider likely is a stabilizing price, until the next 'big' event. It appears as certain to me that the stock markets are on the road to a correction. If it's a serious and fast one, the panic (sell low to exit) and greed (sell low to buy back in lower) may provide lower silver price opportunities. At the moment I can't order low premium bullion, so I have to wait anyway, some state next week replenish, so then that's 1 problem gone then.

5. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Bugger the permabears now we got ultrabears. :rolleyes:

6. Phiber

Phiber Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

So how has this close watching been going for you this year?
    nuff said.

The doomsday brigade is absolutely pathetic. If if if if... like my dad used to say: IF my grandma had some, then she would be my grandpa. The point it with IFs you can make up any kind of scenarios. Are these worth preparing for? Maybe, it's up to each of us. But this misses the point: preparing for a catastrophe is not the same as investing. It sure comes in handy when your investment has just gone off a cliff in the past couple of years, but is not IMO a sufficient reason why one should invest.

Cool story bro, this is pure speculation.

Schiff like Malooney and the other clowns are in the business of selling you precious metals. You do realise that I hope? They are little more than glorified used car salesmen convincing you this ute will perfect for you and future-proof!

Well mate, it looks like you don't really get it.
    How many people in real life you know have some silver or gold that are not jewellery?
    If your end of world scenario was to happen, where would 99% of the population get their PMs from?
    You also miss the point about why it is worthless. Worthless is not exactly 100% correct however what is implied is that in a true end-of-world, earth-is-roamed-by-brain-eating-zombies apocalypse, basic necessities such as water, food, fuel, tools, weapons, ammunition etc will be what is truly valuable and if that was to happen why the hell would I be swapping my water or my food for your bar of silver?!

I think this is a reasonable and sensible approach that should reward you with stability over the long run.

Now, I don't know about this. But owning a little certainly can't hurt too much over the long run as long as you can afford to lock it away and not need to sell for paying a bill.

7. Pirocco

Things are like they are, alot things sit now on pre crisis level, so a silver price returning to there too, for some time, is possible. It depends on all of us together so if the ultrabears start to outnumber the permabears, then ultra it will be haha.
    Just a couple years ago I thought sub $30 was something for the past due to the QE. But we're here now, $20, and not just a 1dayfly sub $30, 2013's average was mowed down to $23.8. 2008's average was $15, so I do give a temporary $15 a chance. Maybe when our ETF shareholderbuddies finally decide to hang their tails between their legs, and start to sell the stocks they bought over the past years. 300 Moz Ishares go go go.
    The economical figures to come will drive our behaviour haha.
    Can the producing population part overcome the current drain by the legal thieves and their buddies?
    Lotsa questions. All together we answer them, that's why we're all looking at eachother on this forum.
    If you see a dozen ultrabears, maybe you'll become one too haha.

8. Badlye

Badlye New Member

Phiber, yes exactly. I didn't mean go out and re mortgage your house, however if you do have a bit of fiat stashed away this is certainly a good time to turn it into PM.

I see you deal in BTC, I was fortunate enough to purchase 100 btc at 75 dollars, I was also looking at getting LTC when they were 50 cents but I got lazy and missed out. I feel that this year will be much the same with silver, many will miss out and many will look back on one of the best investments they ever made.

On another note, probably should write this in another thread but whatever. I think NMC aka name coin will be one to watch this year, anyone who is into cryptos will probably know what I'm talking about. If not educate yourself! Those looking to get on the crypto train will be hard pressed to get the gains we enjoyed if they are buying in at 700 to 800 dollars. There are however some legitimate alt coins at reasonable prices, beware of scam coins do your research!

9. Badlye

Badlye New Member

Oh and phiber I absolutely agree that you may have to hold your stack for quite some time. That is a given in the physical game, sometimes you've gotta hold for a long time just to beat the spread.

But the absolute is coming this year that is my thoughts

10. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ultrabear and cryptoshill. :lol:

11. Badlye

Badlye New Member

What is a cryptoshill? Haha I'm just a noob

12. Pirocco

A cryptoshill is the phase that a cryptocurrency goes through right before it goes vertical down due to everybody but you throwing it for sale.

13. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's a term of endearment that EM's fond of using :lol:

14. the optimist

the optimist New Member

Welcome to the forum Badlye I liked your post I thought it was very well put across.

I hope you've got thick skin your gonna need it, as on here it seems if you don't agree with Click or have your own opinion you just get a hard time.

This site Is very much like the playground and the natives don't like a new kid.

15. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No, it's the motherhood statements that I find annoying. Opinions are respected.

16. jjrici

jjrici New Member

nice post.

But reflection should be made on an AU$ entry point, not a US$ entry point, at least for my fellow Australians.

The time is coming, but not yet, the season is approaching, but its not here yet.

There will be a time when jjrici finally announces that he is (in terms so popular with this forum) 'backing up the truck'.

Things are playing out very nicely for those who have stood on the sidelines and invested in other investment assets, reaping very nice gains, yet watching on the sidelines, waiting for that opportunity to divert into silver.

A pity all the 'dollar averages' wont be able to participate to the same degree.

17. jjrici

jjrici New Member

lol Sammysilver you are always good for a crackup.

'a whimp expression, putt all your eggs in one basket and then keep a close eye on your basket'.

You mean like that basket of silver that has had its ars* kicked out of it over the last couple of years, yet still despondently saying, hold hold, or better yet, just dollar average downwards.

Yip pretty 'smart' (not)

So again I warn people out there that are naively listening to these sort of posters (although its a bit late now for many).

Fiat currency is still the medium of exchange. PM have a 'store of value' but the market price of PM still fluctuate relative to the fiat currency, because quite simply PM are not the medium of exchange, currency is.

Understand this, and you can prepare yourself better.

The smart stackers understood this, they exited back into fiat currency recognising that after a huge parabolic run up in silver relative to the medium of exchange, there would be too many nave market participants who naively jump on the bandwagon. Those smart stackers still have their beady little eyes on the screen, just waiting for the right point to re-enter. They will still have their stack in the end, just that that stack will be significantly larger because they understand market psychology.

The nave buy high and dollar average downwards will have much smaller absolute stacks.

18. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

hahaha seriously who refers to themselves in the third person?

19. tolly_67

tolly_67 Well-Known Member

I liked the 'beady little eyes' comment.
    I think I had better check the mirror.....

20. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The market has been relatively flat since April last year at sub AUD24. If that hasn't been a good time to buy, tell me when it is. Will you wait to it hits $30 and then sagely say buy, buy, buy? I think your softly, softly rhetoric leads to soft cock syndrome. We are living within an age that will be earmarked in history as the greatest financial collapse of this century, we will be lucky to have time to buy in at these prices when the time comes. I suggest you read up on The Great Depression and see how quickly that unfolded.

I am not a fatalist, I live quite well outside of the stacker community. Should I go down, it will be of my own doing, not of the banks, governments or other interlopers. With PMs you'll always have your stack!