2014 The time to buy

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Badlye, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Badlye

Badlye New Member

Hello I'm new to this site but have been buying silver for some time. I was unaware that the term was "stacker" or that there was even a community interested in the topic, how nice.

I opened up this site this morning, and the negative reaction to lower prices for the new year urged me to create a profile.

I personally am not 100 percent invested in silver and it worries me to see that some people on here are. Diversity is the key to any successful investment strategy, in saying that, the percentage of PM in your portfolio should reflect your strategy and long term outlook on global economics.

A lot of interesting things are nearing boiling point this year and the outcome of these events are very exciting. As the price of silver goes down the amount of talk and media generated goes up, I'm seeing a lot of interest in silver growing. What price do you think will cause a massive bull rush? I'm thinking the 14 dollar mark.

Will the US continue to increase it's debt ceiling (it's not going to default we know that) either way February will be a very interesting time

Peak oil is fast approaching and will have a significant affect on mining costs, not to mention the dwindling geographical locations which can be feasible mined of silver. I think we only have around 5 years of feasible mining before we require a major shift in mining techniques, ocean floor mining etc, all of which are more expensive. When do you think these factors will cause a change in silver prices? I'm thinking 2016 maybe 2017.

I'm hearing a lot of talk about comex being corrupt and over selling and that perhaps physical silver prices are being manipulated. I'm not too sure about these claims, it seems like a lot of talk and speculation to me. Either way if they are true common sense would dictate that you can only manipulate the price of a commodity to a certain point.

Japan's economic position is very shaky and some claim it's collapse could trigger the next GFC. An excellent thing for silver prices no doubt.

Isn't it funny how us "stackers" live for the day everything goes pear shaped haha. That's why I love silver, it takes away the stress and worrying of investing in things that require a healthy economy and at these prices my worry is disappearing at a rapid rate. Anyone who is unsure about investing in silver needs to know 11 dollars is rock bottom it won't go below that. It might go to 14 and the day it does I will double my silver holdings and happily watch it drop to 11 dollars.

Anyone who is buying silver for dooms day scenarios is silly. You can't honestly expect me to give you my clean drinking water and rice in exchange for a hunk of metal. You should be stocking up on food supplies, fresh water, fuel etc. don't even bother with silver and have fun with your extreme paranoia.

Anyway happy stacking people, this year is our year. 2014 the cheapest silver we will see in a long time

2. clear

clear Well-Known Member

Good to see you have it all worked out, well done, so buy at $ 14 in 2014.

3. Badlye

Badlye New Member

I'll continue to buy all the way, however if it does reach 14 dollars I will allocate a much larger portion of my portfolio to silver.

I don't have have it all figured out. Nobody does. What I do have is a plan. Whether or not it comes to fruition is another question.

4. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Odd, you state it as gospel. Tell that to the Cypriots that had cash in the bank prior to the bail-in. Tell that to our super funds that lost zillions for us when the shares crashed during the GFC. Tell that to the property investors who'll lose out when interest goes back up.

It's a whimp expression. Put all your eggs in one basket, and then keep a close eye on your basket!

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Badlye, you throw around figures such as $11 and $14... How the hell did you come up with these numbers, and why should we care that you think these figures are important?

6. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

why buy at $14 when one can buy at $1?

P.S. don't ask me when and where, it's just possibility ...

7. Badlye

Badlye New Member

Sammy you are mixed up my friend. The examples you have given are all of people who had no diversification. If the Cypriots had some PM or some sort of foreign investment they wouldn't be in as bad a position, I'm sure some did and those who were wise most probably used that leverage to exit the country.

Life is gamble, no investment is a sure thing. Some are safer then others and some that are risky pay off very handsomely.

Needless to say that everyone follows their own path, it's just my opinion that it's foolish to be 100 percent invested in just one thing. It's not gospel just my opinion

8. Badlye

Badlye New Member

It costs far more then 1 dollar to mine an ounce of silver, it costs around 6 dollars in fact. The reason I believe 11 dollar is a magic number is because of the chain of sale and profit taking to make silver worth while.

Anything below 11 dollars and simply wouldn't be profitable anymore. The supply of silver would diminish drastically

Again these are just my thoughts after all this is a forum for discussion is it not? What are your thoughts please?

9. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

Agree face value. Don't ask me how I derive this.

10. Badlye

Badlye New Member

They would literally have to be giving oil away and labour costs be zero for silver to reach 1 dollar per ounce. Or the other scenario is massive deflation and in that case 1 dollar might be able to buy the same as 50 dollars now, highly improbable.

11. michael19

michael19 New Member

Im bit confused when you said
    "It might go to 14 and the day it does I will double my silver holdings and happily watch it drop to 11 dollars. "
    So you will buy at 14 and be happy when it drops to 11? I though people invest to make money not to loose money or i just dont understand the sentence because of my english.

And this
    " You can't honestly expect me to give you my clean drinking water and rice in exchange for a hunk of metal."
    What do you use when you buy clean drinking water and rice today?
    You use worthless paper.....yea i dont think i need to continue with this...

After reading all you wrote....I have one more question for you...why the hell do you buy(stack) silver??

12. Badlye

Badlye New Member

I stack silver as an insurance policy/investment. Silver performs well when the economy is not. So it's a great option to offset investment in property. Why do you buy silver? Also I don't really trust fiat at the moment.

Well I think 11 dollars is rock bottom, I'm not sure it will go that low but I'm quite sure it won't go lower. This is why I'm happy to see it go that low, once it reaches that there is only one way and that is up. Again this is my opinion please feel free to tell me where you think rock bottom is and why, I want to know?

Ah see I mentioned DOOMS DAY in that sentence. I'm not talking about your average day here. Yes, right now you have confidence in that piece of paper called money. It's a different story in a dooms day scenario paper doesn't feed you. We are talking about survival here

13. michael19

michael19 New Member

I just wrote a lot but then i deleted it because it would be pointless. its either im still drunk from new years eve or you have no idea what youre saying...youre saying both sides of the story.
    Ill point out 1 thing
    you dont trust fiat and you said silver is worthless in dooms day.
    So what will happen if fiat crashes?

Ill also comment on the "dooms day"
    if it happens people will still have to find another way of "money" gold and silver are the best options. I dont think it will go so bad that we will trade 10 chickens for 1 cow. thats just my opinion

and like you said this is just a discussions

14. Badlye

Badlye New Member

I don't think an economic collapse will result in dooms day. I think crypto and silver will be very useful in these circumstances.

In the case that a virus breaks out, emp from the sun wipes out all electronics, etc etc. these events could potentially initiate a dooms day scenario. Highly improbable and not worth preparing for in my opinion. In this scenario I do believe it will be chickens for cows.

The only reason I mentioned it is because I have seen people claim that this is why they stack. Which is in my opinion, ridiculous.

I think we are on the same page but perhaps the way I have written it is confusing.

15. Gucci

Gucci New Member

$14? It will never go back down to $14. $18-20 is the new low just like in 2005 $3-5 was the low. I bought my silver in 2005 when Warren Buffett was telling us to buy. Now I just follow Peter Schiff Advice since buffett has moved on to bigger quicker investments. By the way in Peter Schiff people here? I follow his Youtube channel as he has always been right about gold and silver. Or atleast in my experience of following him.

16. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

I stack silver because I can kill vampires with bullets made out of metal

17. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Your premise is based on two or three out of four is not bad. Have the courage of your convictions and put your money into investments you believe in. Don't pike.

18. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

Bird flu wipes all those Chickens, Mad cow virus kill all those Cows.
    1 nuke kill all those computers and most humans.

They still use silver in the hospital. :D
    Don't think they ever use gold there. :rolleyes: Let me think.

19. Badlye

Badlye New Member

Gucci that is very interesting to hear. So you believe that we are now on our way up?
    I'm sceptical, but would love to hear the reasoning behind it.

I'm guessing 6 months to one more year down trend before we see a shift.

Yes silver is excellent for slaying vampires, that has been proven by science.

20. Pirocco

Pirocco Well-Known Member

Without a medium of exchange that people accept, 'beyondme'-production and distribution of all what you describe here, soon comes to a grinding halt.
    Of course every need that you can buy directly now instead of later is better than buying inbetween steps (alike silver) to it.
    About doomsday - it didn't require doomsday to halve bank deposits purchasing power over abit over a decade.
    It also didn't require doomsday to drive silver price to $50 and it didnt require doomsday to drive it back down to $20.
    Doomsday, is just irrelevant to this.
    Some do try to use it though, mostly to scare and hurryup people more than they should. For the obvious reason.
    I buy silver for my freedom. My independency from the parasiting clubs that are together known as 'the system'.
    I chosed silver for various practical and market reasons.
    Whether doomsdays happen or not. If they happen, so what? If they don't happen, so what? In the end, X years of systemic legal plundering, is just a more in time expanded version of a doomsday.