2012 World Money Fair in Philly...Release of 2012 ANA Silver Panda

Discussion in 'Modern Chinese Coins & Medallions' started by silverbulldog, Jul 31, 2012.

1. silverfever

silverfever New Member

2. jc888888888

jc888888888 New Member Silver Stacker

not such a great price................they charge you $39 to ship international ,29 dollars to canada , 30 to buy the box and Coa so lets add it up 168 +39 +30 +237 to international
    Canada 10.00 less 227, I WILL BEAT MCM PRICE ALL DAY LONG AND YOU DONT HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THAT HOLLOWEEN MICKEY MOUSE LABEL!! :):) for me if you have a collection it is nice to have the elegant traditional label IMHO

3. silverfever

silverfever New Member

Hi JC.
    I have a US shipping address so shipping is only $6.00. I don't need the box or COA so can you match their price? I don't mind paying $175 shipped for a PF 69. You can keep the COA and the box. PM me if you are willing to sell.

Thanks.

4. jc888888888

Thanks for the offer....... if you dont need the box or coa,and you like that label you should buy it there.I can do for you a fellow silver stacker 200 to usa delivered with everything box coa . If I sound a little testy ,it is not with you my friend,I sent my coins to NGC the first day of the show ,i am in the final stages of grading ,and MCM already has them pisses me off thats all.... regards, Joe ps: 20 years from now if and when you go to sell that coin ,you will wish you had the box and Coa ,collectors love to have all the accrutrements :) me included...

5. silverbulldog

silverbulldog New Member

i agree the box and coa are sick. The Coa looks like an intricate piece of artwork with all the details and the box is hotstamped on the top and bottom....not to mention the wooden box.

i expect after the modern coin mart is done flooding ebay the prices should rise up much higher than $200 a pop....i guess we will see.

6. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

If the history repeats. 1 oz and 5 oz singapore go for more and later is cheap buy in pf69 than buy and grade.
    I try to pick the pf69 for 150 if i can.

7. jc888888888

I have 2 up for auction on e bay one with about 8.5 hours left bid is at 177.50 the other one with more than 24 hours left 165 ,plus lots of e mails from repeat customers on e bay:) ,translation SOLDS, none for less than the Silver stacker price i offered 175 plus international shipping (195 shipped) I have a few left for sale here ,4 of my customers this morning bought them as they desired the traditional label (registry set guys who want uniformity in their collection), and they want the box and coa ,this is just what they tell me , i too believe the box and coa in pristine condition certainly will add substantial value down the line. But if you can settle for the clown label:) and no box,coa, go for it ,it still remains to be seen if the MCM coins go off cheap ,I do have a few left pm me if interested.Regards

8. jc888888888

MCM auctions on these still very strong! IMHO this ANA Panda is not going to follow path of the signapore panda ,the ANA panda,s of the past have a track record of very strong appreciation ,with only 10,000 mintage my sincere adivise to panda collectors for what it is worth is to secure one no matter who you buy it from,granted you could possibly see a dip ,but i doubt it :) and if it happens you will be bidding against me:)I can always flip the clown labels:) a friend of mine tried to buy 20 from MCM for 150 each ,they turned down his offer and said they dont have that have many left in inventory ,i stand by my statement , a good majority of these coins where bought by collector,s at the show and on the show website ,and are not on the market ,any price dips are very temporary IMHO ,And as far as the Signapore coin goes , i believe 10 years from now that will prove to be a winner also .............

9. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

I have a nice crystal ball
    :)

I win today a pf70 for 210
    The pf69 go in ebay for aprox. 120

10. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

I have been watching these crazy low prices too. I think JC8888... is correct with MCM and the like killing the market in the short term by flooding it , I am all for the free market though so they can do what they want . I think the long term though will be a good sound investment with these prices. Good job on these Thor!

11. silverfever

silverfever New Member

Badon has given the thumbs down on the Singapore 1oz medal.

12. low

low New Member

Hahaha.

13. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

Who is Badon?

14. low

low New Member

15. Thor122

Thor122 New Member

I disagree in full.
    Dark age, mad max, a crazy thing.
    In argentina we pass a lot of crisis and we continue here.
    The hard assets los value for a few years, but after a few years became a nice investments (land, houses, gold, uss dollars, foreign stocks)

16. low

low New Member

I agree with you Thor.

17. jc888888888

I know Badon is a very knoledgable coin guy ,but i think he is a little off base:):) or wacky............ look simply put being 57 years old, i have driven this road a couple of times, another round ofQE or stimulus from the US and China,makes people holding boatloads of paper nervous,especially the Chinese someone file this post somewhere ,here is my prediction MCC up 20 to 30% from here gold at 2200++++++ by mid 2013 or possibly sooner if they heat up the printing presses even more than expected

18. low

low New Member

I look at it the way Badon presenting his idea is dangerous and to certain extent misleading.

I don't know if there is any modern China coin with mintage below 1000 that is currently selling below $1000. I believe Badon is talking about copper (brass included) medal.

Apart from MCC, many coins and banknotes have appreciated a lot more than I expected. Take a look at this http://search.ebay.com/310424475782. A reasonably common Straits Settlements banknotes in poor condition sold for $71.00 on ebay. Several years ago you can easily find this grade for below $10. Who is to say "buy the best you can afford" is always right?

http://search.ebay.com/330775585592 - a whopping $296. Yet another "common" coin. Several years ago it is easily available at less than $50.

19. silverstar1

silverstar1 New Member

Thanks for the info! So Badon is the administrator at the Chinese coin forum , did he start it? I am sure he knows alot more about Chinese coins than me which isnt much. I read the article and there is some interesting point there . If I had to sum it up though , and I may be misinterpreting it , it seems he is saying there is no good investments in the precious metals markets than super rare Chinese coins and I can not say I agree with that at all, I think plenty of people are making money in many different sectors of precious metals markets , I think it just depends on the strategy and knowledge one is using. I think the Chinese coin forum is very interesting but does seem very heavily dominated by Badon and a few others which is not necessarily a bad thing I guess just an observation. I also looked again at the compendium to see if I am any smarter since last time i looked and maybe I am just not very computer savvy (or a total idiot) but I just cant seem to navigate through it very well, it is a great resource in theory but I try to search for a certain coin and it just becomes confusing with all the numbers and codes and such and coins i am not even searching for . I guess I just like the format of something like Fishballs pandastats where I just select the coins I am looking for and wallah there is the info.. Interesting stuff though all the way around.

20. low

low New Member

Honestly speaking, if you can read Chinese and can afford to buy loads of Mint annual report which is very expensive, you will probably know a lot more about MCC than most expert in the market.

People like Mr.Ge do get their research information from the Mint annual report, and publication by the CGCI, old coin magazine by various numismatic society in China.