A missed Micky D's Breakfast, just think...

Discussion in 'Silver' started by barsenault, Nov 9, 2014.

1. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

My experience in this forum is that most members are level headed and reasonable people even though we may disagree sometimes or often with one another.

What I have also experienced as an American on this forum is that a tiny few members make the terrible (and ignorant) mistake of accusing all Americans of being war mongers, bullies, and jingoists when clearly we all are not. For example, It was earlier this year I made some factual comments about the strength of the US military but it was the tiny few ignoramuses who then immediately accused me of being something like an arrogant war loving American when clearly, any sane person who read my remark concerning the strength of the US military could see that in no way, shape, or form was I advocating that the U.S. government's abuse of power using this strong military was justified or that I condone it.

So to those tiny few ignorant members who mistakenly conflate one thing for another (like stating facts about the strength of the US military conflated to being an apologist for any and all US military invasions, occupations, or sanctions of the peoples of other nations) (or showing support for gun ownership conflated to meaning that we are gun crazy Right Wing lunatics or something like that), I say knock it off already....it's tiresome reading your nonsense.

If you want to know individual American SilverStackers' views on a subject just ask them instead of making presumptions that have no bearing on reality. We Americans are definitely not all the same thinking / not the same values.

2. nsw2206

nsw2206 Member

3. Court Jester

Court Jester Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

no but you are in the minority, the majority however are warmongering bible bashing country bombing an occupying , innocent civilian killing, ignorant dumb think we can police the world, do as we say not as we do americans

Edit: I just wasted an hour watching s01e01 of scorpion and IF americans actually buy this crap they are more retarded than I had originally thought.

4. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

Agreed, not all citizens are to blame for the actions of it's government. Same goes for blaming all religious people for the abuses of a subset of their faith. For the record, I am in favour of the second amendment, and the constitution in general, though it seems to carry less weight as time progresses. In the past, USA inspired, now days it oppresses, both domestically and abroad. The last couple of decades have demonstrated theft, violence and lies while the assumed legitimacy of it's hegemonic status rapidly declines, and more and more it inspires fear and hatred rather than liberty. It's an indescribably disappointing transition.

5. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's it, now you've all done it. The Perth Mint will have to recall the Australian / American memorial 1/2 oz silver coins. :(
    [​IMG]

6. Spilver

Spilver Member Silver Stacker

Meh,
    We got the gold mines, and the iron ore.
    Our drive by shootings mainly hit garage doors, not people. Our schools are safe, our sugar intake is lower, we don't get upset at the macdonalds menu, but most of all ,
    We got the uranium.

7. l***g

l***g Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Everyone who generalises about any topic will always be wrong.

8. nickybaby

nickybaby Active Member Silver Stacker

Cba to respond to a troll.

9. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

It may be true that most Americans are war mongering, arrogant assholes....I'm not going to deny that we don't have a whole lot of those type of people here in the US but I have done a fairly good job of purging from my life those who do hold attitudes like that (with family members who are retired military officers and who do feel the US military is justified in all its actions, it's tougher to do that but I certainly will give them my piece of mind when such topics do come up).

As for ("bible bashing") religious people, I try to separate religion from the people who hold faith-based beliefs. As an atheist / anti-theist, I do hold very strong views regarding the damage that faith-based belief in deities / supernatural agents does to people and even societies but I also have had for many, many years plenty of good and decent people in my life whom I respect and love who practice religion. There's a way to separate my views of religion from my respect for some people who hold religious faith-based beliefs in the same way I may despise cults but not necessarily the people who get caught up in those cults. I have also stood up fiercely in discussions for the extremist religionists' right of free speech, so in that sense also, I am separating the person from their faith-based beliefs.

Anyway, I suppose this discussion is for a different section of this forum but since religion and war mongering accusations were brought up, well, I can't just let that slide by.

10. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well anyway:

11. Cimexus

Cimexus Member

It varies a lot across the country. America really is 50 little countries in one - each state is radically different. Up here at least (upper Midwest/Great Lakes area), I have found the vast majority of Americans to share my 'Australian' views on most things. However, if I were to travel a few hours south or west, things would be different. An hour or two north and I'd be in Canada, where I've spent quite a lot of time this year and have to say it's eerily similar to Australia (but much colder!)

On top of that, remember that media always tends to concentrate on the vocal, loud, minority, because that's what makes interesting viewing.

Australia is a bit of paradise though and I definitely realising that after living overseas for a while (in a few different countries). Aus routinely top lists of countries with the best quality of life, the most economic mobility, the most household wealth etc. It's true ... but don't take it for granted as there's no guarantee it will stay that way. Particularly if we stop investing in science and technology and fail to diversify our economy a bit. Can't rely on mining and tourism forever.

12. The Crow

The Crow Member Silver Stacker

That's the 'odd' thing about Aussie drive-by's - shoot up the shed as if it has badly upset you. Almost enough to inspire one of those "Fail" posters.

13. nsw2206

nsw2206 Member

you dont have to read this thread if you dont want.

Nobodys holding a gun to your head. oh hang on your in america. maybe they are.

http://youtu.be/0YS1xzjy0sQ did you see them ?? Who should we bomb next in the war on terror? The correct answer is NOBODY you dumb fukkers. lets bomb north korea, they say, pinning the flag on australia.

And why is there even North Korea? why is that? Why is there a North Korea, and why is it a problem.

Its because American forces Killed up to 30% of the Korean population ensuring they did not unify again. What a disgrace.

14. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Yep.
    This is a precious metals forum.There are plenty of political forums down the road.
    Please don't spoil this forum for those who are interested in precious metals.

15. Court Jester

I will judge YOUR country on its actions and will continue to do so. I generalise these things based on the actions your leaders take and do on the world stage. YOUR leaders which are elected by the PEOPLE to represent THEM.

I am not trying to scare the "STUPID YANKS" off just open their eyes to the atrocities that have been committed in their name all over the world, and try to point out why much of the world despises Americans.

16. smk762

smk762 Active Member Silver Stacker

Though we still have it better than most, it's not as god as it was. Mining is on a downswing, and our "stop the boats" policy has fostered enough of a racist sentiment that our neighbors are less inclined to holiday where they expect to be discriminated against. Investment in science and tech has also been reduced significantly, with CSIRO being gutted, and anything to do with environmental matters either being shut down or facing massive budget cuts.

Free speech, and the ability to ignore threads.

Totally.

Feel the same way about being an Ausssie. I've got plenty to say against USA, and also AUS, based on the BS our GOVTS get us into. Generally I don't blame it on individuals, even though democracy implies consent. The exception is when an individual ignorantly expresses nationalist sentiment.

17. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I have noticed and I have to say I do not know why it has taken me so long..... This forum is awash with negativity, it is in nearly every thread. People whinging and bitching, carrying on like children.

Now I have come to that realisation it is interesting to read the different threads.

There is no sense of community, seems like a lot of people with a very individualist attitude which shows through fairly clearly.

18. Court Jester

yes fortunately you dont live here it would drag down the general IQ of the country. You prove my point as a arrogant ignorant American, The individuals in the United states make up the country, and elect their leaders to represent them so I will blame ALL individuals in said country as they are all responsible for the actions of their leaders.

Also dont get me wrong I also dont like our elected leaders and dont agree with what they are also doing in OUR name

19. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I hope that you will say the same thing when others post political threads on this forum. I will be waiting.

20. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am an Australian who has lived and worked in America and to me this thread shows just how little people know about that country. It is indeed many countries in one, it contains the best and the worst of most things, It is more diverse than any other country I have worked in or visited and I have to say that I find people there generally more polite and helpful than any other place I have visited. Australians could learn something about manners from many parts of the US. Making generalisations about a place like America and blaming the citizens of that country for the choices of a leadership that the citizens of said country have virtually no control over is parochial and infantile IMHO. It is a country of great geographical and cultural beauty and diversity and generally the people there are as decent as you will find anywhere.